Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Aeldari ETL

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,778 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

So what's everyone planning on doing for the ETL with your pointy-eared space aelves? If I can get my airbrush compressor working again soon, I have both super heavy grav tanks and a Revenant with sonic lances I would love to get done, because I really don't want to paint models that large with a brush. I also want to see about sculpting my own Phoenix Lords, maybe all of them eventually but starting with Jain Zarr and Karandras and I don't mean conversions: I want to completely sculpt my own figures from polymer clay.

• Apologist and Kierdale like this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Shard of Magnus

Shard of Magnus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 130 posts
  • Faction: Drukhari, Imperial Fists
The Phoenix lords will be great to see when you do them.

I’d like to knock out a couple of drukhari infantry units and HQs. Debating how much I want to try to convert vs painting stock. These are also minis I want to finish to a higher standard than tabletop which will slow me down. If time permits there are craftworld HQs in my backlog that would fun, assuming mixing ends up being allowed.
  • scflasheart likes this

ETL_2016_Banner_02_Oath_Breaker_zpsr8srx gallery_29004_6198_9307_zpsimj6fxqq.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_5889_zpsu42ntp2usml_gallery_29004_6198_6560_zpsyuenlr5d.

Nova_chron

Nova_chron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 758 posts
  • Faction: XII Legion
Well I have the small start to a DE army but need a day to prime it's been far to windy where I live this week
we_badge_nova_chron.pnggallery_62972_10568_30745.jpg
"Man must truly be insane for he creates gods by the thousands yet cannot create the lowliest of worms" -plato

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,778 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

The Phoenix lords will be great to see when you do them.

I’d like to knock out a couple of drukhari infantry units and HQs. Debating how much I want to try to convert vs painting stock. These are also minis I want to finish to a higher standard than tabletop which will slow me down. If time permits there are craftworld HQs in my backlog that would fun, assuming mixing ends up being allowed.

Getting one of the Phoenix Lords into the ETL might be a little ambitious since it's a lot more complicated than I first thought. After making the armature, you have to coat it in a thin layer of greenstuff for the polymer clay to stick to (it won't stick to the metal) and it looks like you have to sculpt the entire figure without baking it, like you might work in stages with greenstuff.

Get any building and converting done now if you're going to, because the ETL is all about painting and finishing. The figures can be assembled and primed at the start.

Nova, you have plenty of time to prime some figures. The ETL start is still a ways off.

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,527 posts
  • Faction: Stoneburners
Think it might be time to get some of my pointy eared folk going in some speedy orange and black duds! Do we have an expected time frame?
  • Brother Chaplain Kage and elmo like this
My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners
Posted Here: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the War and Wolves): PCA WiP Forum
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Captain Semper

Captain Semper

++ PROVOCATOR NAVUS ++

• ++ CUSTODE ++
  • 11,566 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Think it might be time to get some of my pointy eared folk going in some speedy orange and black duds! Do we have an expected time frame?

Ha, I thought I'd found you here! tongue.png

The expected timeframe will be the usual: either May 1st or May 15th - I will make the official announcement maybe this weekend... But there are some moving parts still, so if I don't don't be too disappointed. 

Good to see the Aeldari mobilising - this is the first ETL that will include Xenos so I really want them to do well!

• Brother Chaplain Kage and Bryan Blaire like this

Scribe

Scribe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,509 posts
  • Faction: Imperial Soup!
I'll be doing a shade of Eldar. I have some of ever sub faction, but I picked up the art book and it's drawing me back to the DE, in a big way.
  • Captain Semper likes this

"We will never be free..."

Boytoy

Boytoy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves/Dark Eldar

I'm planning on vowing some kabbalites and wyches. Also looking to paint up some of the new idoneth as mandrakes and see how that goes over

gallery_48988_10069_2782.png

Nova_chron

Nova_chron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 758 posts
  • Faction: XII Legion
I caught a nice afternoon yesterday and have 2 5man warrior squads and a venom primed up and ready. Now I'm just playing the waiting game to finish some scourges and for my older start collecting box to arrive to get more built up. 😁
we_badge_nova_chron.pnggallery_62972_10568_30745.jpg
"Man must truly be insane for he creates gods by the thousands yet cannot create the lowliest of worms" -plato

Marcus Arias

Marcus Arias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

I will probably try to complete my vow for the Xenos painting event that I didn't complete. Plus I bought a new SC box recently so I'm set for models.. just need to paint them!

Inquisitor Dracos

Inquisitor Dracos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 578 posts
Monkeigh mistake ;)

Edited by Inquisitor Dracos, Today, 02:52 PM.

“Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering ...
... dreaming dreams no mortals ever dared to dream before”
- Primaris Librarian Poe

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users