Tale of Gamers - knight edition

Focslain

Depends on the load out. I need an anti-horde weapon, like rules for Gadget Plus' rotary cannon. If so then yeah, especially with the rumored Hawkshroud trait.

For sure! Really hope that is the trait for Hawkshroud. Love the paint scheme and the rules. My purchase finger is itching. Really excited for this release. I remember asking them about Imperial Knights when they accounted 8th ed. I had just started getting into Knights and they said there was going to be a new edition and that I would be able to play an entire Knight army. So... I waited patiently.. not too patiently though. But I have a small nest egg set aside for my Knight army.

I don't use Itunes, but it's ok. While I know it's not a sanction action I can see if I might 'find' it elsewhere.

As for the games, yeah it's doing ok for now. I was stupid when I faced the Drukari player but learned. The 750 phase it going to be telling as we switch to normal games 1v1 and I'm only going to have two models, maybe three if the new mini-knight kits gives me inspiration.

I really want to play in the IF player soon this round as I haven't assaulted a castle before. This is going to be fun. 

I wonder if taking three of the Armigers might be better at 750. It seemed to be a workhorse at 250.

True, and with the rumored prices dropping to 160 pts, you might get 4 in!  

True, and with the rumored prices dropping to 160 pts, you might get 4 in!  

Actually your right.... will be modding my list once the codex drops. Heck depending on the other drops I could fit 2 armigars and a knight in 750.

So work on the second knight is slow mostly due to the base. I need some more detail work on it and I'd like to get a heraldry for the shield but not sure as of what yet and not sure I can turn in the vow without it.

HJWIP

I also did a 1500 pts bout against nurgle over the weekend. Using the pre-codex rules the four dropped in at 1523 pts/76 PL.

Mission: Take and Hold
Deployment: Table Quarters
Twist: Acid Rain
Ruse: Reinforcements (Knights)

Knights
Styrix - Volkite chieorovile, graviton crusher, seige claw, twin rad cleanser, Warlord (Teneasious survivor)
Crusader - Avenger gatling cannon, RFBC, heavy flamer, meltagun, heavy stubber, ironstorm missile pod
Armigar Warglaive - Thermal lance, reaper chain cleaver, heavy stubber
Armigar Warglaive - Thermal lance, reaper chain cleaver, heavy stubber

KvN0

vs

Nurgle
Great Unclean One
Poxbringer
Spoilpox Scrivener
Nurglings x3
Plaguebearer x30
Plaguebearer x30
Beast of Nurgle x2
Myphitic Blight-haulers x3

We placed our own objectives deep in our territory. The crusader guarding mine and nurglings squatting on his. The rest of his force was placed along his deployment border with his large plague units closest.

KvN1

I got first turn and moved a bit forward and to his less numerous flank. The acid rain hampered my shooting greatly, plus my bad rolling, barely hurting anything.

His force shifted forward and in a focus fire dropped a mini-knight with focused psychic and heavy fire. Honestly the rest of the game is fuzzy, but broke down to the following.

The rain lasted most of the game and between that and his large unit being hard to hit did not help at all. The Styrix lasted a few rounds and was revived, but didn't end of doing much other then dropping his great unclean one.

Since he had two large obj-sec units I was going to have issues and did. This might be easier with his Tales army as while homoculus coven is durable, they aren't as numerous. Also knights in a city scape, while cool looking, are hard to maneuver. I'm hoping the new full armigar box gives us more options then just the two we have seen so far.

So here is a few picts from the game, enjoy.

KvN2

KvN3

KvN4

So didn't get much painting done over the weekend due to being on the battlefield.

I got in my first of the 500 pts games for our Tales group. First against the Drukari then later against the Imperial Fists. Also did my 250 pts against the Slaneesh player. To the the battle reports! Sorry for the quick summaries, but there was a lot of games.

250 pts

Knights
Armigar Warglaive - Thermal Lance, Reaper chain cleaver, heavy stubber

vs

Slaneesh
Harold
2 Chairots

Game was quick, my dice were losey and his was on fire. I managed to take out a chairot in cc after weather it's onslaught of attacks. Each Chairot had about 10 attacks it was nuts. I tried to back out of charge range but that was not happening. I wounded his harold but not enough to kill it and the combined rending hits took the warglaive down.

SvK

If I had hit/wounded just once more per turn it would have been a different result, but thems the breaks.

