1500 Cybernetica starting point.

Warsmith Manat-Yi

Im planning on jumping into the Legio Cybernetica but I'm not sure what to run. I get the basic premise but I wanted to run a list by you guys to see whatcha think.

++ Crusade (Mechanicum: Taghmata Army List) [1500pts] ++

+ HQ +

Archmagos Dominus [205pts]: Augury Scanner, Cyber-familiar, Photon Thruster, Power Weapon

+ Troops +

Castellax Class Battle-Automata Maniple [240pts]: Enhanced Targeting Arrays

. Castellax class Battle-automata: 2x Bolter, Mauler Bolt Cannon, Shock Chargers

. Castellax class Battle-automata: 2x Bolter, Mauler Bolt Cannon, Shock Chargers

Castellax Class Battle-Automata Maniple [280pts]: Enhanced Targeting Arrays

. Castellax class Battle-automata: 2x Bolter, Darkfire Cannon, Shock Chargers

+ Fast Attack +

Vorax Class Battle-automata Maniple [75pts]: Bio-corrosive ammunition

. Vorax Class Battle-automata: Lightning Gun

+ Heavy Support +

Thanatar Class Siege-automata Maniple [550pts]: Enhanced Targeting Array, Paragon of Metal, Thanatar Class Siege-automata, Thanatar Class Siege-automata

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Loyalist

Legio: Legio Cybernetica

++ Total: [1500pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

I'm tempted to run some skitarii over the vorax since I have some of the models already, but peltasts seem a bit underwhelming unless I pick up a pain train to transport them.

I’m not sure about 1/3 of yer it’s being in the thanatar. So few bodies spread out and all big ‘shoot me’ targets on their back...chest, head;)

I’d tone the dominos down a lil, maybe switch out 2 castellax 5 or so of their smaller brethren and put all 3 vorax in same squad so they don’t get noped 1 by 1 and give up VPs as quick.

Maybe switch the thanatar until 2k for the paintrain and dudes for some more in your face action

I thought about the pain train and some Skittles, since I have a few skitarii, but I'm not sure how to load them out.

As for the thanatar duo, I figured I'd need something more distracting than the bots. Even if they die every game, they'll at least divert focus from the rest of the roboto brigade.

Plus it's only 1500pts. Once I jump to 2k or 2.5 I'll be running things like thallax or peltasts in transport.

maybe switch out 2 castellax 5 or so of their smaller brethren 

2x2 Castellax is the minimum mandated by Ordo Cybernetica.

I thought about the pain train and some Skittles, since I have a few skitarii, but I'm not sure how to load them out.

Keep in mind that Secutarii are not available to Ordo Cybernetica. If you want them you'll need to either change your army to Taghmata/Reductor or ally them in... which has its own problems with the Axiarch not being an IC.

IMO replace the Archmagos Dominus with two regular Dominus. One to accompany your forward units (Vorax and Mauler Castellax) and one to accompany your rear units (Thanatar and Darklance Castellax). The Archmagos Dominus is kind of overcosted garbage.

Beyond that, 20 fearless tech-thralls are cheap and let you grab a home objective. Better yet in a Triaros so they can be a real nuisance. You won't win on objectives, but you can certainly make it harder for your opponent.

Good point on the magos. The regular dudes are way cheaper.

In related news, I :cussed up and ordered three sets of three vorax instead of just three. They're crazy cheap for their size and I wasn't paying that much attention.

So now I guess I'm starting at 2000pts and running a crapload of turkeys. Not really sure how I feel about this yet. I really like the Vorax but I'm not sure if 9 is really viable haha.

Keep in mind that Secutarii are not available to Ordo Cybernetica.

So I'm not seeing anything about this in the taghmata book. Where exactly does it say I can't take Secutarii?

Meanwhile, since I have an uneccesary amount of Vorax on the way, I've modified the list to reflect the suggested changes. Check it out:

++ Crusade (Mechanicum: Taghmata Army List) [2000pts] ++

+ HQ +

Magos Dominus [95pts]: Cyber-familiar, Power axe, Volkite Serpentia

Magos Dominus [95pts]: Cyber-familiar, Power axe, Volkite Serpentia

+ Troops +

+ Fast Attack +

Vorax Class Battle-automata Maniple [240pts]: Bio-corrosive ammunition, Frag Grenades

Vorax Class Battle-automata Maniple [240pts]: Bio-corrosive ammunition, Frag Grenades

+ Heavy Support +

Thanatar Class Siege-automata Maniple [265pts]: Enhanced Targeting Array, Thanatar Class Siege-automata

Thanatar Class Siege-automata Maniple [265pts]: Enhanced Targeting Array, Thanatar Class Siege-automata

+ Allegiance +

Allegiance: Loyalist

Legio: Legio Cybernetica

++ Total: [2000pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Secutarii are from book 7, Inferno. From page 287: "Secutarii units may be included in a Taghmata Omnissiah army list and its Ordo Reductor variant [and some stuff about not filling comp troops unless there's a titan around]". So, unfortunately Legio Cybernetica got shafted.

I've built a similiar 2.000 point list and sent it in to Geno Five-Two for some input. And their biggest input was that 2 Thanatar are quite dick punchy. If that's what you want to build, ok, if not, maybe look at some Thallax cohorts?

Three words:  No scoring units.

Was about to say this.

Currently the only way you can win objective based missions, is either tabling you opponent, or getting attrition/kill the warlord/etc and praying he doesn't get any objectives. 

Maybe some tech thralls?

Three words: No scoring units.

Was about to say this.

Currently the only way you can win objective based missions, is either tabling you opponent, or getting attrition/kill the warlord/etc and praying he doesn't get any objectives.

Maybe some tech thralls?

Yeah I was well aware of the lack of scoring from the start. I'd originally planned to run thallax as objective grabbing units to take me to 2k, but I'm sure I can proxy a few skitarii as thralls until I make my next purchase.

Archived