GW heads on Anvil bodies?

Harrowmaster

Funny. I'm thinking about doing the opposite so I'd love to see how this works out.

If you want to do this, you either need to file down the neck on the Anvil head so it fits the GW groove on the torso or drill a hole in the torso that will take the ball joint. Btw Anvil heads fit the new stormtroopers perfectly without need for any complex modelling (or any modelling) at all. 

Anvil's stuff is kind of halfway between GW Cadians and FW Elysians on the Heroic Scale - True scale spectrum, even if they fit plastic Cadian heads will likely look a bit big.

scalecomparison2.jpg

There's not a huge amount in it, but the overall size difference in the bottom row of the pic is noticeable.

IMO, they look ridiculous.

anvilindustry_trencher_conversions.jpg

The reserve works reasonably well with a little work, (I've done a few now with different Anvil heads) but the Cadian heads are just too big and bulky to my mind.

-Ran

I'm going to use Anvil arms on the GW bodies for the special weapons to keep it consistent across the army

I've had a bit of a play with fitting both the fatigue and armoured special weapon arms on Cadian torsos - keep in mind that you'll need to trim either the resin or the torso to make them fit properly. Also, the cabling from the Anvil weapons needs to be extended with GS in order to reach the backpack provided. Unfortunately it's not a case of plug and play.

-Ran

Archived