[ETL] As the galaxy splits in twain...

I’m not very comfortable with too many AoS conversions... I assume they’ll be 40k-fied enough to conform with the rules of the B&C.

I don't think I have anything AoS related... my Pestigors are literally converted Plaguebearer models for 40K. They do exist in both realms and there's even mention of them in the Death Guard book and the Dark Imperium lore.

I have planned thus far for Vow 1 (I have no clue on points, I'm at work):

Daemons of Nurgle

20 x Plaguebearers

6 x Plague Drones

6 x Nurgling Swarms

1 x Poxbringer

Kill Team / Necromunda / INQ28

Death Guard Character - Counts-As Chaos Lord, I suppose

Pestigor Shaman - Counts-As Poxbringer

10 X Pestigors - Counts-As Plaguebearers

Nurgle Minotaur - Counts-As Beast of Nurgle

20 X Cultists

20 X Plague Zombies (at least, maybe more)

I have something(s) else planned for a 2nd Vow if I make it to that point.

Are all those Daemons in the Death Guard codex? If not you'll have to drop the Lord, Cultists and Plague Zombies.

Dragonlover

After doing some inventory, my first vow is sorted:

Lord of Contagion with Plaguereaper

Malignant Plaguecaster

6 Plague Marines

-Champ with Plasma Gun and Power Fist

-Plague Marine With Plasma Gun

-4 Plague Marines With Bolters

3 Deathshroud Terminators

-Champ with 2 Plaguespurt Gauntlets

5 Blightlord Terminators

-2 Combi-Plasmas

-1 Combi-Flamer

- 4 Bubotic Axes

-1 Flail Of Contagion

-1 Reaper Autocannon

5 Blightlord Terminators

-2 Combi-Meltas

-1 Combi-Flamer

-4 Baleswords

-1 Blight Launcher

-1 Flail Of Corruption

This is my first time around for an ETL, but I was hoping someone could explain how the vowing system works.  Yes, I understand you have to make your vows for one faction, that it has to be a legal unit(s), that you get 5 vows, and that they cannot collectively total more than 20,000 points.  I also understand that you can only vow unpainted models, but being primed is fine.  Oh, and that if you fail a vow you fail all your vows.

So, say I vow to paint a unit of 5 chosen.  What does that mean?  How long do I have to paint it?  When is the next vow?

Thanks in advance.

This is my first time around for an ETL, but I was hoping someone could explain how the vowing system works.  Yes, I understand you have to make your vows for one faction, that it has to be a legal unit(s), that you get 5 vows, and that they cannot collectively total more than 20,000 points.  I also understand that you can only vow unpainted models, but being primed is fine.  Oh, and that if you fail a vow you fail all your vows.

So, say I vow to paint a unit of 5 chosen.  What does that mean?  How long do I have to paint it?  When is the next vow?

Thanks in advance.

You have all the time until the end of the event I.e. 3 months. If you finish before that, you may vow again and you have all the remaining time of the event to complete this second vow. Similarly, if you finish your second vow before the end of the event you may opt to vow again and so on.

Otherwise it’s exactly as you described it. Oh, and just to clarify, the 5 vows is the maximum, you can make any number of vows between 1 (minimum) and 5 (maximum).

So I have an question

Chaos Marine characters have the Daemonic Ritual rule, that allows them to summon ANY unit with the Daemonic Ritual rule (AKA every unit in Daemons codex)

So can I pledge daemons for CSM if they are supposed to be summoned for my CSM army?

Technically they are wholly a part of my CSM World Eaters army............

So I have an question

Chaos Marine characters have the Daemonic Ritual rule, that allows them to summon ANY unit with the Daemonic Ritual rule (AKA every unit in Daemons codex)

So can I pledge daemons for CSM if they are supposed to be summoned for my CSM army?

Technically they are wholly a part of my CSM World Eaters army............

Nope.

We are not playing 40k here, we’re playing ETL. As such rules that allow inter-codex “alliances” have no bearing as has always been the case in the past. If you choose to play for the Chaos Space Marines Forum you can only pledge units that are explicitly presented in the Codices associated with the Chaos Space Marines Forum, I.e. Chaos Space Marines, Death Guard and Thousand Sons. Of course you’ll also have access to appropriate units from Forge World but for more details you’ll have to wait for the full rules to become available. :)

Edit: ninja’ed by Dragonlover’s one-liner! :lol:

I have planned thus far for Vow 1 (I have no clue on points, I'm at work):

Daemons of Nurgle

20 x Plaguebearers

6 x Plague Drones

6 x Nurgling Swarms

1 x Poxbringer

Kill Team / Necromunda / INQ28

Death Guard Character - Counts-As Chaos Lord, I suppose

Pestigor Shaman - Counts-As Poxbringer

10 X Pestigors - Counts-As Plaguebearers

Nurgle Minotaur - Counts-As Beast of Nurgle

20 X Cultists

20 X Plague Zombies (at least, maybe more)

I have something(s) else planned for a 2nd Vow if I make it to that point.

Are all those Daemons in the Death Guard codex? If not you'll have to drop the Lord, Cultists and Plague Zombies.

Dragonlover

Yup, they're all in the Death Guard codex as summoned options.

Yeap, they are all in the Death Guard Codex. 

Remember, you may freely choose between all three Chaos Space Marine Codices - you don't have to stick to one. 

Also, I assume, Plague Zombies = Pox Walkers? I hope you'll not go nuts painting all those... zombies! :D

Can I spend a CP to get a sneak peak at those rules?

Id go as high as 3 CP (I get them back on 5+)

:lol:

So back in the miserable days of 4th & 5th Edition when we only had generic daemons, I used Saurus Warriors for Bloodletters and a Dark Elf hydra for a greater daemon. Now the hydra is out since its not in the Chaos Marine codex, but are the Sauruses (Sauri?) acceptable counts-as still for Bloodletters?

After all, the form a daemon takes is subtly influenced by the preconceptions of the summoner and Alpha Legionnaires have a thing for snakes and lizards...

That's cool, I skimmed the Death Guard book twice and haven't done much else with it. Just didn't want you to plan for it then find out it won't work.

Dragonlover

Yeah, that's the only way I can get them all in a Kill Team (presumably).

Archived