Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Big FAQ release today.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
351 replies to this topic

Capt. Mytre

Capt. Mytre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 272 posts

Announced here.

Will be released in about 30 minutes from this post.

Live FB Stream is up here

Stream notes:

• +1 to warp charge requirement for consecutive Smites (not -1 roll). Grey Knights and Thousands Sons except from this rule. Matched Play only.
  • You can only target a Character model if it is the closest model. Characters don't block you from shooting other characters. Matched Play only.
  • Command points increased for Battalions (3 > 5) and Brigades (9 > 12).
  • Ignoring wound saves changed to just a single FNP save. No more stacking. Intention was to speed up the game.
  • Some point changes: Robot Girlyman increased. Dark Reapers increased. Flying Hive Tyrant increased.
  • Guide line suggestions for events updated: Rule of Three - use the same data sheet 3 times - troops and transports exempt.
  • BETA RULES:
    • Soup adjustments: If you have a battle forged army, you can no longer use Chaos/Imperium/Tyranid or Aeldari keywords in the same detachment. Exceptions for various units, SoS/Legionaries(?might have been Inquisitors?)/Assassins. Can take these units without needing a HQ choice in a Vanguard detachment.
    • Alpha strike adjustments: Fully half your army needs to be deployed on the battlefield, points/power level wise. If you deepstrike on the first turn, it can only land in your deployment zone. Exceptions include Genestealer cults.
  • FAQ for recent codexes included.
  • Forgeworld units adjusted.

Stream Finished

PDF: https://whc-cdn.game...Q_1_2018_en.pdf

Edited by Capt. Mytre, 16 April 2018 - 04:28 PM.

Sete

Sete

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,039 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars/Grey Talons
Noice.
Curious to see the changes. Keep it updated to those that can't follow the stream :)

Edited by Sete, 16 April 2018 - 02:45 PM.

• Black Orange likes this

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,698 posts

makes some popcorn to go with the salty tears

• The Nephilim and Juggernut like this

G8Keeper

G8Keeper

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 347 posts
  • Faction: Angels Repentant

40kers across the globe change the tides with a giant collective intake of breath!

ETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_02_.jpgETL_Medal_01.gif

sfPanzer

sfPanzer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 11,900 posts
  • Faction: Knights of Baal
Oh boy. I know I shouldn't but I'm kinda excited to see what took them so long.

Edited by sfPanzer, 16 April 2018 - 02:58 PM.

• Brother Cristopher likes this

Disclaimer:

If my posts appear rude to you, I apologize. It's not meant to be rude in any way, it's just the way folks are in my country. It's really more about being direct than being rude. I know how it's perceived in the english speaking community and I already try to tone it down but I barely notice when it's too much since it's normal for me.

So yeah, I'm really not rude it's basically just cultural differences that act against me here. Again, I apologize.

gallery_62972_10568_7658.jpgbFk9acX.pnggallery_62972_14467_40478.pnggallery_62972_10568_4118.jpg

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,735 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment...

...then again I play BA, there is always hope in the darkness...

• Zamtro likes this

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

Tyriks

Tyriks

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,199 posts
I'm excited.

Juggernut

Juggernut

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,603 posts
  • Faction: The Brass Stampede
I like when they shake things up! Hopefully for the best.
  • Ghostinnashell likes this

jd71B4p.jpgMFgjOT4.jpgjd71B4p.jpg

DreamIsCollapsing

DreamIsCollapsing

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 385 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's Children

Do you think there will be new rules ? Or is it just point cost ? 

I looked down the sights of my rifle, my target looked back. It's eyes were all the eyes I'd ever loved. They promised everything I could ever want. Love, comfort, safety. An end to this nightmare. I felt my will draining out of me, entranced by those eyes.

Profil pic by Qsy draw a lot

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,698 posts

Do you think there will be new rules ? Or is it just point cost ? 

