Russ's Armor Color Upon His Return

Jarl Caldersson

Hi Dark Jobber, welcome to the Fang. Grab a tankard of Mjord and a slab of meat on your board. No fancy spices but that's the best way to eat your red meat really. :P

Right now, there is absolutely no concrete proof or announcement of the coming of the Space Wolves, just a lot of good conjecture and prediction based on past trends. So whatever you hear about Wolves is strictly speculation.

That being said, trends are noticeable and somewhat predictable, with GW becoming more "friendly" and relatively faithful to their word, so the best and most agreed rumors of Space Wolves is that they WILL come in 2018. Whether Russ comes or not, well, that's what we're all hoping as Guilliman remains the only loyalist primarch on the scene, and fluff wise, I hear he maybe having a nervous breakdown. LOL, Kidding, but fact is he is only ONE primarch holding the Imperium together. I would really like Russ to return to help him because ironically, apparently Guilliman has always liked and respected Russ whereas others cannot see beyong Russ' image of a savage.

The "dual form" of Russ originated far earlier than the release of Morathi actually. Opinions of what Russ will return us is actually quite polirizing among wolves fans. Some want him to come back as a "normal" Primarch similar to Papa smurf, whereas others feel in order to fight the daemon primarchs, Russ will need a "monstrous creature" form aka Wulfen. 

With the introduction of Morathi, this has created a sort of hope for both camps, as it would satisfy those who want Russ to come back as Odin, as well as those who want Russ to come back as a giant furry. 

for me, I just don't want him to come back JUST as a furry, preferably he has the ability to change form like Morathi.

In fluff, there is already one Wolf Lord, Brand Redmaw who is famous for being able to control his wulfen curse to the extent he has a werewolf form, and can revert back to Space Marine after battles, so the whole transforming thing is somewhat logical in fluff.

Well. The primaris seem to be recruited during the Great Crusade so they could be fenrisian. But I think first SW before finding Russ were from Terra and selected from different regions because they were searching brutal men.
I think original primaris are not made like the normarines, directly made from modified geneseed and organs. For example, BA's primaris are "standar" primaris with no blood rites in their process. Maybe SW primaris are free from the Canix Hellix (not sure if that was the name) process and effects.

EDIT: Sorry, posting about fluff in English is a real challenge.

Regarding the Primaris, the stories are still not very good on merging them with the chapters. For the Dark Angels there is no problem, only suspicion, and in any case, they segregated the primaris marines from knowledge of the Fallen. For the Blood Angels, it is implied that VERY recently, the flaw may have started manifesting in some if all of the Primaris Blood Angels. This is actually a small footnote in their timeline where Corbulo apparently after serving with the Primaris in a campaign, went back to Baal to report some "disturbing news".

Meanwhile, there is a chapter of Primaris Space Wolves called Wolfspear, who have been operating independently but longs to have better ties with their parent legion. Apparently most of the Primaris were "recruited" during heresy and post heresy era, so they ARE fenrisians. Not much backstory about them apart from being deployed FAR away from Fenris. The off comments seem to imply that Logan did accept some Primaris reinforcements into the Space Wolves. Whether they are accepted is not mentioned, but I've always believed the Fenryka to be pragmatic warriors and regardless of origins, will still respect martial strength and honor when they see it, even amongs mortals.

"There was something about these new warriors that did not sit easily with Njal and the other senior warriors of the Chapter. The recruits were another step removed from those they protected and Grimnar had, in privacy, voiced his concerns that it might again fall to the Space Wolves to police the ambitions of their Brother-Chapters" -Ashes of Prospero

Here is the best info about how the SW feel about the Primaris. Probably more suspicious and wary of the Primaris than the DA.

Remember to take everything in Ashes of Prospero with a CONTINENT of salt though. Gav Thorpe seriously needs someone to really check him when writing on other chapter fluff. Bad enough he keeps mucking up the Dark Angels and Raven Guard, now he has touched Space Wolves on a lore we all hold dear: that of the Burning of Prospero and the Curse of the Wulfen. Both have already been somewhat mucked up in recent books, and now Gav Thorpe has to put his grimy mits on them.

