New scar player

TheAlchemist

Scouts are a strong option this edition so you simply cannot go wrong with having some.  In 750 points, 1 squad to start. 

Frankly, this game is too expensive to buy stuff and hope it works.  I strongly recommend proxy-play a few games with both Tactical and Intercessor units to see what works for you.

Alternately, there are several posts dedicated to army lists (even a forum for it ^_^).  Take a look at several lists (especially those with further conversation) and find patterns to guide decisions.

:tu:

Since eventually the range will switch over to Primaris, maybe start with two 5 man squads of intercessors with Auto Bolt Rifles to take advantage of the chapter tactics. That gives you solid mobility since they can move 9-17" a turn with still pumping out a lot of shots

Since eventually the range will switch over to Primaris, maybe start with two 5 man squads of intercessors with Auto Bolt Rifles to take advantage of the chapter tactics. That gives you solid mobility since they can move 9-17" a turn with still pumping out a lot of shots

Better take the default Rapid Fire Bolt Rifles instead. Assault Rifles are good if you want to stay away from your target since you get the full amount of shots at any range. Rapid fire promotes an up close and personal playstyle which fits the Chapter tactic way better. Listen to a Blood Angels player. :D

Better take the default Rapid Fire Bolt Rifles instead. Assault Rifles are good if you want to stay away from your target since you get the full amount of shots at any range. Rapid fire promotes an up close and personal playstyle which fits the Chapter tactic way better. Listen to a Blood Angels player. :D

Yes but the assault weapons and the mobility plays well to being able to to rapidly reposition your troops and focus them on a new target or area of the board.. which also fits White Scars play style ;) ..plus I don't think I've ever seen anyone ever actually run assault intercessors :/

I'm a fan of the Regular Bolt Rifle. At 15" range it's strictly superior, and it costs less.

I'd start Scars with some Intercessors, some Hellblasters and a bike unit of some kind?

I think Intercessors are a MUST.

If you're starting you should be patient and smart when buying, because we think Primaris will replace most of marine units... so maybe you wil buy and paint some unit that could disapear in 2-3years. But you should take my words with some salt, because these are only hobbyist thoughts

Archived