Salvo Launchers

Hello!

With the Custodes lack of anti-armour, how many people use these on their Dawn Eagle bikes? I'm in the planning process of my Custodes army, and while I plan on taking a Militarum battalion I was still looking for some tank busting in a pure Custodes list. 

Hurricane bolters are just too good at clearing chaff before a charge to drop for what is fairly mediocre anti-tank imo. The only reason you'd take them is to scatter one or two around the force if you have zero other anti-tank.

Personally I'm looking to allies for high strangth multi-damage shooting.

Hurricane bolters are just too good at clearing chaff before a charge to drop for what is fairly mediocre anti-tank imo. The only reason you'd take them is to scatter one or two around the force if you have zero other anti-tank.

What would be a decent ally for them to look at for anti-tank. 

What would be a decent ally for them to look at for anti-tank. 

I'd check the allies discussion topic here!

But yes, Salvo launchers are comparatively awful. They only hit on a 3+, don't deal enough damage and the Hurricane bolters are so good.

Don't use em, hurricane bolters still hurt most T7 units (in addition to infantry), albeit not as well generally. Personally for more anti tank fire I am bringing AM, currently Basilisks.

Overall I just find Salvo Launchers to be a waste of points.

I certainly tried them after some forum member tried convincing me.... and while mathematicians are trying to sell me on them, I just really rate them super low. Just not enough punch for me, and hordes are a much larger issue in 40k right now, plus the bikers in CC can do some good damage.

Even if I had a meta full of vehicles I’d echo other responses and use an ally for that role.

The Salvo looks cool, it is great on paper.... I’ve used it, and I still think it needs a tweak.

Archived