So beware. That guy successfully conned me into thinking Dark Angels were closet traitors until other writers showed me the errors of my ways.

It is the only info we have other than the SW knowingly left behind the majority of Primaris and that Primaris chapter name, Wolf Spear, being a tongue-in-cheek saying that they are unwanted. GW is dancing around the subject of SW Primaris and not answering anything. So it is something they know the fans will dislike and don't want to draw out the long hate, or something that will be a big surprise for the players. We just have to wait until what June? July? I forget which rumor we are on now....

"There was something about these new warriors that did not sit easily with Njal and the other senior warriors of the Chapter. The recruits were another step removed from those they protected and Grimnar had, in privacy, voiced his concerns that it might again fall to the Space Wolves to police the ambitions of their Brother-Chapters" -Ashes of Prospero

Here is the best info about how the SW feel about the Primaris. Probably more suspicious and wary of the Primaris than the DA.

Wow, really interesting.

I read that in Devastation of Baal, Seth and Dante really dislike the Primaris... DA also suspect...

Well, we only know that GW said all main codexes will be released in 2017-2018, so I hope you receive a fancy codex and you all enjoy it.

So beware. That guy successfully conned me into thinking Dark Angels were closet traitors until other writers showed me the errors of my ways.

While Thorpe has committed some truly abominable fluff errors and events in his books (especially on the poor Raven Guard, don't know how anyone greenlit the idea of Deliverance Lost, and the errors in Ashes are pretty bad), you're being a tad unfair here imo.

That whole 'closet traitors' thing came about from the book Angels of Darkness (don't really know what he may have done in HH DA stories, only that the consensus is the DAs haven't had a particularly good outing for the most part), where the idea that the Lion was 'playing both sides' and waiting to see who won the Heresy was stated by the Fallen Astelan, rather than a 'word of God' narrator. The fans then took this as Word of God proof, despite it clearly being from an in universe, extremely biased, source (just like). It's a bit unfair to blame Thorpe for this particular fan overreaction imo.

While Thorpe has committed some truly abominable fluff errors and events in his books (especially on the poor Raven Guard, don't know how anyone greenlit the idea of Deliverance Lost, and the errors in Ashes are pretty bad), you're being a tad unfair here imo.

That whole 'closet traitors' thing came about from the book Angels of Darkness (don't really know what he may have done in HH DA stories, only that the consensus is the DAs haven't had a particularly good outing for the most part), where the idea that the Lion was 'playing both sides' and waiting to see who won the Heresy was stated by the Fallen Astelan, rather than a 'word of God' narrator. The fans then took this as Word of God proof, despite it clearly being from an in universe, extremely biased, source (just like). It's a bit unfair to blame Thorpe for this particular fan overreaction imo.

Ah Astelan Astelan Astelan..... you big terran prick. OK, maybe I was one of those who deluded myself into believing Astelan when Thorpe tried to tell everyone that the novel was a character study of the Fallen, not to be taken as TRUE account. However, it doesn't change Thorpe's schizophrenic treatment of the Dark Angels starting from Descent of Angels, which culminated in Angels of Caliban where everything on Caliban just went tits up in a stupid way. 

Zahariel raised from the dead? Then turns 180 and causes the slaughter of the Lion's Dark Angels when they turn up to get reinforcements? Terran SORCERORS trying to contain whatever deus ex machina device is on Caliban? Lion trying to buy PERTURABO's vote for warmaster?

Sigh, I'm sorry, a just keep facepalming.

The only part where I didn't facepalm was that short story where he killed the chaplain in a fit of rage for trying to enforce the Nikae edict on marine psykers. The fact that Lion actually regretted it, was the only part where I regard Thorpe with a measure of surprise

As you say though, everything I said still applies to the Raven Guard, and now our own Space Wolves. 

yeah, no one in the wolves seemed to keen on the primaris.

even their interactions with the Primaris Ultra marine that was there for a meeting was brisk.

I also liked that they brought up the fact that the wolves had a history of policing other chapters.

Then theres other rumblings from other books that the space wolves command are ignoring Roboute and requests, that grimnar and command are always "away". It really makes me wonder if the wolves are aware of the primaris successors

Archived