How to paint Bad Moon Orks?

DEL 707

So I bought myself some Ork Nobz, slowly working on the guy, which is proving difficult since I've never painted flesh before.

I want to paint him as a bad moon, but I'm having trouble finding a colour guide.

Can anyone point out what kind of colours I would need to make the right yellow?

The free Citadel Paint App (available on iPhone and Android) has colour guides aplenty, including for specific factions.

It doesn't include Bad Moon Orks, but there are a couple of general yellow schemes. The following are the "layer" versions, but there are "drybrush" versions as well if you prefer that; they generally assume you're going to want to use their Dry paint ranges, which tend to be thicker.

Yellow: basecoat Averland Sunset, shade Casandora Yellow, layer Yriel Yellow, edge highlight Flash Gitz Yellow.

Warm Yellow: basecoat Averland Sunset, shade Casandora Yellow, shade Fuegan Orange, edge highlight Flash Gitz Yellow.

Imperial Fists Armour: basecoat Averland Sunset, layer Yriel Yellow, shade Agrax Earthshade, edge highlight Screaming Skull.

That last one produces a dirtier overall look, with dark recesses and worn-looking highlights, so it might be worth considering for Orks - or mix it up, use the plain Yellow scheme but just substitute Agrax Earthshade for Casandora Yellow so the recesses are grimier.

Edit: It just occurred to me to check Warhammer TV on YouTube, and they have a specific

from just under a year ago with a bit of a different scheme, including how to do chipping effects. You should also be able to find several different ways to paint Ork/Orruk skin.

Archived