500 pts

Knights
Styrix Knight, Volkite cannon, seige claw, twin rad cleanser, and graviton cannon

vs

Drukari
Homoculus -
5 Wracks
10 Wracks
Raider - Dark Lance, chains
Talos

I have to learn how to charge with these things. So I managed to hold up against the raider, popping it early. Even with him needing 6s to wound, going up against three liquifier guns was not a good idea, it hurt a bit. I also did the siege claw wrong as I rolled D6 damage for them instead of just saying 6 damage per hit. While I got a respectable eight, the four additional wounds would have killed his talos instead of him making enough FNP to hold it at one wound.

DvK500-1

DvK500-2

He did pull the wracks and Talos I charged back in his turn so he could add some fire from his other units (the raider was up at that moment). This gave me one turn of no CC and I backed up firing. The grav taking the talos finally and the volkite dropping the raider, my rad not so rad in only killing a few wracks.

In the last turn he charged his last squad of wracks and the homoculus, in that order and while the wracks died to overwatch his homoculus survived and got the styrix to critical. I then stepped on him to end the game.

Knights
Styrix Knight, Volkite cannon, siege claw, twin rad cleanser, and graviton cannon

vs

Imperial Fists
8 Helbalsters
Bastion - Icaras cannon, 4x Heavy bolters

This was a quick game as well. He did do eight wounds over the course of three shooting phases, but once I dropped the building, killing a hellblaster in the process he gave up. I even wiffed my first cc round with the building, second round I knocked it down.

(see here is his setup against the drukari player since i forgot to take pictures for mine.)

IF Tower

I also did two 2K games, one against Ad Mech and one against Ultramarines. I lost both, but only just. I got the admech down to just a wounded Cawl, killing a dominus and a Gallent when I went down.

Against the Ultramarines, who had Papa Smurf, the Styrix threw him off the table in turn one. Not before his ability allowed him to drop an armigar in turn one.

KvU

Both games it dropped down to just crappy rolls, most of my random shots were low number and wasn't making saves, like at all.

Once the codex drops I should be able to get another armigar in the list and that extra 12 wounds would help out a lot.

So got in two games with the new codex. One a friendly bout with a full lance the other a 500 pts match for the Tales group, we were unable to get everyone together for the big game.

Also no real pictures here as I blanked out on the taking picts during the games, sorry. But here is the rough paint job for my first (and only wolf) Helverin.

Helverin1

So on saturday in combination with going to an out of town sci-fi con, my buddies decided to do a 'raid trip' where we play some of the locals. There are two gaming stores near the con so after a nice walk thru and some commerce we headed off. First store was a bust as none of the locals showed. The second store one of our group fought the owner, a Death Guard (friend) vs Tau (owner). While doing that I played my friend's Necron army he brought with my newly minted knight army.

Knights
(House Vulker)
Knight Warden - Avenger Gatling cannon, heavy studder, Stormspear pod, Reaper Chainword, Adaminate Knight trait, Armour of Saint Ion
Knight Crusader - Relentless Fury(Heirloom), RFBC, heavy flamer, heavy stubber x2
Knight Styrix - Volkite Cannon, seige claw, twin rad cleaner, Freeblade roll(Peerless Warrior (+WS), Indomible Warrior, Vengence)
Armigar Warglaive x2 - Reaper chain cleaver, thermal spear, heavy stubber
Armigar Helverin - Autocannonx2, heavy stubber.

vs

Necrons
Lord - Veil of darkness, res-orb, warsythe
Deceiver - 'smite'
Cryptec - Chronometer
4 Wraiths x2
20 Warriors x2
10 Immortals x2
Tetrarch Stalker

Mission: Malstorm of War - Escalation

Short Recap - Even with a rough start on the objectives, once the knights hit his line it was a slow grind down. His wraiths kept my helverin tied up for the entire game, only getting one volley off that did drop a wraith, but that was it. My warlord had to extract it near the end. Speaking of, the warlord was tanky, that 2+ save helped with all the -1ap shots she took over the course of the game, that the two rounds of nasty tesla fire. She did drop the c'tan, took two rounds to do it, but she got it.

Also the avenger cannons did more damage to the stalker then any other weapon. So I'll be packing more of them.

The warglaives did ok, one holding off the wraiths for most of the game while the other helping the Styrix clear out the warrior groups. His immortals survived mostly do to hunkering in some buildings on the 2nd and 3rd floors so I couldn't assault them. He gave up after turn four even though he was two points ahead on VP. But with only the lord and his two immortal squads left and me being only a warglaive down and the big knights near untouched, yeah it wasn't looking good.

