Angels Gather! ETL VI is upon us!

Captain Semper

Master Semper, revered brother Cyphriel reporting for duty from his sarcophacus!

In stark contrast to a lot of you, I have a LOT in my backlog, almost so much that I would be smart to start giving it away. More than 9000 points unpainted.

Would be good for me to get a pledge or two done.

Do I pledge a lot for pledge 1 or go for a lower amount and split it over 2/3 as I complete it.. hmmm

How you split your workload is entirely a personal affair. BUT, I cannot stress enough the importance of completing your first vow. Expirience has shown that completion rates in subsequent vows are very high - the ETL is won or lost on the first vow completion rate. So my suggestion would be to a make manageable first vow and make sure you complete it. After that you can evaluate whether you have the stamina to continue. This tactic also minimizes the risk of obstacles that real life may throw your way. A smaller first vow will mean it’ll be easier to complete even if unforeseen situations befall you. In such a situation you’d have at least contributed something to the Forum and then you can take a long break or stop altogether with no consequences.

Of course if you feel confident you may start big - whatever works for you...

Awesome. Do you post pictures of before and after?

Yes you must post your “before” picture upon making the vow and the “after” picture upon completion. You are of course welcome to post as many WIP pics as you like in between. :)

Fantastic to see the grizzled veterans return! You should expect the event to kick-off at some point in the first couple of weeks of May. Could be early, could be mid... as soon as I have it fixed, I’ll let everyone know. :)

Maybe my brain is getting fuzzier with age, but it already feels like the DA forum is building better momentum and gaining more new people than 2 years ago!

Absolutely!

And there is another thing: we need to beat the Blood Angels! They used to be the champions back during the LPC days and we thoroughly beaten them to become champions for two consecutive years before the LPC perished. Then on to the ETL we came second the first year and champions in the second but from then on we started to slip... By ETL V we scored below the Blood Angels in absolute terms and, with a lower completion rate, we also scored lower on a modified basis... This cannot stand!

Let’s take some oaths of moment to bring the First back to the top where they belong and certainly above the space vampires!

Absolutely!

And there is another thing: we need to beat the Blood Angels! They used to be the champions back during the LPC days and we thoroughly beaten them to become champions for two consecutive years before the LPC perished. Then on to the ETL we came second the first year and champions in the second but from ten on we started to slip... By ETL V we scored below the Blood Angels in absolute terms and, with a lower completion rate, we also scored lower on a modified basis... This cannot stand!

Let’s take some paths of moment to bring the First back to the top where they belong and certainly above this space vampires!

We’re the first legion mate! We can beat anybody!

Pledges need to start in a state of primed at most.

As far as I recall we're to supply documentation before we start work on a pledge and after it's completed.

Sneakybamsen is correct. The starting point must be level for everyone...

Excellent! So this may be a super technical question, but I figured that it would be better to ask before than after. I own the Caliban Green, Chaos Black, and Army Painter Bone White spray paint cans that I used to prime each of the respective -Wings for my Dark Angels. Would there be a problem with having them based in their base armor color for this challenge? I usually end up going back over the armor with a thin layer or two of their corresponding paints because there is just an ever so slight difference between the spray paint and the paint in the pot imo. This has traditionally sped up the process for me, but I want to doubly make sure because like ya'll I want the Dark Angels to once again stand on top!

This sounds awesome. I definitely sign up my sableclaw which is currently still on sprue and some scouts with scion heads I didn't even got to prime so far.

I also have some primaris I rescued from a backyard sale which are in bad shape after stripping and lots of green sprayed marines that could be in need of a vow and probably won't see any painting this year otherwise. 

Good thing there is still some time to decide on the vows :whistling:

Sure thing Naaman, Let me know if you have an questions.

The important thing guys is to have as high participation as possible. The first month of the event is the recruitment period. We really need as many brothers to join as possible - the size of the vows is secondary. In fact smaller size first vows are easier to achieve and I cannot stress enough the importance of high completion rate in the first vow.

So the more who join our cause the better. Do not get intimidated thinking that you must vow big - far from it, even single miniature vows are VERY welcome!

I’m genuinely excited to have the ETL back after a year away.

So much great work gets put out.

I’m hoping to see lots of good ideas for Dark Angelising the Primaris Marines so you all need to get thinking.

I’m genuinely excited to have the ETL back after a year away.

So much great work gets put out.

I’m hoping to see lots of good ideas for Dark Angelising the Primaris Marines so you all need to get thinking.

Other than the sculpted Dark Angels shoulder pads in the Primaris Boxes, I used FW Legion heads

UBO9ZoV.jpg

My eternal admiration to the first person to paint a big red bullseye on a Primaris Aquila :D

Archived