Angels Gather! ETL VI is upon us!

Captain Semper

Maybe we should organize a building event until the start of the ETL, so we can start the event by just painting stuff, instead of starting from scratch. Assembling models sometimes takes as long as painting depending on the model. 

I like the idea. Maybe a thread to post some progress will do.

I have not started yet. Try to finish some other models before ETL starts.

Maybe we should organize a building event until the start of the ETL, so we can start the event by just painting stuff, instead of starting from scratch. Assembling models sometimes takes as long as painting depending on the model. 

Perhaps an unofficial event, a shared thread for assembly? 

I like the idea. Maybe a thread to post some progress will do.

I have not started yet. Try to finish some other models before ETL starts.

That's the problem, I'm doing the same. I'm working on plenty of other stuff since I'm waiting for the ETL. Not a good thing, since most of my planned ETL stuff is still in shrinkwrap.

Perhaps an unofficial event, a shared thread for assembly? 

I had a similar idea, I just wasn't sure if it justified an extra topic since we have this one already. With your permission, I'll set one up.

Two questions before I decide as I don't recall the rules fully / you advised there will be changes:

1. The "starting" state of the vow is related to painted state only, correct? I have some models that are assembled/being assembled and their painting time will match the timing of ETL nicely. Just want to know if I can have them assembled for the ETL vow.

2. Despite being a bit "against the spirit" of the competition - is it allowed for a forum member to pledge 2 paralell vows in different sections? I am now starting my 2nd army and would love to use this opportunity to take part of the community over at Chaos marines forum :smile.: If this is not "legally" possible (as I understand the shenanigans this could cause), I will need to think long and hard where to pledge.

Two questions before I decide as I don't recall the rules fully / you advised there will be changes:

1. The "starting" state of the vow is related to painted state only, correct? I have some models that are assembled/being assembled and their painting time will match the timing of ETL nicely. Just want to know if I can have them assembled for the ETL vow.

2. Despite being a bit "against the spirit" of the competition - is it allowed for a forum member to pledge 2 paralell vows in different sections? I am now starting my 2nd army and would love to use this opportunity to take part of the community over at Chaos marines forum :smile.: If this is not "legally" possible (as I understand the shenanigans this could cause), I will need to think long and hard where to pledge.

1. State of assembly is not relevant, only the state of the paintjob. Primed is the limit.

2. Only 1 vow at a time is allowed, the second vow is only allowed when you complete the first one. I believe following vows for different factions are Out of Competition? I could be wrong.

Correct on both counts.

The vows must be sequential and you can only support one forum. Unless you were referring to two Dark Angels Armies... :wink:

Unfortunately no. Expected as much and makes sense, was just doublechecking.

So now time to ponder where my true allegiance lies.

279a1130fa7f98e8e83e96b4aedc2381.jpg

Thanks for the response!

Yeap, that’s a job for the Chaplains - not the Master of the 10th... :tongue.:

Anyways, what is the other army you’re considering?

I am building Alpha Legion, backbone is going to be 30K for HH gaming, but I have some cool conversions for some units to be used in 40K as well in a fluffy list - pureblood Harrow. And with Alpharius and doors and Laernans coming out, I feel it's time I get that going as well :)

Yeap, that’s a job for the Chaplains - not the Master of the 10th... :tongue.:

Anyways, what is the other army you’re considering?

I am building Alpha Legion, backbone is going to be 30K for HH gaming, but I have some cool conversions for some units to be used in 40K as well in a fluffy list - pureblood Harrow. And with Alpharius and doors and Laernans coming out, I feel it's time I get that going as well :)

Come to the past, when the Legions still existed and weren't broken up into puny chapters. :P Also the new Alpha Legion units look just too good.

I also have some primaris I rescued from a backyard sale which are in bad shape after stripping 

Damn, they're brand new! They require saving already?

You would be surprised what harm people can do in not even 1 year :blush.:

They all had a really thick paintjob and seemed to were just drowned in nuln oil afterwards. There apparently was an attempt to strip 5 hellblasters using some poor stuff. The plastic softened a bit and some details aren't as sharp as they should be anymore. But they are usable, I have to replace the head and shoulder pads on 1 of them though.

The plasma inceptors are missing the plasma cables and have holes drilled in their backpacks to stick the bases in :wacko.:

But I thought for 20€ for 10 hellblasters and 3 plasma inceptors it would be a good start into some primaris forces, since I'm only really interested in plasma anyways.

OK, the ETL will run from May 1st to August 1st.

Now here's the deal:

We will be in the same Faction as the SMs, the BAs and the SWs. We need all of them to do well in order for Adeptus Astartes (our Faction) to become ETL VI Magister, so, in that sense, they are our allies. But we also want to be Primus Inter Pares (i.e. the best in our Faction), so the rest of the Astartes Forums are ALSO our rivals - we need (must!) to do better than them. And, obviously, we want to do better vs. any other individual Forum so we can become Exercitus Dominus.

There is no looking back now, it's all out war! To the brushes!

med_gallery_27176_11277_219746.jpg

FOR THE LION!

That's my intention! :) Data gathering is a bit more tedious but now, there are three different collective awards for each forum to fight for. Plus the gaps between forums are trimmed further. The big unknown is how will the Xenos perform. 

Archived