Loving those berzerkers man! Was the conversion as easy as KS made it look? Also, why not do them in the old red and white scheme. It is your army after all!

I've also done those conversions (have three done, need to finish 17 more), and yes, it is really that easy. I think the hardest part isn't the sawing of the legs, but getting the Marine heads to sit right in the Blood Warrior torsos. :lol:

Also, hushrong, how'd you get the Marine arms to sit on the Blood Warrior bodies as well as you did?

For the back packs I just cut away a marines 'port' from the back torso bit and attach to the bloodwarriors back where I usually file away a nice, flat surface.

Oh, that's a smarter idea than mine. I was planning on just gluing the backpacks onto the Blood Warrior torsos :lol:

Thank you Trixie and Warriorfish! Paint is incoming!

I've tried a few different things but I think I have something figured out finally. Everyone I have asked on the B&C has kindly shared their recipes for black but after trial, error, and heartbreak I saw a dead CSM painted up in BL colors on InquisitorEngel's Walls Fail, Fists Don't plog. I was convinced that was the route to go. It's honestly the closest I can get to this black yet grey paint scheme by brush.

So I've got some termies to practice on, maybe adding purple or blue washes before the dark tone to see what happens, before I paint-strip them and break them down anyways to remake into some Bringers of Despair. So stay tuned!

You are not lying about the heads Gederas. I honestly do not want to remove the detail around the collar but nothing much else fits. Still curious though how the ol' mk2 helms fit. Plus, Betrayer41 used some of those WE helms with success.

As for the arms they kind of 'fit' into the socket with the soulder sticking out so the pauldron can go on nicely. If I wasn't rushing this and used half my brain I would have filled in the empty socket with green stuff.

You are not lying about the heads Gederas. I honestly do not want to remove the detail around the collar but nothing much else fits. Still curious though how the ol' mk2 helms fit. Plus, Betrayer41 used some of those WE helms with success.

As for the arms they kind of 'fit' into the socket with the soulder sticking out so the pauldron can go on nicely. If I wasn't rushing this and used half my brain I would have filled in the empty socket with green stuff.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I tried getting Burning of Prospero Mark III helmets into the Blood Warriors' gorgets. That didn't go so well :lol:

And yeah, Betrayer41's conversions work well. Though I did notice it looks like he greenstuff'd the neck area as well :lol:

And okay. I was having some issues with the arms myself. But yeah, filling in the socket with greenstuff makes a lot more sense than what I was trying :lol:

Thank you, frater!

They aren't too bad at all Vazzy. If someone with my half-:censored: ed skills can do it anyone can. It's mostly removing anything below the knee of the bloodwarriors, which is easy since most of lower bodies only have one leg attached, and then removing anything above the circular knee of the mk3 armor. Lately I have been trying to carve a 'ball joint' around the knee pad of the mk3. Then fitting, pinning, gluing, and some greenstuff makes its a-ok.

For the back packs I just cut away a marines 'port' from the back torso bit and attach to the bloodwarriors back where I usually file away a nice, flat surface.

And I have been too chicken to try and use a mk3 torso.

As for the colors I just want to keep it black on black with gold for my guys. I remember pictures and fluff where legionaires keep their old legion colors and paint a pauldron black to show their allegiance but I want these guys to go all in. Though I am tempted to make an HH Heralds of Ruin kill team of pure World Eaters with that sweet color scheme of white and red. If we don't get new plastics I'll be repeating these conversions. :smile.:

Thank you for the praise but they could use some work Kizzdougs. So if you are ever in Austin I will barter food, drink, and coin for some hobby lessons so I can try and truly replicate the sweet work you've done for your own Sons of Horus! Your work on them has been phenomenal and inspiring.

I'm hoping they do, Pearson! I've only tried mk3 and mk4 helmets and the mk4 barely fits with a little bit of trimming without removing the bloodwarriors gorget. I may try a mk7 and try to pass it off as mk5 if it fits. To be honest I wish I had some mk2 to try out or some of the actual HH World Eaters heads. I'm kind of holding off on the final five as I do want to try out more bits.

And the Pale King may seem that way but if you look closely you can see his goofy-:censored: smile under the hood. Hopefully more work and some fluff to follow will help him out.

Thanks! I'll have to give it a shot! I also had no idea you were in Austin Hush! I lived there the past 4 years. You'd think I'd have reached out

I tried once, Gederas, once to even fit a mk3 helmet and NOPE. They are long from front to back. Maybe in the future I will trim down the collar or just try using a mk3 torsos. And yeah, I should have filled in the sockets with greenstuff myself since I was already trying to fill in around the knees. I think once you do that you are set.

Thank you, Betrayer. If I had not seen your post on building World Eaters in the CSM subform the seed would not have been planted to build these.

AHorriblePerson, they're pretty big. They are about as tall as the BAC contemptors. They definitely have height but they are actually bulky too. However, they fit in line with the recent Rubrics and Plaguemarines. The one posted below is my tallest (not including backpacks, topknots, or bunny ears) since he has more mk3 leg transplanted from above the knee.

gallery_55057_13897_6425.jpg

Thank you Brother Lunkhead! I am try to garner the Warmaster's blessings!

