ETL: Assemble the Legion!

Chaplain Raeven

Greetings Unforgiven. We are about to embark on a Crusade against our brothers and sisters (and some traitors/xeno's) of the B&C-forums. The E Tenebrae Lux is upon us and we require the full strength of the Legion to achieve victory. Will you stand by the side of your Brothers or will you allow our adversaries to walk over us?

The biggest annual painting event, E Tenebrae Lux, is about to start in a couple of weeks. You can find more information about the event itself in this thread. If you have units that have been begging for a layer of paint for some while, this event might be just the thing for you

The ETL is a special event for us Dark Angels. Captain Semper, our greatest Commander, is the architect of this wonderfull event that originated from this part of the forum. We managed to achieve victory during ETL II, while the last two editions were less in our favour. In both ETL IV and ETL V Chaos managed to win the events while the Dark Angels placed 6th out of 7 factions. I say it's time to rise up from the depths where we are right now and claim back our rightful place in the rankings.

The hobby isn't just about painting, but about assembling the actual models itself as well. Assembly of the models aren't relevant during the ETL, only the painting. A model is eligible for vowing when it's still on unpainted on sprue, assembled & primed or anything in between these two states. 

We can start preparing for the fight by making sure we lose as little time as possible during the event itself. We can do this by my preparing our vows NOW. So open those untouched boxes, snip of the pieces from the sprue and start glueing. The goal of this thread is to motivate you to have an actual force ready before the start of the event, even though it will be a grey plastic/ primed army. If we can start this event by just painting units/models and not waste time building them, we'll have a huge advantage. Unclog those bottles of glue and sharpen your hobby knives ladies and gents, we're about to start our Crusade.

So post below all your preparations for the ETL. Your plans, your conversions and all of your assembled models. Flood the thread with our future reinforcements!

If a mod has additional/better information or a better gift with the word, feel free to hijack my initial post.

My initial plan is to paint the Redemptor dread I have assembled and ready.  I'd also like to get my Aggressors completed as part of vow no.1, though these are from sprue.  I'll hopefully post a pic of the Redemptor tonight.

For the time being, I will just leave it here... I might not end up pledging for Dark Angels this year due to starting 2nd army, but if I do, this will be the cornerstone of the pledge.

TYNJhl0.jpg

a stormraven gunship - lets hope my skill will the blade has improved or else it will get bloody.

gallery_86236_11073_2263.jpg

This is the "unpainted" rest of Dark Angel army. They most definitely need a bath. 3 veterans a chaplain and an old Chapter master.

gallery_86236_11073_51233.jpg

One black knight squad and one lieutenant built and primed.

med_gallery_74577_9223_112569.jpeg

In the last ETL I painted a three man black knight squad so this is actually a bigger vow.

Alright, I more or less figured out my intentions. I'm going to split all into 5 vows:

Vow 1:

- LE Captain in TDA with Grenade Powerfist. If his datasheet from 7th hasn't been updated, he'll become a random HQ in TDA instead.

- 5 Tartaros Terminators

- Deimos Rhino

Vow 2:

- Primaris Lieutenant

- 5 Intercessors

- Deimos Rhino

Vow 3

- Primaris HQ (Haven't decided yet

- 5 Intercessors

- Deimos Rhino

Vow 4

- Primaris HQ

- Venerable dreadnought with AC & Powerfist

Vow 5

- Whatever I buy on impulse in Nottingham next month

- Or Cypher as an OOC

This should fill up my army nicely. I'll have 80+ footsloggers in the army when these buggers are painted.

EDIT: Let's throw in a picture of what I have at the moment, since fraters love pictures.

gallery_92826_13417_73701.jpg

Vow 5

- Or Cypher as an OOC

Cypher is actually codex compliant Primaris Lieutenant :) They can have Power sword instead of bolter and can take plasma pistol in addition to their bolt pistol.

Just sayin', don't waste those points ;)

Vow 5

- Or Cypher as an OOC

Cypher is actually codex compliant Primaris Lieutenant :smile.: They can have Power sword instead of bolter and can take plasma pistol in addition to their bolt pistol.