More rules tweaks than points changes. In the WHC post announcing the FAQ schedule they said the semi-annual FAQs would be about adjusting units and Chapter Approved for overall points changes. I doubt that means we won't see any points changes in this - just they will be few and very judicious, with Chapter Approved being more of an "across the board" evaluation of points costs for everything.

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,698 posts

Stream is live!

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,698 posts

They realized they were making changes too quickly/reactively early on in 8E, thus the decision to go to the new schedule.

Delay after Adepticon was in part due to the need to test and translate everything they changed.

Summary article going up along with FAQs.

Indefragable

Indefragable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,735 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

"WIthin the next half-hour to hour (11:38 EDT here) there will be a summary article on warhammer-community.com as well as links to the actual FAQs."

"External playtesters" reviewed the proposed changes before being finalized.

Take as you will so far.

First off from stream:

Changes to Matched Play Rules

Smite:

"Some armies can go a bit overboard with it which is not fun for the other player."

Also a lot of armies that have Smite-like powers (name dropped Zoanthropes)

+1 to the Warp Charge requirement each time you catch it up to a max of WC11. Roll of 11 or 12 will always work (and give you the D6 MW).

Name dropped Grey Knights and Thousand Sons that have "ringfenced" abilities/units that will less/not affected by the above.

Targetting Characters

You could previously "Rhino-scape" characters. Now, you can only target characters if there are no other enemy units closer and you have LoS. No more weirdly positioning units to try to finagle the wording of the rule.

Characters don't shield other characters.

Basically just fixed the wording to make RAI jell with RAW.

Command Points:

Feedback was that it's hard to generate "satisfying" number of CP when playing Mono armies.

Upping the # of CP's for Battalion and Brigades.

Changing how these things work: armies that it's VERY easy to build a Brigade (sounds like IG/Nids?) will now find it slightly harder, while mono-faction (Custodes and single-force SM specifically named) will find it easier overall.

Battalions are now 5 CP

Brigades are now 12 CP

Stackability of saves-after-saves

You only get one "after-save". So if you fail a wound, you can only pick one way of saving after a failed save. I.e. Pick Disgustingly Resilient OR some other source of Feel No Pain.

Intention is that it really slowed the game down to have large units that rolled TONS of dice for layers of saves.

Unit point changes

Roboute Guilliman is going up

Dark Reapers are going up

Flying Hive Tyrants are going up "slightly"

"No unit has gone up so much that it makes it unusable. If you are only using 1 or 2 of something you shouldn't notice it, but if you are relying solely on a single unit, then you'll feel it."

Official GW Guide for Tournaments

Not required, but kind of like the Matched Play section in the BRB, this is a list of recommendations from the Devs that can be consulted specifically for tournaments. Idea is not to make sweeping changes to Matched Play, but rather specifically "help" make high-level competitive play more diverse and interesting.

Rule of 3:

You can only use the same datasheet 3 times in your army, no ifs, ands, or buts. Exception is Troops and Dedicated Transports.

They seem to have a sense of humor about this: "it's a time-honored tradition to take the best of something and then take as many of that something as you possibly can. We want to make it a bit more interesting and diverse. You can STILL take 3 Flying Hive Tyrants."

Forgeworld

Some FW units are covered in/by the FAQ's. Did not specify which.

UPCOMING BETA RULES

(they want community feedback on these before officially implementing)

Soup:

"To counter-act the law of Unintended Consequences, you will now eliminate the Imperium, Chaos, Tyranid, or Aeldari -level keywords. Sorry, but Magnus and Mortarion were never the best of friends anyways.

Specific units will have exceptions (like Assassins it sounded like? did not hear the specific ones).

1st Turn:

Attempts to ameliorate the all-or-nothing aspect of Alpha Strikes.

"My Tesseract Vault got destroyed by Hellblasters in a single round of shooting."