I can't image how well those squads would last against two avenger cannons.

500 pts
Knights
Knight Styrix - Knight Styrix - Volkite Cannon, seige claw, twin rad cleaner, Knight Senchal trait, Armour of Saint Ion, Freeblade roll(Sworn to Quest, Last of It's Kind, Shame of Failure)

vs

Slaneesh
Harold - claws
Chaiort x2
Fiends x4
(All seperate units >.<)

So the freeblade roll hurt me abit here. I placed a bit back and got first turn, holding back I tried to take out a chariot, only doing four wounds.

He was thankfully out of charge range when he moved up, only scoring a single mortal wound via smite. So I moved up, finished off the wounded chariot, a fiend via the rad cleaner and multi-charged his other chariot and two fiends. This gave me at least on round that I could strike first.

I stomped a fiend but failed to hit the chariot with the claw. His reply was rather weak, scoring a decent amount of hits, but very few wounds that I saved most. After weathering his entire army humping my legs I punted his harold out of the yard.

Rest of the match was just holding off the remaining units, squishing a fiend underfoot per round until I was able to pull back and unload into the chariot. He got me down to ten wounds so not too bad.

Later this week I hopefully should get my 500s vs the Aeldari and tau.

750 scouting report

Knights

So I got permission to do this, because the coordinator likes a challenge and pissing other people off.

I will be running a Castellan and a warglaive, Castellan will be a freeblade since I don't get house traditions anyway and yes it will have Cawl's Wrath because why not?

Imperial Fists
Once again his taking a completely new list. This time we are looking at a Ironclad, a shooty Venerable dread, reivers and captain in gravis. While he is finally building to other a little I know I'm going to table him in like two moderate rounds of shooting, maybe three if his captain is covered correctly.

Drukari
Do to the lack of Wracks, his going for some grotesques, a venom, a raider and some scourges added to his prior force. He'll definitely beat me on objectives less I get a lot of 'kill this' type objectives.

Chaos Daemons
From his rant sunday I take it his switching from his originally planned Khorne addition to a Tzeetch one, mostly flamers so he doesn't have to worry about rolling to hit.

I'll get info from the Aeldari and Tau player when I play them later in the week.

This is an excellent battle report, been really enjoying reading these...

...but I'm keeping an eye on you nonetheless, lot of suspicious canine type activity in here.

:thumbsup:

This is an excellent battle report, been really enjoying reading these...

...but I'm keeping an eye on you nonetheless, lot of suspicious canine type activity in here.

:thumbsup:

Honestly that xenophile of an iron priest only has one more warglaive to mess with and his cut off.

As for the Tales project, all other knights will be going to House Jenius and their only change is the lion heads. Course that is not counting the odd skin condition all of the attached cult mechanicus seem to have. The local biologica is still working on a cure that inconvenience.

Thanks for sharing your progress!  I found out that my local escalation league will not allow big knights, until possibly later when when the points have increased enough.  But Armigers are okay.  

One thing you mentioned is that you were going to take the Castellan as a Freeblade because you wouldn't get house traditions.  Why is that?  A detachment with the Castellan and Armiger would get house traditions.

Thanks for sharing your progress!  I found out that my local escalation league will not allow big knights, until possibly later when when the points have increased enough.  But Armigers are okay.  

One thing you mentioned is that you were going to take the Castellan as a Freeblade because you wouldn't get house traditions.  Why is that?  A detachment with the Castellan and Armiger would get house traditions.

If I took 2 armigars and a castellan, yes. But we are looking at two SH Aux detachments, not a SH detachment. SH Aux do not get house traits.

Also I might just use a freeblade in each of my list anyway because I like the chart and what it adds.

If I took 2 armigars and a castellan, yes. But we are looking at two SH Aux detachments, not a SH detachment. SH Aux do not get house traits.

Also I might just use a freeblade in each of my list anyway because I like the chart and what it adds.

Thanks for explaining, but I admit I am still a little confused, due to my lack of experience yet with detachments.  Why are you taking two SH Aux detachments rather than one Knight SH detachment?  As I understand it, you can still use the Knight SH detachment even with just one knight, it doesn't have to be full.  Or am I misunderstanding something?  I agree, Freeblades do add flavor though!

