Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Plagueburst Crawlers or Hellforged Deredeo

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Bloody Legionnaire

Bloody Legionnaire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,216 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

I'm considering which heavy support unit(s) I'm going to add next to my Death Guard army. 

I already have a Leviathan with x2 Grav Bombard and I'm thinking that the Deredeo would be an excellent second offensive tool. I know I could probably get 2 PBC for the price of the one Deredeo but I'm not convinced two would be better. The Deredeo could also act similarly to the Myphitic Blight-Hauler but instead of giving a cover save for units nearby it provides the 5+ invuln. 

What do you guys think? 

DominikB

DominikB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 635 posts
I’ve been thinking of a dual grav leviathan myself! I do like dreads with the DG trait keeps them mobile
  • Bloody Legionnaire likes this

Bloody Legionnaire

Bloody Legionnaire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,216 posts

For sure man! The Levi is a beast at making things of all types disappear. I just needs to get there. The Deredeo is super versatile in that it has very power weapons at close, medium, and long range. The Greater Havoc Launcher does not need line of sight to the target in order to fire at it. I think it has a lot of similarities to the PBC but is way better at shooting. 

HeresyBeliever

HeresyBeliever

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 339 posts

I run 2 x crawlers and 2 x Leviathans. 

Both Crawlers have flamers and are used very aggressively.

The Leviathans  - 1 with 2x grav the other with 2 x Butcher Cannon.

The leviathans put out more shots than the deredeo for a higher point investment.  

The deredeo is a cool looking model though. 

The Dice Gods always win. And Khorne always wins because there is always blood when there is war.  

Plaguecaster

Plaguecaster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,824 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

I really love Deredeos as they can really dish out some decent firepower especially with Butcher Cannon array and greater havoc launcher, tried out both but I really prefer the havoc launcher since it can target out of sight units like a crawler whilst the veil requires a whole squad to be completely within 6 to get the save so it  only will be able to give one small squad the inv save and have to keep them hugging the dread most of the game. Love the FW dreads mainly for the fact they can constantly keep up with my infantry and still fire without any penalties, Crawlers can be alright I just don't like using them as I prefer fielding a more infantry based force with Dreads being the only vehicles with maybe a blight hauler or 2

Nurgle Abominarions: A Host of Decay Revived for 8th​.
UPDATED 29/07/17

DominikB

DominikB

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 635 posts
Another thought might be to await the FAQ and see what nerf hits the crawlers!

HeresyBeliever

HeresyBeliever

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 339 posts

Another thought might be to await the FAQ and see what nerf hits the crawlers!

I agree on the waiting but I don't think they will be getting a direct nerf tbh

The Dice Gods always win. And Khorne always wins because there is always blood when there is war.  

Bloody Legionnaire

Bloody Legionnaire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,216 posts

I run 2 x crawlers and 2 x Leviathans. 

Both Crawlers have flamers and are used very aggressively.

The Leviathans  - 1 with 2x grav the other with 2 x Butcher Cannon.

The leviathans put out more shots than the deredeo for a higher point investment.  

The deredeo is a cool looking model though. 

That sounds absolutely nasty! Papa Nurgle is pleased!
I was tempted with including 2 leviathans in my list with those exact same builds.. It's just a lot of points between the two and if I want to include Mortarion as well there isn't a whole lot more that can fit in a list. 

I really love Deredeos as they can really dish out some decent firepower especially with Butcher Cannon array and greater havoc launcher, tried out both but I really prefer the havoc launcher since it can target out of sight units like a crawler whilst the veil requires a whole squad to be completely within 6 to get the save so it  only will be able to give one small squad the inv save and have to keep them hugging the dread most of the game. Love the FW dreads mainly for the fact they can constantly keep up with my infantry and still fire without any penalties, Crawlers can be alright I just don't like using them as I prefer fielding a more infantry based force with Dreads being the only vehicles with maybe a blight hauler or 2

Pretty much exactly what I'm thinking. The Deredeo also provide some very nice anti-air capability that DG is kinda lacking in. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users