Change to purifiers and banner in FAQ

Sweetcurse

Just....wow....

Literally pushing us further into our mono build...

Funny thing is, when you add up all the saved points for your paladin squads, its equating about the same as the increase to GMNDK... Thus changing nothing ultimately.

Well at most I have 5 Pallies in my current list but 2 GMNDKs, so as far we know my army just got 25 points more costly for probably the same performance. Lol

At least Paladins -3 (why?)

That's because they dropped GK Terminators to 35 points/model...

possibly....

jokes.

Dang, are people always that mean on Dakka? Like, I thought people here could get a little testy, but a couple of those guys make me want to disassociate myself from warhammer guys.

That said, I don't know how I feel about the content itself. One GMNDK is amazing, but they suffer from being spammed, so if your only taking one it's not a huge deal to pay another fifty but if you wanna take two, it's now not worth it. And Purifiers need to get better or they are definitely not worth 28 pts. The 6" smite that deals 2 isn't bad, but it's not worth a 2 pt I. Paladins being cheaper is good, but Paladins are Gak in the current meta, and would have to be thirty points to be worth it. I mean, everyone and their uncle is either packing as many lascannons as possible or as genestealers as possible, and either of those will drown those paladins without too much trouble.

If they give interceptors fly and purifiers two attacks, three with falchions, I'd be happy.

Honestly, though, I'd refrain from getting too upset (or even excited) until we see the whole picture. We might be getting some changes elsewhere which could help us out.

Dang, are people always that mean on Dakka? Like, I thought people here could get a little testy, but a couple of those guys make me want to disassociate myself from warhammer guys.

That said, I don't know how I feel about the content itself. One GMNDK is amazing, but they suffer from being spammed, so if your only taking one it's not a huge deal to pay another fifty but if you wanna take two, it's now not worth it. And Purifiers need to get better or they are definitely not worth 28 pts. The 6" smite that deals 2 isn't bad, but it's not worth a 2 pt I. Paladins being cheaper is good, but Paladins are Gak in the current meta, and would have to be thirty points to be worth it. I mean, everyone and their uncle is either packing as many lascannons as possible or as genestealers as possible, and either of those will drown those paladins without too much trouble.

If they give interceptors fly and purifiers two attacks, three with falchions, I'd be happy.

Honestly, though, I'd refrain from getting too upset (or even excited) until we see the whole picture. We might be getting some changes elsewhere which could help us out.

They are spammed because a multitude of reasons across the entire army.

1. All HQ's are overpriced.

2. Most HQ's don't actually do anything special.

3. Most HQ's combat effectiveness can be replicated cheaper elsewhere - why pick a bro-cap, when I can spend about the same amount of points to get 3 paladins that are more survivable and more killy.

4. NDK's are crap, the GMNDK is a decent balanced version.

The end result is the GMNDK being the only decent HQ choice 90% of the time.

How they should fix it:

1. Sweeping point rebalance.

2. Give each HQ a purpose, such as Auras/different psychic powers (cheaper access to reroll wounds and hit rolls, increased armour saves of near by models etc).

3. Fixed by making both of the above two changes.

4. Buff NDK's to somewhat near GMNDK level.

5. One GMNDK per detachment limit (fluffy and good for internal balance of the army).

From lurking here and Dakka for a long while, I found that B&C was more civilised in general so decided to join these forums instead of them. 

Eh, honestly 2 GMNDK isn't spamming. GK armies don't really need to be punished for it. They heavy-handedly stopped Commander Spam inelegantly by 1 per detachment for the Tau (instead of desperately improving Crisus suits), but they minimised the negative to just Commander units (unfair to Farsight and Shadowsun though). They could have INCREASED the points of Commanders INSTEAD, which weakens the entire army sucking up points that would have been used elsewhere. THIS is what it seems to have been done to us GKs here imo.

To clarify, I'm not going up the wall here, and I wont repeat this after this post, but IF leaks are true...by only having 2 GMNDKs in my list...I dont think my army as a whole should have gotten 40 points weaker. We are one of the most expensive armies already right? By having just 2 GMNDKs they took 3 of our DaemonHammers away (39 points).

Though, hey maybe point drops elsewhere (besides supposedly -3 to pallies) will even things out for the better, no need to Nos boost your furious.

The Purifier changes + points increase is headscratching. Hopefully there's more to it.

The Paladin points decrease is neat but far from being enough. Everything TDA is overpriced and not just by 3ppm.

