Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is the vault worth it in competitive lists?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Time of madness

Time of madness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 39 posts
Anyone think the vault is worth it in competitive lists. Comes in at nearly 500pts making it a quarter of your army.

Hopper21

Hopper21

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 151 posts
I really want it to be it's hard to fit in though!

Arachnofiend

Arachnofiend

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 97 posts

A GT was won recently with this list, so... yeah, the Vault is competitive.

30581638_1862219763802220_72233103578609

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,688 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
The vault just seems like the way to go if you’re going to use C’Tan powers. Being able to choose four means you have quite the selection of dumping MW on things. And using 3/turn ANd getting +1 to most effects is not bad at all.

I am honestly expecting C’Tan to get nerfed in the near future simply because the ability to just designate enemy units to take MW without rolling to cast or be denied or whatnot is something that is going to get cheesed in an upcoming high-profile tournament. And GW seems to like to just need things in response to griping rather than looking at fundamental issues.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Tyriks

Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,150 posts

A GT was won recently with this list, so... yeah, the Vault is competitive.

30581638_1862219763802220_72233103578609

Which GT was that?

Captain_Krash

Captain_Krash

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 663 posts
  • Faction: Lamenters

What's the list???

Krash

Ad Victoriam

Rod.H

Rod.H

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 59 posts

But isn't the Vault still a super-heavy? Because if it is, there are TOs that forbid that slot being filled in their games.

Tyriks

Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,150 posts

But isn't the Vault still a super-heavy? Because if it is, there are TOs that forbid that slot being filled in their games.

Are there? I haven't heard of that since 6th, maybe. Knights are present in almost every tournament so if that is true it can't be very widespread.

Rod.H

Rod.H

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 59 posts

Are there? I haven't heard of that since 6th, maybe. Knights are present in almost every tournament so if that is true it can't be very widespread.

I'm in Australia, we're a bit odd down here & like restricting/banning super-heavys and full bore banning anything Forgeworld. Though the countrywide Forgeworld ban is apparently weakening with some units from there now on the restricted list.

mithrilforge

mithrilforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,782 posts
  • Faction: 40k - xenos & ad-mech
Got to agree with Rod.H here, I'm Aussie and yes we're rather restrictive sometimes, I think due to forge world being quite expensive to get (for us)and with its semi overpowered rules it tends to get bought by the rich cheesy players etc etc, sometimes it is better to limit the pay to win types eh ;-).

Mithril

gallery_70393_10089_1851.png PtR_Black_Pearl_Badge.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifETL_Medal_02.gifgallery_48988_6285_17537.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_6494_6331_8260.pngETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpg

Rod.H

Rod.H

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 59 posts
That's why people(Aussies) go to Chinaforge for all their Forgeworld needs. I haven't due to getting most of what I wanted at their booth at the last year of GWs' Gamesday, though that's my Imperials somewhat sorted (till the Repressor appears in plastic) and of the FW Necron units only the Night Shroud & Acanthrites appeal to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users