ETL VI - Tau'va - For the Greater Good

elmo

gallery_62353_10059_33012.jpg

It is not our technology that will enable us to prevail in this galaxy.

It is our shared sense of honour and commonality of cause that

unites us and will give us the power to defeat our enemies.

For those who don’t know what the ETL is, it’s an annual painting event where participants are invited to vow to paint 40k-legal units of their preferred army in a period of three months, recording their points’ values. Participants may make up to 5 such vows with a limit of 3,000 pts per vow – but no limit to the amount of units pledged. Apart from the individual challenge of completing the pledged units, each forum is competing as a team against every other forum of the B&C by adding up the points of each individual participant’s entries to work out the total score for the entire forum. The forum with the highest score wins.

But be aware: if you fail to complete your second or any subsequent vow then all previous vows are nullified and will not count towards the total of the forum! And there is another catch: the total points of each forum are modified by the completion rate i.e. the total completed points over the total points pledged. So failing to complete subsequent vows (thus nullifying all your previously completed ones) has an augmented negative effect on the completion rate and hence on the forum score. So be extra confident when you up the stakes.

This is of course a very brief description of the event. For more details you may take a look at the previous ETL here (ETL V), but also expect some additional changes for this year’s event! The expected time to launch is in early or mid May.

------------------------------------------------------------------

gallery_62353_10059_72717.jpg

Aur'ocy shath'r'i tskan sha Tau'va.

Soldiers of the Fire Caste! Kroot and Vespid allies!

Today, we stand as a bulwark against the selfish, the soulless, and the mad!

Today, we must drive back our enemies from our city and from our world!

Today, more than ever before, we fight for the Greater Good!

And we will triumph!

This will be the first time that the might of the T'au Empire will be mobilised to enter the ETL for The Greater Good and the Ethereals expect all Shas, Por, Kor and Fio caste members to acquit themselves well in the coming storm. It is the time for our young Empire to show these upstart races the strength of our mighty Her’ex’vre - the Kor'vattra will darken their skies with Sun Sharks, Razorsharks, Barracudas and Tiger Sharks - shoals of Hammerheads, Skyrays and Piranhas will rent their puny vehicles - Devilfish will carry our brave Shas towards the foe ably supported by our Kroot and Vespid allies and the heavy footfalls of our mighty Ta'unar will turn their bones to jelly in fear.

Participants vowing for the T'au Empire will be able to draw units from the Codex and Forge World units so let’s take this opportunity to organize ourselves, measure our strength and see what everyone plans to pledge. We have a great range of miniatures, an updated 8th Edition Codex and the flexibility of a young and vibrant race!

Remember, the miniatures may be assembled and undercoated – but not otherwise worked on at the time of vowing them!

It is but a Kai'rotaa in the future - be ready! When the Ethereal call... who will answer?

The idea is to bring together the might of the T'au Empire in one thread to encourage each other in the upcoming ETL.

Here we can post questions, ideas for vows and support and motivate each other in the months ahead.

The main things to remember is, whatever your vow:

It must be at the undercoat stage - this can also be a coloured primer and not just black and there is nothing wrong with assembling and priming your vows now so you can be ready as soon as the go is given...

and it must be achievable in the time frame as any unfinished vows automatically void all your earlier work.

Plan with care

It is as we join with others, in a way that only the T'au can, in shared engagement to the Greater Good, that we find ourselves able to fully realize our true potential. And that is the final source of our hopes and intentions.

Aun'el T'au Tam'ya, Ethereal caste

To start off I will be putting the primed suits I had planned for this month off for the ETL - so 11 XV8s to start with ;)
gallery_62353_11005_74304.jpg

The T'au Empire makes its presence felt at last - and with Elmo at the helm no less! :lol:

I really look forward to see how the B&C newcomers will perform in their first ETL and what will that mean for the other factions... 

Good luck guys and feel free to answer any questions. :)

I won't fight for the Greater Good this time unfortunately since all my T'au units are at various degrees of WIP but I wish everyone else here good luck and more importantly a great time! :)

That is a shame sfPanzer... There is nothing stopping you offering your support though although your loyalties may be split ;)

Welcome aboard Jud.

Kick off is planned for the beginning to mid May (tbc) so there is plenty of time to glue and prime some T'au :)

And I was planning on holding off on the T'au for a while longer to finish another project...

Frakk it.

FOR THE GREATER GOOD!

You know it makes sense :smile.:

Most of my other 40k stuff is too far along for this, so I'll probably participate for the T'au Farsight Enclaves.

:whistling::thumbsup:

I will be digging around next week to see what I can put together as a first vow - it will be a lot of suits ;)

I'm repainting my old Necron army at the moment for the new Dex & a big friendly game coming up,so that nicely cancels them out for the ETL,You could say that's for the Greater good then :wink:

So therefore it looks like a Pledge for Vior'la towards the ETL i have a starter box incoming and i'll hold off on painting my Coldstar :sweat:  not much, but at least it's participating AND i'm getting a new army started :biggrin.:

Cheers, Mithril

++EDIT++

Typical Elmo...11 Suits as a first vow :eek: ...:woot:

Archived