ETL VI - Tau'va - For the Greater Good

elmo

That will keep you busy :wink:

Just Cleaning the thing up and putting it together will be Monumental!! :eek: let alone painting it.

i hope it doesn't travel through the warp ...it's resin and may end up Warped.. :tongue.: ...:wink.:

Mithril.

Hello all! I was recruited to this wonderful community by my brother; JeffJedi. I just wanted to say hello, I’m happy to be here and I’m ready to show the entire forum that the T’au are here to stay! I know this is my 3rd post and I’m new but I will be pledging 2 vows. The first will be 3,000 points and the second will be 1,500. I have a massive backlog and this is the moment I have been awaiting. Aun’Va wills shall be made.

Between both vows I will be painting the following:

• 1x KX139 Super Tuna

• 1x Tigershark AX-1-0

• 1x AX-5-2 Barracuda

• 2x DX6 Remoras

• 1x XV107

• 1x XV109

• 2x KV128 Stormsurges

• 2x XV104 Riptides

• 1x XV95 Ghostkeel

• 1x XV85 Enforcer

For I am Shas’o R’alai of Sept Ke’lshan, and I will not fail!

*Just so you know I’m actually committed to this, I have already taken off July 9th-15th from work to make sure my vows are completed. I’m a Paramedic by trade, and I make good on my promises :P*

Welcome to you and congrats to Jeff for introducing you to B&C!

It’s also great to see more support to our Xenos faction and the Tau in particular. Good luck to you and don’t hesitate to ask any questions! :)

Welcome to you and congrats to Jeff for introducing you to B&C!

It’s also great to see more support to our Xenos faction and the Tau in particular. Good luck to you and don’t hesitate to ask any questions! :smile.:

It is an honor to be here Captain. I'm washing my KX139 Super Tuna as we speak! 

Preparing for the  +++E TENEBRAE LUX V+++

Oh wow that's a huge vow! Good luck with that and lots of respect if you actually manage to finish all that at a decent standard!

And welcome to the board. :)

Oh wow that's a huge vow! Good luck with that and lots of respect if you actually manage to finish all that at a decent standard!

Abd welcome to the board. :smile.:

Thank you sir. Happy to be here!

WILL complete my vows and they will be completed to this standard (and better). These were painted earlier this year by me:

Kelshan1

Kelshan2

Kelshan3

Kelshan4

Kelshan5

The T'au are beginning to assemble and coordinate for the upcoming battle...

I have been digging around in my painting backlog and have decided to go suit heavy over the 3 months.

Provisionally planned at the moment are:

1 x VX104 Riptide

11 x old style XV8s

6 x new style XV8s (4 will be commanders of some sort - 1 may be Farsight as I have 2 sets of the old metal arms and shield)

6 x new style XV88 Broadsides

1 x FW XV88-2 Broadside

3 x FW XV9s s (one with twin linked burst cannon, one phased ion guns, and one with fusion cascades).

All will be magnetised to one degree or another...

If I manage these then I have some Hammerheads primed :wink:

I have been digging around in my painting backlog and have decided to go suit heavy over the 3 months.

1 x VX104 Riptide

11 x old style XV8s

6 x new style XV8s (4 will be commanders of some sort - 1 may be Farsight as I have 2 sets of the old metal arms and shield)

1 x FW XV88-2 Broadside

3 x FW XV9s s (one with twin linked burst cannon, one phased ion guns, and one with fusion cascades).

If I manage these then I have some Hammerheads primed :wink:

thats ambitious. do it in realistic segments, and guage if you have enough time to finish

Last time it was a Company of Dark Angels (this time the actual model count is lower) so it should be possible with planning.... fingers crossed :wink:

They will not be all vowed at once so I will not over commit then the rest will be trickled in to make use of the 5 vow limit.

Currently working on a batch of 6 x old style XV8s and will have them done, start to finish, in 2 weeks so 3 months for the lot is possible with a big push.

1 x VX104 Riptide

11 x old style XV8s

1 x FW XV88-2 Broadside

If I manage these then I have some Hammerheads primed ;)

thats ambitious. do it in realistic segments, and guage if you have enough time to finish

Hey, you’re taking to Elmo man... :P

Good going Elmo! I'm building a third riptide atm and want another 4 broadsides I think...

All in all hoping to have

- 3 riptides

- 2 ghostkeels

- 6 broadsides

- 1 stormsurge

- 6+ crisis suits

To start with... Big suits for big points ;)

Still a few purchases to go unfortunately

I have had to buy 2 sets of legs for my old suits as they vanished somewhere... should arrive by the end of next week ;)

I will be gluing the models together, magnetising and priming as much as possible before the event starts to save time.

I have an Iridium armour commander to glue together but will have to order in some Kroot (once they become available)

nowhere near as ambitious as Elmo, Shas'o R'alai or Emicus but I hope to add to the list once the ETL gets underway.

***UPDATE***

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_6_Poster_01_Teaser.jpg

MAY 1st - AUGUST 1st

-------------------------------------------------

A few things about the new rules:

1. Points limit raised to 4,000 pts (to accommodate Warlord Titans)

2. Five Factions: Adeptus Astartes, Imperial Forces (IFOR), Chaos, Xenos, Age of Darkness (AoD)

3. There are three levels of collective performance:

• Primus Inter Pares: the Forum with the highest score WITHIN its Faction
  • Dominus Exercitus: the Forum with the highest score AMONG ALL Factions (similar but not 100% like the Primus Inter Pares of old)
  • ETL VI Magister: the Faction with the highest score among all Factions

4. The Astartes Faction will consist of SMs, BAs, DAs and SWs

5. The IFOR Faction will include the GKs and the Deathwatch

6. IFOR Forums will have access (but not unlimited) to units form other IFOR Forums

7. Chaos is three Forums - not interchangeable

8. Aeldari is a single Forum (just to clarify)

9. AoD is split in two teams the Loyalists and the Traitors. Both have access to all HH units except those explicitly labeled "Traitor" for the Loyalists and those labeled "Loyalist" for the Traitors 

Remember, these are just some highlights - there is a ton of details still but feel free to ask any questions. :smile.:

We now have the start date so it is time to think about your vows, strategy and preparation...

Tau'va

Exactly! And here's the deal:

All Xenos are in the same Factions so you need all of them to do well in order for Xenos to become ETL VI Magister, and in that sense you are all allies. But you also want to be Primus Inter Pares (i.e. the best in your Faction), so the rest of the Xenos Forums are ALSO our rivals - you need to do better than them to achieve that. And, obviously, you want to do better than any other individual Forum to become Exercitus Dominus!!!

Multi-level stuff eh? :D

Well, there is word of difference, namely Faction vs. Forum. :biggrin.:

The Faction is Xenos. That means that the performance of all Xenos Forums will be added together to work out the performance of the Xenos Faction which will be compared to the other 4 Factions of the ETL (Adeptus Astartes, IFOR, Realm of Chaos and AoD). The winning Faction will be ETL VI Magister.

However, the Forum that beats ALL other individual Forums (20 in total) will become Exercitus Dominus!

Archived