Fully half your army has to start on the table (measured by both PL and points)

Anything that arrives from Reserves on the 1st Turn can only come in in your Deployment Zone (bye bye Blood Angels, Deathwing, Mawlocs, etc...maybe? See below)

Meant to make more interesting decisions and make the game a bit more interesting for longer

HOLD UP: ....SOME exceptions such as for Genestealer Cults because that's how their whole Faction is meant to work

As of 12:12 EDT/05:12 BST they said they were logging off the live stream "for a bit" to try to help with Warhammer-community.com being down due to bandwidth (I'm not Network Engineer, so not sure how that works).

Did not take any questions since "most will probably be answered by the FAQ itself..." .....we will see...

Hidden Content

Edited by Indefragable, 16 April 2018 - 04:01 PM.

• Warhead01, Interrogator Stobz, shandwen and 1 other like this

Call me Indy. It's less syllables.

gallery_93095_13980_27776.jpgETL_VI_Banner_Primus_Interpares_Astartes

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,698 posts

Customer feedback from emails, FB comments, etc all taken into account along with competive event results an such.

Gentlemanloser

Gentlemanloser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 14,653 posts

Boo a Facebook post from Warhammer TV said the FAQs would be up at 4.30. :(

QUOTE (Seahawk @ Jul 30 2011, 05:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We all feel different ways about different rules, but if you're traveling between different gaming groups or to tournaments, the only commonality is the rules as they are written. If you can get your opponent to agree with you on house-ruling something then that changes things, but until then all we can do is go by how things are written.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,518 posts

Smite change is in effect.

GK + 1KSons UNAFFECTED.

• Tyriks, burningsky25 and Kite Senet like this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,662 posts
  • Faction: Pretty much all of them!

First actual point: Smite "ringfenced" for Grey Knights and Thousand Sons, the nerf from the beta ruling won't affect them.

gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_30096.jpg

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,698 posts

Matched play Changes:

Smite is +1 to WC each time, not -1 to roll (so it doesn't get easier to Deny), max of 11. Still does D6 on 11+.  Grey Knight and 1K Sons Brotherhood psykers exempt. So full psyker Smite still subject, but the unit-based mini-Smites aren't.

Matched Play: Character targeting changes is official, with some tightening of wording.

Edited by wildweasel, 16 April 2018 - 03:32 PM.

Charlo

Charlo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 18,518 posts

Battallion + Brigade give MORE CP!

This is to help elite armies.

3 up to 5

9 up to 12

Edited by Charlo, 16 April 2018 - 03:36 PM.

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,698 posts

Battalion is 5 CP
Brigade is 12 CP

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,662 posts

Command Points:

• Very hard to generate a satisfying number of command points if you were playing "mono" builds i.e. Custodes, single Space Marine chapters
  • They think stratagems are "one of the coolest aspects of the new edition" so they want people to be able to use them
  • Batallions now give 5CP
  • Brigades now give 12 CP

gallery_84244_11417_18892.jpggallery_84244_11417_880.gifgallery_84244_11417_1545.gifgallery_84244_11417_3775.gifgallery_84244_11417_2850.gifgallery_84244_11417_1641.gifgallery_84244_11417_2552.gifgallery_84244_11417_30096.jpg

wildweasel

wildweasel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,698 posts

FnP "ignore wound abilities" don't stack at all - just roll the best.

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,471 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

Yea because its not like people just took filler guard battalions for more CP in imperial lists...

Wasn't the feel no pain stacking showcased explicitly for iron hands and venerable dreads? Like it was a feature they were excited to show? Was there that much abuse of stacking feel no pain that they decided it was nerfable?

Edited by SkimaskMohawk, 16 April 2018 - 03:40 PM.

• Iron Father Ferrum and Lord Marshal like this

Halandaar

Halandaar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,662 posts

Ignoring Wounds

• You only get one "final" save; i.e Disgustingly Resilient doesn't stack with anything else that allows models to ignore wounds, you just choose the best one and use that.

FearPeteySodes

FearPeteySodes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,107 posts

Lol im glad i get some CP again but my meta is all infinite CP guard...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users