FAQ release today.

Capt. Mytre

Pretty sure we can still use goi and shunt first turn as the rule only effects things coming on as a reserve?

exactly 

the rule says deployed within deployment zone, then during movement or psychic phase you can obvious move out of your deployment zone

meaning goi and shunt work fine, then bring in the rest of your heavy hitters on turn 2 who are still in orbit. 

I'm not seeing the "big problem" here,

not to mention a Stormraven with Draigo + Paladins + Apothecary can reach across most of the board and smash on turn 1

In this context, deployed = set on the battlefield and has no connection to "deployment" term we are used too. The keywords here are "arrive on the battlefield". It clearly restricts any way of arriving on the battlefield outside of players deployment zone t1. 

not to mention a Stormraven with Draigo + Paladins + Apothecary can reach across most of the board and smash on turn 1

Unless stormraven is taken down when your opponent has first turn, which is pretty common. 

Pretty sure we can still use goi and shunt first turn as the rule only effects things coming on as a reserve?

exactly 

the rule says deployed within deployment zone, then during movement or psychic phase you can obvious move out of your deployment zone

meaning goi and shunt work fine, then bring in the rest of your heavy hitters on turn 2 who are still in orbit. 

I'm not seeing the "big problem" here,

GoI is 1 unit (and can be failed/denied). Shunt is limited to Interceptors and NDK's once per game.

You cannot exit a transport after it has moved, so it would be minimum turn 2 for Draigo/paladins/apoth, as well as broadcasting what you intend to do for them to react to.

Combine this with half your armies power level being deployed, it's strictly a nerf that reduces our armies choices, and we were already in a weak position.

Can someone ask on facebook about where the :cuss are our faq please? I don't have facebook.

I just did. Waiting for a reply. Mentioned we are the smallest, oldest, worst faq and worst faction that just received yet another nerf with the alpha strike beta rule. Doubt I’ll get a response other than send your feedback to:

GWFAQCOMMENTS@dropdeadgreyknightswehateyou.com

Rules uses sets up twice. GoI and Shunt remove the unit from the board and sets them up again.

Both are bounded by the new beta rule.

And I'll disagree. It's not what it says.

Rules uses sets up twice. GoI and Shunt remove the unit from the board and sets them up again.

Both are bounded by the new beta rule.

And I'll disagree. It's not what it says.

I agree with you and so does my gaming group... WhatsApps a bit crazy with 40 of us talking lol...they are already deployed so no reserve rule. Still we have to think of what the rest of the army can do to assist. If only we had forgeworld dreads etc...

Despite my infinite disappointment, we've got certain benefits: Smite on 4+ confirmed and we have now 8 CP with battalion, which means we can use our core stratagems more freely. While one beta-rule completely destroys us, other nerfs hated soup armies. This is not even close to trying to fix us, but I must admit, except new Reserves, we benefit from FAQ.

But the very fact that GW ignored all our feedback except smite beta-rules is humiliation for me as Grey Knight player. We were the ones that needed update most of all and ended among few ones that didn't get it. 

GK is definitely not the "worst" faction, try playing Black Templars... :([/quote

Nevermind. I am not going to turn this into a pissing contest over who is worse. I am not happy with GK playability. End of story.

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/754991.page#9930199

Someone is claiming more is coming, this is Part I of the Big FAQ.

I'm not going to back to the livestream while I'm this upset. Can someone confirm or deny?

No. I don’t believe it. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Maybe, GK is not worst faction, but definitely the worst (and with new beta rules undoubtably weakest too) codex now.

Maybe, GK is not worst faction, but definitely the worst (and with new beta rules undoubtably weakest too) codex now.

This.

Ok, just explain me one thing - which army had so strong alpha-deepstrike, so they decided to nerf it? Crisis Suits? Oblitarators/terminators? Death Company? Letterbomb? Were they more broken than screened gunline (that I personaly consider the main censer of 8th)?

Blood angels, Chaos Marines, Scions, Tyranid Hive Tyrants.

Playing against any of the above was basically, hey you like playing this game? Well, nothing you do matters, since the opponent is going to drop in and Attack you no matter where you are, and there's nothing you can do to mitigate it. Have fun!

And screened gunline isn't that hard to fight. I don't understand the hate for it.

The reason is simple - I never manage to get past screen without suffering heavy losses. Screen eats everything - smites, charges, rapid fire. If gunline can somehow move without penalties or fallback, this is always gg for me. If there is a hole, and I can get past it, when the game is mine. But this scouts/cultist/rangers alway spoils me everything. 

Archived