Post your homages

@Keirdale

That’s bang on. Old model/ new model homage

@Res Ipsa Loquitor

I wasn’t expecting a Monty Python homage. Great, anything goes. Films anything.

@Honda

Well done, good artwork choice and great homages.

Here’s a couple examples to try and get the ball rolling.

87733f6e-c3eb-4331-b583-28af6a0b3069.jpe24753e81-5fbf-478e-b26d-0fffee9bd1e0.jpe

ae43c11e-d5a8-4b41-811a-1b924f73015b.jpebe17985d-32a7-421a-8b2e-93671895b035.jpe

57952bc0-ea90-4f61-ba0e-6c0b1ea81bc6.jpe110fc6b4-502a-4977-9398-e3d9f292b948.jpe

Outstanding work, Apologist!

I hope you’ll do a Silver chaplain too!

There's one currently in the noospher (i.e. I've started planning, but nothing concrete yet). :)

Is that a Crimson First glove nailed to the Ork gun?

Man, that's rude :laugh.:

How else can you bypass the genelock/armour overrides?

Orky-know-wotz :) 

@ Apologist

These are IMMENSE! I particularly like the horus rising book cover that is so great.

I've already told you I like your Orks but I was secretly hoping you would put them in here when I started the thread.

Ta! Thanks for creating such a cool idea for a thread :)

Cheers Azwaz; I've really enjoyed building them – if you're interested, here's the full force:

t.jpg

It's based on the list from Rogue Trader's 'Battle for the Farm' mission; the markings on one of the accompanying artworks:

h.jpg

Some of the figures are more direct homages:

g.jpg

MOAR STUFFS!

I mean ... that's pretty good work.  Looking forward to see more if you have it.

Chop chop :happy.:

To avoid monopolising the thread, I won't post any more here, but you can follow the progress of these (and more) on my Alien Wars thread, or my blog, Death of a Rubricist.

I was always fascinated by the art in the Collected Visions book. The Center pic with the meeting of the traitors especially. I had planned to create the scene as a diorama.

All I got around to was the Red Angel. School, moving, and life got in the way and the project simply fell by the wayside.

40841330605_f945d24987_m.jpg

41699800652_3e81ca12a0_m.jpg

Amazing work from everyone here. Ideas taken from the fluff and made real then shared to provide inspiration - what more could one ask for in a hobby?

It's based on the list from Rogue Trader's 'Battle for the Farm' mission; the markings on one of the accompanying artworks:

Ah, the good old days...I remember those scenarios. Stellar work on all of them. I do have to say when I first saw the Horus  Rising models, I seriously though it was the book cover. It wasn't until I saw the bases that  I went :eek:

@Combat_Vet: Very nice. I've always been intrigued by the "Red Angel" image and had  thought  to  make one myself. I really like how yours turned out.

All the  work here is very impressive. Maybe at some point we can think about adding new creations to keep the thread moving along. It would be an interesting challenge.

@ Apologist

Please feel free to put more homages here. Your not stopping anyone else from posting here also.

@ combat_vet

This is an intriguing one. You should definitely get back on this project and carry on.

@ poom

That is an absolute classic piece of art. Great choice. I think you’ve really got the feel across in yours. The angle of the powerfist conveys a lot.

@ Honda

New creations would be great. I’m currently working on a Bulveye homage right now. The thread is pretty new and we’ve seen a great variety already. I’ve also seen people reworking other people’s conversions. They are particularly interesting homages. Also models based on films etc.