ETL VI - Tau'va - For the Greater Good

elmo

ETL VI is conveniently starting right when I'm starting to paint my first army in 12 years. We'll see how much I can finish painting before May 1st but as of today I've got all these models ready for painting:

3 Riptides

6 XV15 Stealth Battlesuits

3 XV25 Stealth Battlesuits

9 XV8 Crisis Battlesuits

1 XV88 Broadside Battlesuit

40 Fire Warriors

10 Pathfinders

20 Kroot

5 Vespid

30 Drones

3 Devilfish

1 Hammerhead

1 Ethereal

1 Kroot Shaper

The painting's gone pretty slow so far (I'm roughly 30 Fire Warriors in), but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'm looking forward to ETL giving me an actual deadline to get this army finished and not just assembled/primed.

Even if we are stuck working together with the flithy Greenskins :dry.:

@elmo I name you HIGH RIDER! I vow to paint more points for the Tau'va than you this year :biggrin.: 

:thumbsup:

ETL VI is conveniently starting right when I'm starting to paint my first army in 12 years. We'll see how much I can finish painting before May 1st but as of today I've got all these models ready for painting:

3 Riptides

9 XV8 Crisis Battlesuits

40 Fire Warriors

10 Pathfinders

20 Kroot

5 Vespid

30 Drones

3 Devilfish

1 Hammerhead

1 Ethereal

1 Kroot Shaper

The painting's gone pretty slow so far (I'm roughly 30 Fire Warriors in), but I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I'm looking forward to ETL giving me an actual deadline to get this army finished and not just assembled/primed.

Go for it - just make sure you complete any models you vow or you will forfeit any you completed...

3 Riptides

9 XV8 Crisis Battlesuits

40 Fire Warriors

10 Pathfinders

20 Kroot

5 Vespid

30 Drones

3 Devilfish

1 Hammerhead

1 Ethereal

1 Kroot Shaper

Go for it - just make sure you complete any models you vow or you will forfeit any you completed...

Yep. Staying conservative on my vows when I'm in high gear towards the end of summer will be the tricky part here!

Well, there is word of difference, namely Faction vs. Forum. :biggrin.:

The Faction is Xenos. That means that the performance of all Xenos Forums will be added together to work out the performance of the Xenos Faction which will be compared to the other 4 Factions of the ETL (Adeptus Astartes, IFOR, Realm of Chaos and AoD). The winning Faction will be ETL VI Magister.

However, the Forum that beats ALL other individual Forums (20 in total) will become Exercitus Dominus!

Exactly! And here's the deal:

All Xenos are in the same Factions so you need all of them to do well in order for Xenos to become ETL VI Magister, and in that sense you are all allies.

So what you're saying is that all of the Xenos factions will be working together for the *ahem* greater good? :wink:

Yeah, in a way... :D

Yet each Xenos Forum will have to compete with every other Xenos Forum for supremacy within the Xenos Faction! :) And of course all Forouns compete against all other Forums across the board! :)

I'll pledge when it officially starts, but I gotta finish up this semester at college first. SO I probably wont start on this stuff until a week after the official start

Not good enough... The T'au Empire requires total commitment...!

but RL comes first of course ;)

I have had to buy 2 sets of legs for my old suits as they vanished somewhere... should arrive by the end of next week ;)

The legs turned up today so the bits are all here for the vows ;)

Only a couple of days to go before the start... Prep your engines ;)

I will be initially vowing 2 units of 3 old style XV8s and will be working out points later (they are magnetised so I can use expensive weapon choices ;) )

I expect them to take 2-3 weeks as there are loads of bank holidays coming up in the next few weeks and that means that the wife will have things planned for me to do :(

Playing around with points for the fist vow and come up with

Team 1 285 pts

XV8 Crisis Shas'vre
Burst Cannon (x1); Cyclic Ion Blaster (x1); Fusion Blaster (x1)
XV8 Crisis Shas'ui
Burst Cannon (x1); Fusion Blaster (x1); Missile Pod (x1)
XV8 Crisis Shas'ui

Team 2 285 pts

XV8 Crisis Shas'vre
XV8 Crisis Shas'ui
XV8 Crisis Shas'ui

Vow 1 total 570pts

I just need to double check my weapons pile and I only wanted to use equipment I could actually model... And I have a load of burst cannons lying around ;)

Playing around with points for the fist vow and come up with

Team 1 285 pts

XV8 Crisis Shas'vre

XV8 Crisis Shas'ui

XV8 Crisis Shas'ui

Team 2 285 pts

XV8 Crisis Shas'vre

XV8 Crisis Shas'ui

XV8 Crisis Shas'ui

Vow 1 total 570pts

I just need to double check my weapons pile and I only wanted to use equipment I could actually model... And I have a load of burst cannons lying around :wink:

A very ETL-competitive loadout!