Thanks for explaining, but I admit I am still a little confused, due to my lack of experience yet with detachments.  Why are you taking two SH Aux detachments rather than one Knight SH detachment?  As I understand it, you can still use the Knight SH detachment even with just one knight, it doesn't have to be full.  Or am I misunderstanding something?  I agree, Freeblades do add flavor though!

Minimum for a SH detachment is 3 units while the min/max of the aux is 1. So too many for a single Aux and not enough for a standard SH. Granted I could run three armigars, but where is the fun in that?

Once I hit the 1K line I'll have enough points to field a SH detachment, most likely a castellan, a helverin and a warglaive. At 1250 I'll have the room for a pair of basic knights and a armigar and so forth.

The end goal at this point (2K) is a warden, a castellan, a Gallent, 2 helverins and a wargalive. And if that sounds familar it should.

Minimum for a SH detachment is 3 units while the min/max of the aux is 1. So too many for a single Aux and not enough for a standard SH. Granted I could run three armigars, but where is the fun in that?

Once I hit the 1K line I'll have enough points to field a SH detachment, most likely a castellan, a helverin and a warglaive. At 1250 I'll have the room for a pair of basic knights and a armigar and so forth.

The end goal at this point (2K) is a warden, a castellan, a Gallent, 2 helverins and a wargalive. And if that sounds familar it should.

Ah, didn't realize a Knight SH detachment had a minimum!  Totally played that wrong this past weekend with my single Armiger.....Doh!  Thank you for explaining and sorry to derail your thread!

• 2 weeks later...

So got to play against the Tau player this week for our 500 pts match.

Knights
Questor Styrix - Vokite Cannon, twin rad-cleanser, graviton gun, siege claw, Armour of Saint Ion. Freeblade (Sworn to Quest, Mysterious Guardian, Burden of Vengence)

vs

Tau

Cadre Fireblade
Etheral on hover board w/ puretide chip, Rite of Devastation
3x 6 fire warriors
6 pathfinders (1 w/ rail rifle)
5 marker drones
Broadside - High-yeild missile pods, SMS, ATS, shield drone.

Mission: Kill them all

So I gave him table edge choice and first drop. He bunkered into a tall building at one end of the table. I placed in the street because why hid?

KvT5004

I got first turn and moved forward, the gaviton gun dropping a fire warrior and his shield drone tanked three rounds from the volkite. the return fire hurt more then I wished. He got five markers (massive luck from the drones) and then I face planted the saves taking seven wounds from the fire warriors, broadside did nothing.

Next turn I move in closer but not close enough to intervention into combat. I get two fire warriors with the gav gun, try to flame the pathfinders away (poor rolling again) and wounded the broadside, but not killing it with the volkite, but managing to kill the drone. I then assaulted into a fire warrior squad he left on the ground, their overwatch scoring a wound, the broadside support failing to hit and the rest of the army was too high to help. I then stomped the squad into paste and consolidated into the broadside.

KvT5003

He pulls the broadside away to allow the rest of the army a close range target. His shooting is not as effective as last round, but still good. He gets his five markers via the drones and strat and then added focus fire and an emp grenade. Massive use of CP but it manages to drop me to eight wounds.

KvT5002

I manage to heal a wound then get close to the broadside. Having it with the drones I flame them away, the broadside getting the rest of my fire which the emp must have done more then hurt cause only one volkite round got through and not enough to kill it out right. I HI in to finish the job, punting it away. The Etheral bolts from the building to join a fire warrior that was trying to flank me. This time my armour holds a bit better, only losing one wound to pulse fire before an emp drops three more.

Hurting I flame the fire warrior squad out of the building, the grav gun finishes the pathfinders and I manage to graze the fireblade with the volkite. His return fire is finally stopping, course the emp drops two more wounds.

KvT5001

Guessing the pilot had had enough of the grenades I focus fire on the fireblade, rad cleansing him to oblivion (failed ld check and he was the closest target). I also get a reprieve from the pulse hurting as he fails to wound his turn.

I move slowly forward, just getting the last fire warrior squad in cleansing range and getting most of the squad, the rest of the weapons failing to find marks due to emp damage. In a last ditch effort the Etheral and two remaining fire warriors move forward, score one wound to shooting and light brigade it into my rad cleanser.

