Post your homages

This homage is awesome, one that requires near to no explanation. very cool. I love how well you have captured him with so little modification. What do you think it is that makes him most identifiable? Looking at his face, it just seems like... his face... maybe its the band on his head though.

That Krieg model is great. The Ork arms work so well with the human sized head to make him look like a real brute.

I’m not familiar with these but loving the look.

Looking forward to the next one. Should be a great pose. Is that a giant sword?

That Krieg model is great. The Ork arms work so well with the human sized head to make him look like a real brute.

I’m not familiar with these but loving the look.

Looking forward to the next one. Should be a great pose. Is that a giant sword?

Krieg is one of the player characters from Borderlands 2, based on the Psycho enemy (aka, one of the two mascots of Borderlands, along with Claptrap), and is an

I'm actually planning on making an Inquisitor who's retinue will be the player characters from Borderlands. All sixteen of them.

The second one is Kayle The Judicator's, from League of Legends alternate skin, Pentakill Kayle. In that skin, she's the

, and sixth member, of the band, Pentakill (technically making it Hexakill).

And yes, that's a giant sword. That's also her microphone.

There's some fantastic models in this thread, and some really are instantly recognisable to me - well done all, as I know that it's no mean feat! :D

I would also like to gently point out that thread is in Hall of Honour, and so whilst some WIP pics of the conversions are very welcome (to show "how it's done"), there still needs to be a finished painted version if the model in the post as well please. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok this one has been a little while in the making but its finally ready...

gallery_106203_14654_96797.jpeg

gallery_106203_14654_172.jpggallery_106203_14654_13792.jpeg

if you guys are interested in the build then I have a thread on bolter and a post on our blog, just check my signature. cheers guys

Edited by Pandoras Bitz Box

Here is the Inquisitor Martyr Helbrute from the trailer for the game...

Here's a link to the trailer, he apears about 1:30 into it.

0e661c1b-27ea-4a9c-9e0e-aa119e8511da.jpe

a98bba91-d7f2-4196-b19a-7efb4934da52.jpe

Apologies for the poor pic (it's a pic of my telly on pause!) there aren't any other pics of this guy. That is what I was working from, that and the trailer.

Word Bearers Diabolist based on the below image from HH Book V. Probably about a year or too old now, so could do with a few touch-ups and some better pictures, but I found this on my Flickr page and wanted to share.

30385482153_d30407f2d9.jpg30808501220_2e394cd3e1.jpg

Other angles:
31032507332_629bde49b9.jpg31061500041_05ae66a8bb.jpg

Nice diabolist! He looks great!

How'd you do the shoulder pads?

...Going to click on your 30k WB link in the meantime.

Thanks mate! 

The shoulder pads are from the Aspiring Champion model.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Chaos-Space-Marines-Aspiring-Champion

The shoulder pad with the Daemon face is its own part (except the tongue that is sculpted to the arm). Just used 2 of the pads, with green stuff to plug the gap where the tongue should be.

Well, I don't think I'm even half the painter Krakendoomcool is but I've been playing a lot of Inquisitor - Martyr as well, and I ended up doing a Stormwatcher Marine. I hated the game but really, really liked the Chapter's color scheme. I didn't finish the game, so I have no idea if more Stormwatchers show up later, thus I only had two examples to go off of. A dead Marine and Cauis Thorne before well... You'll know if you played it. Anyway here's an awful Space Marine:

aUMsQd2.jpg

Edited by Endova

• 4 weeks later...

@ Endova

Thanks! That's really cool you've done the protagonist from the game, shame he can't face off against the Helbrute. I didn't play the game myself so can't comment on the likeness. Nice pose and colour scheme.

This one is a homage to Forgeworld's sadly unreleased model of Bran Redmaw.

Here's forgeworld's sculpt (as seen at a gamesday)...

6f3c429d-0cd9-41e8-a3dd-f8f3bb553d46.jpe

and here is my version...

18d95faa-6299-43bd-9df8-d8ce8853bdf8.jpe

Hidden is the green stuff...

Hidden Content
6ed7987c-1c62-487f-b58a-4e640e701c4f.jpe

• 2 months later...

"Box cover, box cover! I'm the one who eats the stardom! I'm the hero of all the villains! You can't swallow my morality like a lollipop pill! I'll run around your mind and set the world record with my meat sleeves!"

What that means in English:

I've finished that Krieg conversion

*EDIT*

Krautscientist pointed out in my general WIP thread that I forgot the orange stripes on Krieg's facemask. Fixed that:
gZrtryf.jpg

Much better :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

• 1 month later...