Post your homages

• 4 weeks later...

So here are two more homages of mine, both for my World Eaters collection.

First up, a model loosely based on an illustration by Diego Gisbert Llorens:

khorne_berzerker_-_one_more_skull_for_th

2019-world-eaters-30.jpg

And a tribute to this seminal piece of artwork by Mark Gibbons:

kargos.jpg

2019-world-eaters-31.jpg

More pictures can be found here and here, in case anyone's interested.

When I first saw this image of a "White Scar" warrior, I knew that I had to do a tribute mini. 

f3TIdiK.png

x7uTLs9.jpg

In the end I was really happy with how it turned out, and the original artist even contacted me to say that he really enjoyed my interpretation, which was incredibly gratifying. 

If Forge World had released the White Scar decals about ten months earlier, I would have painted all of my Alpha Legion Tactical marines and vehicles in this scheme :tu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@ Tichinde

That is brilliant! I always imagine those Daemon Primarchs from Space Marine (epic 40k) when I think of them. Brings me so much joy to see you've made a full size version. Great job!

I've made a homage. Bit different this one. It's the Grand Annulus that appears in the Space Wolves Codex. If you've ever owned a Space Wolves codex then you've proabably seen this thing before.

The model is based on the Sigmarite Dais AoS terrain piece. I did quite extensive modifications to change it to look like the artwork.

Here's the art it is based on...

grand_annulus_colour3-1.png?w=732

and here is mine...

img_20200428_230244.jpg?w=1024

Here's a more natural angle so you can see what it is....

img_20200428_230125.jpg

• 2 months later...

When I first saw this image of a "White Scar" warrior, I knew that I had to do a tribute mini. 

f3TIdiK.png

x7uTLs9.jpg

In the end I was really happy with how it turned out, and the original artist even contacted me to say that he really enjoyed my interpretation, which was incredibly gratifying. 

If Forge World had released the White Scar decals about ten months earlier, I would have painted all of my Alpha Legion Tactical marines and vehicles in this scheme :tu:

Amazing job mate looks great!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

As part of my Nova Terra Interregnum setting, I'm recreating/reimagining the Blood Angels from White Dwarf 139, when I first got into the hobby. I'm getting near the end now; and recently I've painted the medic and techmarine. Here they are alongside the inspiration.

k.jpg

f.jpg

If you'd like to read more, come join in the Alien Wars here on Bolter & Chainsword!