Just sayin', don't waste those points :wink:

Good to know! Maybe I should buy a Codex, since I have no idea which loadouts are legal and which aren't.

Vow 5

- Or Cypher as an OOC

Cypher is actually codex compliant Primaris Lieutenant :smile.: They can have Power sword instead of bolter and can take plasma pistol in addition to their bolt pistol.

Just sayin', don't waste those points :wink:

Stobbz, just saying, there's someone here who needs to have a "chat" in Chamber 42! Bring out the "tea and biscuits".

Yesterday I got a new can of primer, so I'll finish up my vows tonight. I'll have to build more bases and I'll be ready to go.

Vow 1:

10 man Hellblaster squad

Vow 2: 

10 tactical Marines 

Maybe a vow 3:

Azrael

I'll aim for 2, they should be possible, barring work f'ing me over, but there will be enough to vow more.

I'm working on painting a tournament list so will align my vows to what I'm painting for the list that is only built and primed at the moment. Will work on gettng the stuff I've started painting done in the next two weeks so I can focus on the vows after.

Vow 1:

Azrael (Built and primed, dropped and broken, need to repin)

Watcher with Lions Helm (Built and primed)

Chapter Ancient (Built and primed)

2x Missile Devs (Built and primed)

Armorium Cherub (Built)

Vow 2:

5x Bolter Scouts (Built)

1x Shotgun Scout (Built)

Vow 3:

10x Hellblasters (Built, might add some more DA flair)

Vow 4: (not part of tournament list)

Darkshroud (Needs to be glued together, all pieces already cut out and cleaned)

By better you mean... better looking, more point efficient, more tactically useful? :unsure.:

Plasma blaster is the answer to all the above! :tongue.:

Yeah, I realised a bit later that the question was silly. A DA with the choice between Plasma and Volkite has no real choice.

GRC, always go dual lightning claws! Looks epic!

10 tartaros with dual claws is a dream of mine...

True, but I already turned all my Catapractii into Lightning clawed monster, since I simple LOVE the brutal claws of them. I need some ranged guys to go along with them. And what do you mean by dream? You can get them in store! You know, there is an painting event coming up, you could get some Tartaros and vow them :biggrin.:

gallery_92826_13391_173435.jpg

Ive finally decided to go with Dark Angels as I have a large army already and this will be a good time to add some  primaris into the army. Also the fact that my other favourite army hasn't got a codex yet (Space wolves) helped me decide as ill wait to see how that codex pans out.

Currently I have :

Primaris Captain

2 squads of 10 intercesssors

1 Hellblaster Squad

1 Agressor squad.

I still need to hunt through my other models to see what else I can add to this.

But I also want to add some more primaris with interceptors, chaplain, librarian and some reivers.

Figured I would return to the chapter of my birth for this year's ETL, and do some more of the larger Primaris marines for some easier painting (I hope). I have the following built with no undercoat / base coat yet, sitting in a tub awaiting the start of the event:

VOW 1:

• Primaris Lieutenant (Zakariah) (81pts)
  • 10 Intercessors with Stalker pattern Bolt Rifles (200pts)
  • 5 Reivers with Bolt Carbines (90pts)
  • Vow Total: 371 pts

VOW 2:

• Primaris Lieutenant (Zakariah, converted) (81pts)
  • 10 Hellblasters with Heavy Plasma Incinerators (350pts)
  • 5 Reivers with Grav Chutes, Combat Blades and Heavy Bolt Pistol (100pts)
  • Vow Total: 531 pts

VOW 3:

• Primaris Ancient (Dark Imperium) (69 pts) 
  • 3 Inceptors with Plasma Exterminators (177 pts) 
  • 3 Inceptors with Assault Bolters (Dark Imperium) (135 pts)
  • 3 Aggressors with Boltstorm Gauntlets and Fragstorm Grenade Launchers (141 pts)
  • Total Vow: 522 pts

Should I somehow get through those three vows (which I would personally be impressed with)  I do have another box of Intercessors waiting to be built. I'll also be trying my hand at some writing throughout this ETL too, as I have an idea for a story around these guys that I'd like to expand upon. 

Archived