Post Battle:
Normally I don't blame my dice, but by the Emperor. The amount of 1s and 2s I rolled during this game was near criminal. Before you make a comment on needing to discipline the dice, I already have an order for a nice purple and silver set for my knight. Just that its part of cheesix near discontinued line so takes a bit to arrive.

I really do like fighting on the city board at home. Especially with my army's decent assault capability it give my opponents something to level the field with out having to list tailor. Plus the look of the mechs trumping down the street reminds me a little of the Freeblade video game. Also a Crusader would have been a better choice for this level in the event, but I made the call for the Styrix and I have one more bout with it.

Hopefully I'll get to play the Aeldari player tomorrow. Then I'll try to get a battle report and group progress update as well.

It seems that due to some issues with the shining spear models he has opted to just field three Vypers in addition to his prior list.

Knights
Questor Styrix - Vokite Cannon, twin rad-cleanser, graviton gun, seige claw, Armour of Saint Ion. Freeblade (Legendary Hero, Mysterious Guardian, Impetuous Nature)

vs

Aeldari
Farseer on bike - Singing Spear, Executioner, Mind War, Fate's Messenger, Phoenix gem
4 Skyrunners - Shuriken Cannons
Vyper - Bright lance, Shuriken

So set up was a no brainer. Placed mine in the street while he set up his Vypers on the other side of the board, his farseer and jetbike squad behind a building.

He got first turn and shifted his farseer and bikes behind a building closer to me but still out of sight. The Vypers moving to full firing range. Most of the shots hit, but only a single shuriken got through my armour. I failed my LD check and moved forward between two buildings, got within sight and range to flame the bikers and near point-blank range to the vyper squad. The bikes are cleansed to the man, the volkite explodes one vyper causing collateral damage to the other two to which the gaviton gun almost finishes the job. Do to the burden in effect I declare a charge against everyone and again only a single shuriken wounds. I then proceed to crush both vypers, luckily none exploding.

KvE5001

So at turn two it me and the farseer.... no guts no glory. His psychic might causing five wounds before he interventions in and fails do damage. I try and stomp him into the ground and almost kill him, his armour holding up. Instead of pulling back and firing I just hold position and stomp him again. This time he tanks the blows like a pro (no failed saves), but fails to damage with his spear again.

Holding in combat, he causes several more wounds via psychic powers and even manages to score a wound with his spear. This time I stomp him into the ground and his gem explodes, causing me more damage. Almost into single digit wounds I back up and flame his resurrected body to ash.

KvE5003

Post battle: That could have been worse? Also I really hate psychic powers that deal mortal wounds. Once we hit the 1K mark and I can take an actual lance I'm sniping that bloody farseer from orbit.

Tales of Gamers Update

So the 500 pt forces are supposed to be done as of last sunday and from all players that is the case. So now we look towards the 750 lists. These games will be 1v1 Open War with the rest of the levels being either Open War or Maelstrom, players choice. We still need to do the group 500 pts battle and there are even a few 250s still left to do, but those can be done over time. It was decided that at the end of all this (being of November) that we would have an Apoc sized battle for our FLGS' Extra-Life event.

So off to the 750s:

Knights
I'll be taking the Knight Castellen and a warglaive. While this will make my list 768, the EO stated to do it. I'll be taking Cawl's Wrath and then it's a matter of target priority to win the game as I'm still in purge mode.

Drukari (EO)
The lack of Wracks in our area has caused him to shift his list. From the looks it's seems his added another Raider, a Venom, a Crone and some grotesques are on the way. Once again target priority is key, the Raiders, Talos and Crone being high on the list with the grotesques being 2nd tier. If I move enough I can widdle down the rest of the army.

Imperial Fists
His changed his force for the 750 level (something I mentioned earlier). The list seems to be a Captian in gravis armour, 5 Reivers, an Ironclad dread, and a shooty Ven Dread (twin-las and twin autocannon). It seems his trying to list tailor to me abit it's been agreed that his first three opponents this round can not be me. This way we can see if his list does decent against others before I drop kick him in two turns. His also discussed adding a Leviathan down the line. Seems he wants to do a mostly dread list now to have 'walking' fortification. It's a neat idea since he can't really find other fortification that work. I only hope we see a return of the Bastion sometime in the future.

Tau
So we are looking at adding either a Riptide, a Y'varha, or a ghost keel and stealth suits. Thinking on it the Y'varha is actually decent for our group. The flamers are multi-damage so will do good against all of us.

Daemons
From what I've gathered his still in Slaneesh mode and looking to add another herald and some seekers.

