Drop pods

TheAlchemist

I think the combo of a point drop, the suggestion of 6" deployment from enemies trade off for no charging, and a Strategem could work.

Strategem suggestion. 1 CP Steel Rain - a drop pod in your army may deploy anywhere on the board 9" away from enemies on the first turn.

You're far better off getting a supreme command detachment of 3 Inquisitors and putting them in the Pod.

And Inquisitors are the same cost as librarians on foot if I am remembering correctly. At least they are the same as Primaris which cannot use drop pods. :p So maybe that won't work. They are the same price as DeathWatch librarians though I was thinking of dropping in like 8 librarians on someone for some good ole smite spam. But the new smite rule is really rough against that.

Inquisitors are 55 points or so.

85 for Greyfax and 125 for Eisenhorn and Cherubael is a steal.

I know it won't happen... but I keep hoping they will bring back scatter die and templates in chapter approved.

When I go to sleep every night I pray for this. Plopping down ordnance templates was the most fun part!

I know it won't happen... but I keep hoping they will bring back scatter die and templates in chapter approved.

When I go to sleep every night I pray for this. Plopping down ordnance templates was the most fun part!

Gonna have nightmares about guessing the barrage ranges now...

Eh, I'm glad that scatter is gone (waaay too much room for folks to argue over positioning). But it would be nice if they did more to address the issues that template removal caused by making hordes so much more difficult to remove...

Yeah, I loved games hitting dice down at the top of 1 because someone thought maxing out wyverns was a good idea.

the suggestion of 6" deployment from enemies trade off for no charging, and a Strategem could work.

Some of  us Templars like being able to charge out of a drop pod.

I do that a lot, especially with dreads out of a Lucius.

Archived