Angels Gather! ETL VI is upon us!

Captain Semper

Great to see people gathering under the banner of the First! We really need to get as many participants as possible! Size of vow(s) is a secondary consideration, the important thing is to get a many people as possible to complete their first vow! 

THE FIRST 

THE HONOURED

THE SONS OF THE LION

Sooooo... can orange and black pointy eared folk be pledged as the Dark Angels they might secretly work toward the same goals of? :devil:

I’ve been waiting about 2 years to see you finish the stone burner captain in terminator armour and now I find you’ve been cheating with Xenos filth.

Why is there never a Chaplain when you need one.

I complained to my spouse that I don't have enough DA stuff to paint for the ETL. So he flipped though the codex and pointed at a picture of a flyer - Stormraven Gunship - "Do you like to paint that?" :cool.:

I'll be speed painting some GotC Primaris (Starter set + Librarian, Chaplain, Redemptor, and extra Intercessors), plus I'll be counting my Art scale Heresy marines as more Intercessors and Helblasters.

Base cost, w/out wargear is 1,300pts.

Cheers,

Jono

EDIT: Quick Question, the Codex says;

"Simply add together the points values of all of your models, as well as the wargear they are equipped with to determine your army's total points value".

I read this as meaning the models "standard" equipment IS NOT included in it's points cost, and MUST be added (Named Characters excl).

For example, although listed at 140pts, in actuality, a Redemptor Dreadnought with its standard armament is actually 201pts, correct?

Why is there never a Chaplain when you need one.

What are you talking about? Chappy Stobz is right here! He's just slacking in his duties, as usual.

Question, are Centurions available for DA or are they still SM-exclusive?

You’re quite right that poor Stoneburner captain has been running around with only one arm for nearly four years beautiful but incomplete. Now we here talk of fraternising with pointy ears and the good Chaplain stand idle.

I’m off to wake the boss.

I'll be speed painting some GotC Primaris (Starter set + Librarian, Chaplain, Redemptor, and extra Intercessors), plus I'll be counting my Art scale Heresy marines as more Intercessors and Helblasters.

Base cost, w/out wargear is 1,300pts.

Cheers,

Jono

EDIT: Quick Question, the Codex says;

"Simply add together the points values of all of your models, as well as the wargear they are equipped with to determine your army's total points value".

I read this as meaning the models "standard" equipment IS NOT included in it's points cost, and MUST be added (Named Characters excl).

For example, although listed at 140pts, in actuality, a Redemptor Dreadnought with its standard armament is actually 201pts, correct?

In the Codex, in the point values page (p. 142 in the printed version) it clearly states that “points per model” does not include war gear. In fact the “standard” equipment is priced 0 points. So I think you’re reading it right...

You’re quite right that poor Stoneburner captain has been running around with only one arm for nearly four years beautiful but incomplete. Now we here talk of fraternising with pointy ears and the good Chaplain stand idle.

:lol:

I couldn't paint him for the ETL anyway...

:lol:

I couldn't paint him for the ETL anyway...

Whatever you are painting I look forward to seeing it.

Maybe we should organize a building event until the start of the ETL, so we can start the event by just painting stuff, instead of starting from scratch. Assembling models sometimes takes as long as painting depending on the model.

I’m in total agreement. We are the 1st. The Lion was the ultimate strategist, and we should never lose sight of this!

I’m currently building the 2nd half of a tactical squad, the last few bits on a devastator squad, building a darkshroud, and currently an old speeder is taking a dettol bath. Anything to keep me on schedule will help!

Archived