Aeldari
From the brief conversation it's looking like more bikers, possibly the return on the shining spears, though a second farseer isn't a bad option I believe that is his game at 1K

Sorry for the lack of updates, work on the Castellan is slow, but progressing

Castwip1

castwip2

Also got an update on the 750 lists of my opponents.

Tau - Confirmed on the Yvarha, basically replacing his missile broadside. After reviewing the rules on this thing I'm going to have to give it both barrels at the first chance I get. The siege cannons will take out marker light units. The Y'varha also makes a good target for the shieldbreaker missiles.

Aeldari - His bringing air-support in the form of a Hemlock fighter. This is an interesting beast but I don't like the D-Scythes. I'm looking at plasma flakking him, if I split fire all my weapons I should be able to put a large dent in his AT ability. If he moves his smiters closer all the better since I can take them with the shieldbreakers.

The Drukari player got his force finished so I'm going to see if I can get mine done by this weekend to fight him and maybe the Tau player if his done his.

Want to add my two cents of appreciation for this thread. I’m looking at starting a small (points) Knight Detachment to run with my Marines (for funsies) and this has been a great read.

I do have a question. How has the FAQ effected your thinking on choosing a House and CP generation?

Want to add my two cents of appreciation for this thread. I’m looking at starting a small (points) Knight Detachment to run with my Marines (for funsies) and this has been a great read.

I do have a question. How has the FAQ effected your thinking on choosing a House and CP generation?

To be blunt... not at all.

I generally play defensively, so tanky traits like Taranis and the Vulkar warlord trait nabbed me quickly. Taranis generally just seems better once I hit the household stage and in the full army plus there is the minor fact that fluff wise my knight are salvaged from House Taranis and I like me fluffy lists.

Plus I've had decent use of the Ion Bulwark/Saint Ion combination in a front runner, add in Tanaris and that is a warlord with 2+/4++/6FNP T8/24W, that is tanky.

Plus local meta-wise there are very few weapons that wound me on 2+/3+ I'm more likely to hit withering fire of 5s and 6s.

As for CP generation I wasn't big on it since the start of 8th I've been playing mostly +1 Cp detachments. The Uping on the CP just makes me shift how many detachments I have and where I place my planned knights in them. It was a nice buff, but not one that caused a major shift in my thinking at least.

I tend to design based on models first, so I don't take traits, relics, or strategums into account at the start. Afterwards I then look and apply the correct "freebie buffs" based on what I have and what I'm facing, with a few generic auto-gotos.

Good call on basing your game on what you think looks good. Rules change and models remain.

My main Space wolf army has survived 99% unchanged since 3rd edition. Old pro at this.

So got to naming the knights finally. To start the names are in german for the knights while the armigars are placed into units.

Since the end goal (of the entire knight project, not just the Tales one) will be four full squads. The warglaives will be in Unit Alpha, the Helverins in Unit Beta for now until FW releases thier new armigar types. Unit Gamma is slated to be another squad of Helverins with Delta being an alternating squad. Basically my magnetized armigars so I can swap to whatever I feel is needed more.

So with that, below is the Castellen Zorn Des Lowen with Unit Alpha 01

Knight patrol

Later I'll add my true leader in the Warden Königin der Löwen and the Gallant Jager Krallen supported by the Helverins of Unit Beta 02 and 03 to make up my primary lance.

So got my first of the 750 games in over the holiday.

Knights

SHA
Knight Castellan - Vorn Des Lowen - Siegecannon x2, sheildbreaker missile battery, 'Cawl's Wrath', volcano lance, twin meltagun x2, Warlord Trait - Ion Bulwark
SHA
Armigar Warglaive - Unit Alpha 01 - Thermal spear, Reaper Chain Cleaver, heavy stubber

vs

Durkari
Patrol
Homoculus - Hex rifle, nightmare doll, ichor injector, electocorrisive whip, Master Regenerist
5 Wracks - electocorrisive whip, liquifier gun, Ossefactor
10 Wracks - electocorrisive whip, liquifier gun x2, Ossefactor
3 Grotesques
Talos - Macro-scalpel, twin liquifier gun, haywire blaster
Cronos - spirit probe, spirit vortex
Raider - Dark Lance, chains, trophies, shock prow, phantasm grenade launcher
Venom - Splinter cannon x2

Open War
Deployment - Table Halves
Mission - Kingslayer
Twist - Regenative
Ruse - <unknown>

We had a nice terrain filled board. He set up most of his force in a block just off center with the Raider (grotesques inside) in his back field, hoping to hide. I had the Castellan blocked mostly by a tall ruin for cover and the warglaive just off to the side by another ruin.