No opinion about the NDK cost increase since I've always only seen the GM version on the board ever since 8th ... which is probably saying enough on its own I guess.

No opinion about the NDK cost increase since I've always only seen the GM version on the board ever since 8th ... which is probably saying enough on its own I guess.

Well think about it, would you have preferred your Tau Commanders to get a points increase to stop people for taking more than 2 at once?

Well think about it, would you have preferred your Tau Commanders to get a points increase to stop people for taking more than 2 at once?

I don't really think a simple points increase would've done it for the Commander since the problem is the amount of guns he can shoot at BS2+ which are costed for the rest of the army which can only shoot at BS4+ to be honest. So apart from costing all the weapons (7 or so) seperately just for the Commander and decreasing the basecost for Crisis I can see why GW did it the way they did.

Not sure what that has to do with the NDK tho unless the leak is about the GMNDK which we can only guess.

Purifiers can take 2 special weapons per 5 guys.

Maybe they made psilencer/Psycanon useable? That would make purifiers/purgation worth another look. Looks like it was raised by a lot of guys here in the feedback emails.

Hard to judge untill we know if the "leak" is right and what the rest of the picture is.

Purifiers can take 2 special weapons per 5 guys.

Maybe they made psilencer/Psycanon useable? That would make purifiers/purgation worth another look. Looks like it was raised by a lot of guys here in the feedback emails.

Hard to judge untill we know if the "leak" is right and what the rest of the picture is.

Hopefully. But it's a weird choice made more expansive the bearer instead the weapon. I don't think that this is the reason. 

I don't really think a simple points increase would've done it for the Commander since the problem is the amount of guns he can shoot at BS2+ which are costed for the rest of the army which can only shoot at BS4+ to be honest. So apart from costing all the weapons (7 or so) seperately just for the Commander and decreasing the basecost for Crisis I can see why GW did it the way they did.Not sure what that has to do with the NDK tho unless the leak is about the GMNDK which we can only guess.

Based on the leak in how it was cropped the points increase probably points to the GMNDK not the NDK. As the "Grandmaster in a Nemesis Dreadknight" fits on two lines of the formatted text with the "Grandmaster in a.." just cropped out of the leak photo.

I don't really think a simple points increase would've done it for the Commander since the problem is the amount of guns he can shoot at BS2+ which are costed for the rest of the army which can only shoot at BS4+ to be honest. So apart from costing all the weapons (7 or so) seperately just for the Commander and decreasing the basecost for Crisis I can see why GW did it the way they did.Not sure what that has to do with the NDK tho unless the leak is about the GMNDK which we can only guess.

Based on the leak in how it was cropped the points increase probably points to the GMNDK not the NDK. As the "Grandmaster in a Nemesis Dreadknight" fits on two lines of the formatted text with the "Grandmaster in a.." just cropped out of the leak photo.

Not saying it's impossible but it's more of a guess than anything. It could also just be "Nemesis Dreadknight" and other words occupying the line above.

Not saying it's impossible but it's more of a guess than anything. It could also just be "Nemesis Dreadknight" and other words occupying the line above.

Is sure that the referred text is about GMDK and not DK. Why a DK should cost 210?

Is sure that the referred text is about GMDK and not DK. Why a DK should cost 210?

That's the point. Nothing is sure. We simply don't know yet.

That's the point. Nothing is sure. We simply don't know yet.

I agree, but there is an high probability that the above mentioned sentence is related to GMDK, while the probabilities that it is referred to DK are very small. We know nothing (cit.), but it is reasonable thinking that we are talking about a GMDK and not a DK.

Nevertheless, I do agree that we should go on with this conversation only when we have better and more completed information. Then we could go on with whining or stop it. :D

Giving the 130 point NDK an increase of 80 points to 210 would be absolute bonkers.

It's much more reasonable to think it's a 20 point increase to the 190 point GMNDK instead.

If the normal NDK became *more* expensive than the GM, while being a worse unit, then something has gone massively wrong at GW.

Giving the 130 point NDK an increase of 80 points to 210 would be absolute bonkers.

It's much more reasonable to think it's a 20 point increase to the 190 point GMNDK instead.

If the normal NDK became *more* expensive than the GM, while being a worse unit, then something has gone massively wrong at GW.

Well maybe they increase the cost of both. :D

I mean, I agree that assuming the NDK is more reasonable but fact is that it could be any of them and we have nothing that points in one or the other direction.

Archived