Fenrisian Knights?

Chaplain Adonael

I recently bought a Knight Crusader to use with my Space Wolves as they are my only army. I have been looking into what Knight Houses we have interacted with in the fluff and found that House Hawkshroud had a knight that was given battle honors by Logan Grimnar and I was going model mine after their house. 

Of course, any Knight House can come to the aid of a world or campaign along with their Armiger Warglaives so you can really do anything you want with them. I think you would really only see use of them in a MegaBattle as their points are pretty sub-par for anything else.

I recently bought a Knight Crusader to use with my Space Wolves as they are my only army. I have been looking into what Knight Houses we have interacted with in the fluff and found that House Hawkshroud had a knight that was given battle honors by Logan Grimnar and I was going model mine after their house. 

Of course, any Knight House can come to the aid of a world or campaign along with their Armiger Warglaives so you can really do anything you want with them. I think you would really only see use of them in a MegaBattle as their points are pretty sub-par for anything else.

I like that quite a bit more than a lot of the "owned by the chapter" style knights I've seen. I just can't square it lore wise. Don't mind me though I'm kind of a hater. :D

I'll have to find a picture, but at my local Games Workshop, in the display case is a Knight that has been modelled with numerous Space Wolf bits and iconography so it definitely has been done.

I like that quite a bit more than a lot of the "owned by the chapter" style knights I've seen. I just can't square it lore wise. Don't mind me though I'm kind of a hater. :biggrin.:

Every model is not for every person, so no big deal there. I liked the model but I was desperate to find some way to make it work without the "owned by Chapter" feel. Those models look great and no hate against them but personally I could not get behind it.

I'll have to find a picture, but at my local Games Workshop, in the display case is a Knight that has been modelled with numerous Space Wolf bits and iconography so it definitely has been done.

There are kits on Shapeways, this is the seller of the bits. https://www.shapeways.com/shops/GadgetsPlus

I'm in the process of finishing a Knight at the moment and hoping to do 1 or 2 more, also going to do a few warglaives if they are released separately. In my head Canon, they will be from a Knight world destroyed by Nids/Chaos/Necrons (haven't decided yet) and rescued by Logan Grimmnar, as they are now a household without a world they will be based out of one of the Fenrisian Starforts, fighting alongside the Vlyka. I'm going to wolfify them up a bit with icons, pelts and transfers to signify their campaigns with the Rout.

Curiously enough, Hawkshroud also have strong ties to the Blood Angels, their homeworld of Krastellan being located close to Baal.

Im shopping for wolfy bits. any recommendations?

Someone on Shapeways has 3D printed a full set of wolf parts for the Knight. You can see a completed Knight using all of them below. A full set is quite expensive although you can probably get a good impression using just the head and 1 or 2 other pieces.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-AiwaKSHfJH0/VSRJnpBLEhI/AAAAAAAAGlw/D-Emig2H4aM/s1600/16619499327_0eb0865492_k.jpg

Full gallery here: http://taleofpainters.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/showcase-space-wolves-themed-imperial.html

List of parts here: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/GadgetsPlus

It's only missing a massive cod piece to contain all its awesomeness. :)

If only titan size hellfrost weaponry is a thing, but I imagine its because the hellfrost crystals are only found in the Fang, specifically around the spot Russ crashed into

Archived