KvD7501

I got first turn and he didn't seize. Both mechs shifting out of cover and I start calling targets. The valcano lance makes short work of the Raider, almost doing twice the wounds needed as three well placed hits strike it down, none of the passengers are lost, but well in the back field. The rest of the fire wasn't so good, killing a wrack, wounding the Cronos and venom. The Wargalive drops another Wrack with his stubber but the inval save protects the Talos from his thermal spear.

KvD7502

KvD7503

The grotesques hoof it to the front as does most of his force to get in range of my units, the venom regenerating. His return fire was just as effective as one would think with poison weapons. He focused a large amount of fire on the warglaive and shaved four wounds off. The venom is close enough that he assaults it into my warglaive, while it does nothing, the warglaive cleaves it out of the air. It explodes and ejects it's cargo of Wracks, one dying on the way out.

KvD7504

The warglaive regens most of the wounds it lost. It stays close to the wracks from the venom while Vorn moves in close enough to get all her weapons in range. The result was less then stellar, the volcano lance only getting a single shot and the grotesque suriving (barely), a few more wracks drop to plasma, while the cronos shrugs off the cannon fire. The Talos is gravely wounded by the a shieldbreaker missile. The warglaive manages to finish off the talos before assaulting the wracks next to him. He only kills one and takes a few wounds in return.

KvD7505

The Durkari shift thier focus to the Castellan. The grotesques regen and managing to catch up to the main body as they all move to engage in melee. The pre assault shooting manages to take a few wounds off, the wracks leading the charge. Defensive fire only drops two of them but the rest of the force is slow to catch up, only the cronos supporting the wracks.

For possibly the first time in our league, the durkari whiff a CC phase, only one hit getting through. His defense works wonders as only a wrack dies in the stumpy return. The Warglaive cuts down two more wracks after tanking thier attacks.

Vorn heals a little and pulls back to blast the xenos scum at her feet. Another round of lack luster firing sees the destruction of one grotesque and another wrack plus gravely wounding the Cronos. Furious she charges and stamps most of the wracks into paste, in return the Acothyst whips her for two wounds. The warglaive holds out against the lone Acothyst but fails to kill it.

KvD7506

KvD7507

The cronos regens and the remaining Durkari force move in on Vorn. Thier assault deals little damage and this time Vorn kills not only the cronos but two of the grotesques. The warglaive cleaves the acothyst in two, freeing himself to support his master.

Vorn uses the regen and walks over the remaining xenos to get close to the Homoculus, the warglaive moving just behind Vorn. The homoculus survives a blast from the volcano lance, the grotesques doing the same from the plasma and meltaguns. The siegecannons shred the last of the wracks. The pair assault into the last two xenos. Pinned between the towering castellan and the nimble warglaive the Homoculus fails to dodge the warglaive's attacks and is cut down, the grotesque is crushed under foot.

KvD7508

KvD7509

Post game

So kingslayer and regeneration are not a good combo when your warlord is a towering T8 with 28W, well for my opponent. I have to learn be a little more defensive with the castellan, especially against the Slaneesh and Tau player. I lucked out in that the rolls weren't with either of us offensively. I did learn that the Durkari was planning to pin me to the back of the board, but didn't expect me to field the castellan just a little forward. Honestly I figured that was the plan, just worked out in the end. The lose of the dark lance and the fact I had the castellan on the other flak from the Talos' haywire gun was a boon, plus it's quick demise shortly in the following turn.

Hopefully I can get my game in with the Tau and Aeldari player this weekend or sooner. The IF player stated his forfeiting against me until the 1500 pts level at least.

Also in an effort to get her out of her room, the group is trying to get my sister to join. She has a nice little Necron force me and her BF got her last year that has stalled out.

Am I bad at maths? Doesn’t a Castellan and a Warglaive come in at around 768?

How did you squeeze this in?

Nope, your math is correct. Per the EO (ie the Durkari player) he told me to take the armigar instead of be 150 pts under. Minor leaways like this are allowed for our group. I'm going to be about 50 pts under in the 1K as I'm just adding a Helverin so that makes my list 942 pts.

Archived