A big thank you to you too Krautscientist! Had it not been for your diorama I would not have pulled the trigger on this project. I love me some top knots but I am trying to figure out how to transplant some bunny ears onto mk4 helms now :smile.:

Do it Vazzy! It's been a fun project for sure! And I think this is the second time I missed out on meeting frater who were fellow Austinites. I'm sure there are still dozens of us! Until they closed I was regularly at Whose Turn is it Games (*pour out a shot) as all the other gaming places were way up in North Austin from me. And the local GW is usually either empty or crowded from my own experience.

Thank you Deathspectre!

Below I also tried to photograph the minor paint test I did on the one marine from earlier. Again, using InquisitorEngels recipe I did two washes of Army Painter dark tone over a coat of Scale75 Black metal. Without all this lighting it comes out like a dark graphite and I actually like it a lot. I may try to higlight this guys armor and do one more wash of dark tone to see how it comes out.

So here's proof that I had done some painting...and proof that I need to work on my photography skills.

gallery_55057_13897_215776.jpg

gallery_55057_13897_140176.jpg

Hopefully this weekend into next week I will put down the tools and glue and do some more painting in my hobby time. As I said I have a few test dummies to practice on before I recycle them.

Death to the False Emperor!

Haha. I did see a picture of Slaanesh in its cosmic bindings so there is hope, brother! Honestly, if you file or dremel away the Khorne icons you have a sweet body ready for dedication. I wanted to add a vox speaker to look like a mk4 or mk5 torso vent to run wires from after looking and wanting to copy FW Khârn’s torso. Yet I don’t have a dremel to do it cleanly but the temptation is there as I think sonic weapons would look good in their hands... Edited by hushrong

Your false emperor demands your servitude, loyalty,

and the sacrifice of your flesh for his corpse?

My god only requires blood.

And I am free to offer any of my choosing.

Howdy folks! So I honestly planned on the last few days to be one of painting hobby-wise and hammer out a final paint scheme. I did very little of that as I think I have settled on something I want to go with. Since I wasn't painting as much I did get some converting and kitbashing done. So, here we go!

gallery_55057_13897_6148.jpg

So I wanted to see if I could add a sheen of another color, using washes, to the paint scheme I am using from Inquisitor Engel. I start with painting a layer of black metal, then I will apply leadbelcher highlights (which I did not do on these test minis), and then apply three ink washes. I started with the dark tone, then applied Druchii Violet on one and Drakenhof Night shade on another, followed by another wash of dark tone.

The terminator on the left has the violet and it just looks like coal/ash covered purple. It's neat but too purple and I decided not to play around with this anymore. The terminator on the right has nightshade and it really dulls out the 'lead graphite' look the black metal gets after the dark tone washes. Compare his left leg with the terminator in the middle whose shin and thigh are reflecting more light. I like it quite a bit but I like how deceptively reflective the black metal with just three washes of dark tone looks. So I think I will just stick with that. I do plan on finishing these guys up and a squad of chaos indominus terminators before buying my dream team for making some Bringers of Despair. Need to keep my purchasing in check or I will start burying myself in plastic and resin again.

Now onto some new builds:

Grimwuld the Blade, Formerly of the XVI Legion, Apothecary

gallery_55057_13897_10330.jpg

As the iris of the boarding torpedo receded Red Brother Grimwuld, of the Vampyran Echelon, came hurtling forth into the guns of Black Templar defenders and their chapter serfs. No bolter slowed his charge and every sword raised against him shattered as he howled and shed blood. The corridors of the Loyalty in Brotherhood ran red with the blood of the throne loyal as the vessel was seized by the soon to be Splintered Warband. Grimwuld the Blade and his kin offered up their sacrifices of flesh, bones, and gore in praise to their War God.

gallery_55057_13897_55589.jpg

gallery_55057_13897_1883.jpg

So, I have had Loken sitting on the chaos that is my desk just begging for use. I had decided he would somehow be used with basic power armored marines I had been building for a Berzerker squad, reference the 'boarders' from my second post. Seeing his stature compared to them and how fancy detailed his armor was I knew I wanted him to be the champion but drew a blank on how to make it work. Welp, wishing I could have an apothecarion in my army I decided to make him at least look like one as that was his job up until the Scouring...where, lets say, he went from trying to stop the bleeding and fix the dying to wanting to tear them apart and let the blood flow.

Zassarin the Devourer, Formerly of the XII Legion, Rampager

gallery_55057_13897_154217.jpg

"NO MERCY! NO QUARTER! NO PRISONERS! ONLY BLOOD!"

The Devourer bellowed through the corridors and halls of the Black Templar vessel, The Loyalty in Brotherhood.

He executed his own orders with such murderous glee.

gallery_55057_13897_113806.jpg

gallery_55057_13897_274715.jpg

I also bought Kh

The scheme looks fine, I do agree the left one is too purple, unless you want to ally with your EC, in which case it's perfect. But what is truly amazing is your conversion work, both the apothecary and the rampager look awesome, really like how you've worked around the character's poses, specially Khârn's, whose motion you've used perfectly!