A small tournament coming up, need advice

Spiritual Liege

Hello,

I got a small 1000pt tournament coming up in May and I think I'll go with my Drukhari but man is it hard to build a list for them at this game size. Is it even worth to use raiding party? I'm thinking of just going with a battalion, but that'd mean I can't use my whole collection or I'll lose Kabal bonuses and such.

I own an Archon, ~20 Kabalites with some special weapons, 10 Wyches, a Succubus, 3 Reavers, 2 Raiders and a Venom. I could probably buy a kit or two but not too much since I paint so damn slow.

I could get a third HQ and run 3 patrols or a Kabal battalion and a Cult patrol.

How would you do it? I'm lost.

Quickest and cheapest solution is to grab yourself a cheap Archon (or kitbash from a Kabalite Warrior), and then run two Kabal Patrols and a Cult Patrol for the +4CP bonus from Raiding Force.

At 1k you're  right the raiding force isn't really optimal, since you don't really want to be throwing pts into three characters, but with your collection I think you have to run a raiding force, your army  is just too spread out evenly between kabal/cult. Not a bad thing, you can make it work as Halandaar  mentioned just kitbash a 2nd archon and you're set. If I was going to buy one more thing for your collection pre-tournament, I'd grab a third raider, that way all the warriors and  wyches will have a ride. Here's a quick list I threw together based on your collection:

Patrol

Archon

huskblade, blast pistol

10x kabalites

2x shredders, splinter cannon, pgl

ravager

3x disintegrator cannons

raider

dark lance

venom

patrol

archon

venom blade

10x warriors

2x blasters, splinter cannon

raider

dark lance

patrol

succubus

archite glaive, splinter pistol

10x wyches

agonizer, shardnet&impaler, hydra gauntlets, razorflails

3 reavers

raider

disintegrator cannon 

I threw in the ravager because after taking everything else you have you have just enough pts for the nice and cheap disintegrator ravager. You could easily shift pts around to take say a razorwing jetfighter or triple dark lance ravager by dropping say the splinter cannons on the warriors. If you don't want to pick up anymore models for that last roughly 130pts left in the list I suppose you could do that, but you don't have that many upgrades to use those pts for. Dark lances in the warrior units maybe, splinter racks on the warrior raiders, and blaster in the reavers, but that still leaves you with give or take 80pts depending on what you take. Adding a razorwing or ravager as well as that third raider would definetly make for a stronger force. If you have to choice between the two, I'd go for the razorwing, if you're only going to have one gunship vehicle better to take the one with -1 to hit. 

Traits are up to you, but I'd go flayed skull on the warriors, maybe black heart for one patrol  if you want labyrinth cunning (though with 7 cps at 1k  I don't think you need it), and cursed blade for the wyches. 

That seems like a good list and would only require me buying a Raider and a Ravager/Razorwing. I think I'll go with the Razorwing as I like the look of that much more.

So all HQs in the Venom? What warlord trait and relic would you recommend? Djinn blade + Famed Savagery sounds like a lot of fun on an Archon.

Its a sad day with the battalion CP change. I've decided to go with my Craftworlders instead because of the nerf to raiding party.

Why? Based on the kits you told us you own, three Patrols would have given you 4 CP with Raiding Force, but now you can structure those same units into a Batallion for 5 CP with the rest in a Patrol:

Kabal Batallion

• Archon
  • Archon
  • Kabalite Warriors (5)
  • Kabalite Warriors (5)
  • Venom
  • Kabalite Warriors (10)
  • Raider

Cult Patrol

• Succubus
  • Wyches (10)
  • Reavers (3)
  • Raider

The only meaningful difference is you have 2 units of 5 Warriors rather than a single unit of 10. If anything the change represents a boost to your force with no different models required.

You are quite right, I'm not actually sure what I had in mind when I wrote that. I did a quick list, what'd you think of this:

Kabal battalion: Flayed Skull

- Archon: Djinn blade, blast pistol, Famed Savagery

- Archon: Huskblade, blast pistol

- 10 Warriors: dark lance, 2x blasters

- 5 Warriors: blaster

- 5 Warriors: blaster

- Raider: dark lance

- Venom: 2x splinter cannons

Cult battalion: Strife

- Succubus

- 10 Wyches: 3x hydra gauntlet, agoniser, phantasm grenade laucher

- 3 Reavers: grav talon, agoniser

- 5 Scourges: 3x blaster, dark lance

- Raider: dark lance

All the characters in the Venom, Wyches in one Raider, Warriors in the other.

On the Wyches I would go with shar net impaler you don’t want something breaking contact and leaving the Wyches open too shooting.

Plus they can always assault something and tie up for few turns,

Scourges IMO blaster and HWB mix better, no penalty for moving. I see the merit in adding a dark lance but if there in range for just the lance than missing out on over half the firepower, so I would suggest all blaster or pair with weponds ofthe same range. This way all in range or no penalties for moving to range.

Archived