ETL: Assemble the Legion!

Chaplain Raeven

@Lost: I vote green. I just built one mysef for ETL and plan to paint it green, as I leave bone just for veteran/vernerable stuff.

I have a green regular Land Raider, but if I build a crusader it will be bone. I have a regular green dreadnought, but if I build a venerable it will be bone

@Lost: I vote buy another 2, one of each colour!  (I do favour green too though).

@Stobz:  You're braver than me, I almost added a few extra units to my first vow in shame!

Nice to see the threads are ticking over with a decent amount of excitement.

Slackius Ultimus

Man, I was going for Maximilius Slackius. Now I'll have to find something new.

Keep it, this way Brother Stobz has more options to choose from!

Slackius Ultimus

Man, I was going for Maximilius Slackius. Now I'll have to find something new.

Keep it, this way Brother Stobz has more options to choose from!

Imma throw Prokrastinatius Gravis in the basket.

Poor Stobz, Elmo and Arkley finally stopped harassing him, now the rest of the subforum picked up the habit.

I would think Elmo and Arkley would be proud of us for upholding a DA tradition

What I want to know is, Stobz, do you feel honoured or harassed, seeing as we’ve effectively derailed this thread in your name? :D

I'm going to try to vow over 3,000 as I managed that in a month on the last ETL. I vowed a similar amount the second vow but then my son being born early over in america and me going over there for three weeks derailed it completely.

if I make use of my airbrush I can't see why I couldn't do that if I concentrate on dark Angels and forget the lure of painting other things during the vow.

Though I may be able to find a few more models if my definitions of only up to undercoat is wrong. I'm viewing every model up to primed as vow ready. I do have some terminators undercoated sand after being primed black but I assume these wouldn't be allowed for the vow?

I certainly wont be hitting the 2000pt mark, but I am aiming for 1000+ this year

med_gallery_71758_11985_85614.jpg

So this here is what I have planned for the ETL, minus one typhoon, which is already assembled. Still to be built are a 10 man tactical squad, a 5 man devastator squad, a typhoon, an apothecary, and all the primaris from DI. I also have a darkshroud, but I dont know if it will be done in time. As my guys are AoA, I have a bit of an issue with the more DA "unique" items, such as Sammaels Corvex, and in this case the Icons of Old Caliban. So Im trying to convert this into a chaplain-mobile, with a rockin' speaker system in place of the Icon. Just trying to figure out what I want the system to look like, but time is running out.

My first vow Im thinking will be the pair of typhoons and the 5 man devastator squad. 2nd vow will be the tactical squad, apothecary and darkshroud if its ready. Subsequent vows, if I get that far, will be primaris guys of one flavour or another.

I'm going to try to vow over 3,000 as I managed that in a month on the last ETL. I vowed a similar amount the second vow but then my son being born early over in america and me going over there for three weeks derailed it completely.

if I make use of my airbrush I can't see why I couldn't do that if I concentrate on dark Angels and forget the lure of painting other things during the vow.

Though I may be able to find a few more models if my definitions of only up to undercoat is wrong. I'm viewing every model up to primed as vow ready. I do have some terminators undercoated sand after being primed black but I assume these wouldn't be allowed for the vow?

To my knowledge it's legit to submit, as you could have just primed them in that color instead of doing black first. As Captain Semper said in the other warm-up thread for the ETL, if it was illegit, black would have an advantage over other colors.

My ravenwing are primed black my greenwing vow primed green. If you get to that point with a spray can or a brush it’s still the same stage.

Archived