Angels Gather! ETL VI is upon us!

Captain Semper

gallery_27176_11277_24266.jpg

BROTHERS PREPARE,

ETL VI WILL SOON BE UPON US!

For those who don’t know what the ETL is, it’s an annual painting event where participants are invited to vow to paint 40k-legal units of their preferred army in a period of three months, recording their points’ values. Participants may make up to 5 such vows with a limit of 3,000 pts per vow – but no limit to the amount of units pledged. Apart from the individual challenge of completing the pledged units, each forum is competing as a team against every other forum of the B&C by adding up the points of each individual participant’s entries to work out the total score for the entire forum. The forum with the highest score wins.

But be aware: if you fail to complete your second or any subsequent vow then all previous vows are nullified and will not count towards the total of the forum! And there is another catch: the total points of each forum are modified by the completion rate i.e. the total completed points over the total points pledged. So failing to complete subsequent vows (thus nullifying all your previously completed ones) has an augmented negative effect on the completion rate and hence on the forum score. So be extra confident when you up the stakes.

This is of course a very brief description of the event. For more details you may take a look at the previous ETL here (ETL V), but also expect some additional changes for this year’s event! The expected time to launch is in early or mid May.

Feel free to ask any questions!

------------------------------------------------------------------

The ETL has a special resonance with the Dark Angels as it originated as a challenge of the Dark Angels Forum against all the forums of the B&C in the wake of the popular, but now extinct, Librarius Painting Challenge (LPC) which was the previous inter–forum B&C event. The Dark Angels not only won the last two LPCs but also managed to win ETL II – a much greater event in scale and scope.

Participants vowing for the Dark Angels will be able to draw units from our Codex and Forge World units compatible with the Dark Angels so let’s take this opportunity to organize ourselves, measure our strength and see what everyone plans to pledge. We have a great range of miniatures, an updated 8th Edition Codex and the single-mindedness of the Sons of the Lion! Remember, the miniatures may be assembled and undercoated – but not otherwise worked on at the time of vowing them!

So who’s going to take up the challenge? And what do you guys plan to paint in the service of the Lion?

THE INNER CIRCLE EXPECTS THAT EVERY MAN WILL DO HIS DUTY!

Everything that's a legal DA unit is allowed. If it has an 8th Edition data sheet and is Dark Angels compatible, it's in!

The trick here is to get high levels of participation - the size of the individual vows is of secondary importance.

I've 6 aggressors sat built bluetacked to bases a primaris ancient and some other bits and pieces to finish

Also got some conversion work (additional Talon master) but can only claim points for the guns as I've magneted and repurposed from an old dual HB speeder.

Sigh used to love those 55 points for 2 HB's anyways can't complain quick weapon swap to twin ac and Hb makes Talon masters a steal.

I can say with certainty I’m in. I’ve been meaning to start a thread detailing work on my Dark Angels army but haven’t gotten around to it so this is perfect to get me in gear. I got tons of Hellblasters, Combi-Veterans, and a squad of Black Knights that need to be brought up to speed. And with my thesis defense/oral exams over this Friday, I can finally get away from doing the pesky schoolwork that seems to have put my hobby life on hold the past 8 or so weeks and do something that really matters. :)

All right brothers, this call to arms shall not go unanswered.

Surely, I won't pledge a high amount of points, but I have 3 waves of doable pledges almost prepared.

This morning I finished the last 2 weapons for my Hellblasters.

gSd85xt.jpg

Of course, I will post another picture with the pledges properly displayed. 

Let is illuminate the dark vastness of the galaxy with the burning flame of our righteous fury.

Archived