ETL: Assemble the Legion!

Chaplain Raeven

SO where do we officially post our vows, and are we able to post them before the 1st of may, or do we have to wait till that day?    Was thinking of getting a good WIP shot of my vow on sunday if possible, at least by monday.  I just have to finish assembling some stuff.   Just not sure if I want to put all the unpainted stuff in one vow, or split it into two vows just to be safe. 

There will be a new dedicated thread in every relevant sub forum on May 1st, where we will make our vows, and post our before and finished pics.

It’s strongly recommended to break your vow up into 2 or more smaller ones. You never know what hiccups life might throw at you, and it’s better to have 1 small vow completed than have 1 large vow failed

@Rizara: as Greenz correctly said, the event will start on May 1st. At that time there would be and ETL dedicated thread opened in each Forum specifically for this purpose (vowing and posting pics). You just have to wait... :)

I've decided I'm going to have the Dark Vengeance Terminator squad and  the Terminator captain from the start collecting space marines box as my vow as they're the only things I've got primed at the moment. :biggrin.:

I'm in for ~1500pts for my first vow. I bought some leadbelcher spray today and basecoated 26 Intercessors, ancient, and redemptor. Whilst performing a tidy up and stocktake I relocated ~50 or so Terminators of various flavour which can/might be used for subsequent vows.

Cheers,

Jono

I spontaneous decided to use white primer after testing the green and bone primer. They spit out thick blobs.

Haven't used them for a while :sweat:

So I plan to go with bone and green, 5th company.  Let's see if that works out. If not I have to get another gunship:ph34r.:

My apologies, as this isn’t directly towards the building of vows. But I just want to say, before this thread possibly gets closed for the ETL, I absolutely love how between the ETL and the old threads being closed, all of these veteran DA threads are opening back up! Keep it up guys and girls!

After i have some still grey miniatures on my desc thirsting for paint i decided to throw my brush into the ring too.

But even after reading the regarding posts i have still some small questions. I would be glad if you can help me with that.

I am planing to include the following Units into my first vow:

• One unit of 10 Hellblasters
  • One Predator
  • Azrael

So my question is: do I have to make all vows from the start of the ETL on or can I do aditional ones after finshing my first one?

So for example after I had finished the above units I have still time til the end of the 3 month and decide to make a second vow for  a unit of DWK for example. Is this correct?

You may never have two vows outstanding at the same time. You must first complete your first vows before you proceed to make a second one. You can do up to 5 such vows provided you have left over time from the 3 month duration of the event. :)

You may never have two vows outstanding at the same time. You must first complete your first vows before you proceed to make a second one. You can do up to 5 such vows provided you have left over time from the 3 month duration of the event. :smile.:

Ok, thank you. 

I am so looking forward to ETL

In anticipation, I've finally cleaned up my hobby desk.

zkeLkmA.jpg

In the center you can see my first vow

I got some new brushes. Maybe some of details will be crisper going forward.

kUZU71N.jpg

So pumped. FOR THE LION!

Did you guys too start work on your vows yesterday? I was so thrilled to get cracking on my knight I went over all the green areas with Caliban green, as the sprayed color was too far from the one in the bottle. It was about an hour worth of work. I won't be painting tonight, I'm afraid, but hopefully will get onwards tomorrow.

Did you guys too start work on your vows yesterday? I was so thrilled to get cracking on my knight I went over all the green areas with Caliban green, as the sprayed color was too far from the one in the bottle. It was about an hour worth of work. I won't be painting tonight, I'm afraid, but hopefully will get onwards tomorrow.

No, was too busy finalizing my D&D campaing setting :( But I am nearing at least the build completion! :)

You have until June 1st to submit your visit vow and enter. Plenty of time! After that I believe it’s considered out of competition

You have until June 1st to submit your visit vow and enter. Plenty of time! After that I believe it’s considered out of competition

Thats awesome, just came home from a longer than expected trip and thought I missed the ETL deadline. Lucky me :rolleyes:

Archived