So I’m super pumped for this painting challenge. Jeff has talked about the previous E TENEBRAE LUX challenges in the past with such high regards. I have been awaiting the return to pledge my Salamanders, but with this being the first year the Xenos can take part, I see NO other option.

I already have my KX139 Ta’unar Supremacy Armour Suit pinned, as well as my Barracuda. Yesterday I went ahead and pinned my XV95 Ghostkeel to a pin board. I just got allerted from USPS that my Tigershaek AX-1-0 will arrive on 5/3/18. On top of all that, I have 30th and 1st off of work as well as the 4th-6th :)

Well, here it is, my massive vow for the greater good!

++ Unbound Army (Faction) (T'au Empire) [154 PL, 4000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Commander in XV86 Coldstar Battlesuit [8 PL, 134pts]: High-output burst cannon, Missile pod, Warlord

+ Elites +

XV104 Riptide Battlesuit [14 PL, 250pts]: 2x Smart missile system, Heavy burst cannon

XV95 Ghostkeel Battlesuit [10 PL, 183pts]: 2x Fusion blaster, Cyclic ion raker, 2x MV5 Stealth Drone

+ Fast Attack +

Tactical Drones [2 PL, 48pts]: 4x MV1 Gun Drone

+ Flyer +

AX-5-2 Barracuda [12 PL, 365pts]: 2x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x Missile pod, 4x Seeker missile, Swiftstrike railgun

DX6 Remora Stealth Drone Squadron [3 PL, 91pts]

. DX6 'Remora' Stealth Drone w/ 2x Seeker missile: 2x Long-barelled burst cannon, 2x Seeker missile

Tiger Shark AX-1-0 [30 PL, 629pts]: 2x Cyclic ion blaster, 2x Heavy rail cannon, 2x Missile pod, 6x Seeker missile

+ Lord of War +

KV128 Stormsurge [20 PL, 388pts]: 2x Airbursting fragmentation projector, Cluster rocket system, 4x Destroyer missile, Pulse driver cannon, 2x Smart missile system

KX139 Ta'unar Supremacy Armour [55 PL, 1912pts]: 4x Burst cannon, Fusion eradicator & Tri-axis ion cannon, Heavy rail cannon, 4x Smart missile system

++ Total: [154 PL, 4000pts] ++

In addition, I will be painting all the extra weapons for the KX139, KV128, Tiger Shark AX-1-0, Barracuda AX-5-2, and XV95 Ghostkeel!

WoW... i think i feel like a Pilot fish this ETL...my vows will be very small swimming next to all the Sharks here in the T'AU forum :blush.:...

Don't get me wrong though...i'm super happy to see Mega Vows for T'AU :wub:  with all these Shark painters in our Pen we look strong!!

One day to go!!! ...

Cheers, Mithril   

“It takes a lot of people to make a winning team. Everybody's contribution is important.” -G. Goldberg.

It’s all good buddy. The T’auva shall prosper as one! A rising tide raises all ships!

My brother JeffJedi has challenged me, and I have gratefully accepted.

FOR THE GREATER GOOD!

so your calling your Bro judy now :laugh.: ...if he loses to you this ETL you should say he has to change his avatar to jeffJudy instead of Jedi !...

,yeah all of us contributing... its for the greater good indeed :thumbsup:

Cheers, Mithril 

so your calling your Bro judy now :lol: ...if he loses to you this ETL you should say he has to change his avatar to jeffJudy instead of Jedi !...

,yeah all of us contributing... its for the greater good indeed :tu:

Cheers, Mithril

I accept, if the challenge is not met I will change my name to Jeff Judy!

so your calling your Bro judy now :laugh.: ...if he loses to you this ETL you should say he has to change his avatar to jeffJudy instead of Jedi !...

,yeah all of us contributing... its for the greater good indeed :thumbsup:

Cheers, Mithril

I accept, if the challenge is not met I will change my name to Jeff Judy!

oh boy...it's on LIKE DONKEY KONG !   :ohmy.: 

...Mithril

what have i done!... :tongue.:

Motivation Greater Good style ;)

The gauntlet has been cast down and the challenge was accepted... I hope we do not have to do a user name change in August :rolleyes:

Archived