Post your homages

@Brother Talon

Thats such a shame that it doesnt see play anymore, maybe you could organise some games at yours and bring him back out of retirement. After all, do you ever really retire once your entombed in a Dreadnought? Its a wicked build, well done.

@Honda

Its a Grey Knight Nemasis Greatsword I'm guessing, the hand comes with the sword. Unless its from another system, I cant think of another sword like that, that size.

Honda, Azwaz got it in one shot. I was going to originally cut and file away the hand, but decided to see if the piece would actually fit in the first place. Imagine my joy when it did.

As for breaking him out of retirement, the issue is fijnding a suitable way to transport him, as he's a finecast dread torso, as is the back banner. I refuse to let something I've worked that hard on get snapped.. and I dont have the material pr funds to custom cut a slot for him in my cases.

as he's a finecast dread torso, as is the back banner.

It maybe too late to go back and address this, but also recognizing this problem, I put a magnet in the torso and one at the base of the banner and it's a whole lot more  transportable.

Just a thought.

'Prince Dauhavron, of the Third Host, to give him his apotropaic name. in the vulgar tongue: Tycho. Erasmus Tycho, first of that name'

l.jpg

Hopefully the inspiration's clear, but in case it's not familiar, here's the original artwork:
m.jpg Edited by Apologist

• 2 weeks later...

@ Brother Talon

What a great Black Templar dreadnought! Really unique looking and very much obviously a Black Templar. Really like the Powerfist and Sword combo. Brilliant piece of art and well executed.

@ Lord Commander Eidolon

Great Charmosoan. I’m really digging the colours, especially how you’ve emphasised them with the foliage on the base. The pose gives him some real purpose. Fantastic.

@ Apologist

Love this guy. Fantastic NMM. A very bright golden colour like the artwork. The slight tweaks you made to the cloak colour, back pack and tech on the helmet are all the right moves. Wicked.

Love it! Great diorama. Brilliant base and really like the Orks running in (they’ve got no chance). The dead Ork is great and so is the next one getting shot. Fantastic. Edited by Krakendoomcool

DSC 0290

Here's my Borderlands 2 Homage. The gun is painted in the livery of the "Kerblaster", a rare Torgue weapon.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/borderlands/images/4/49/Rigorous_KerBlaster_lv.50_b.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20121004195044

The weapon fires large rockets that drop a grenade on impact. It sounds like a really Orky weapon idea so I just had to make a reference to it.

Edited by Flame Boy

• 2 weeks later...