Big FAQ & Drukhari Errata Now Available

Halandaar

I think wych cults are very solid now, lots of reavers to tie units up backed by wyches to finish them off sounds like a solid list, you'll just need raiders for all the wyches. Any kabal support you bring can handle firepower. 

I think wych cults are very solid now, lots of reavers to tie units up backed by wyches to finish them off sounds like a solid list, you'll just need raiders for all the wyches. Any kabal support you bring can handle firepower. 

Exactly so, I think each aspect of the DE "triumvirate" offers a piece of the whole that can give you a potentially winning army.  Cults bring the massed melee attacks, Covens bring the durability and staying power for objectives/long brawls, and Kabals bring the firepower.  All three are mobile and can be sculpted to handle different targets, so really maxing out your 3 Detachments (assuming your environment keeps this restriction) is a very good idea.

FWIW, I don't mind the Battalion buffs since our HQs/Troops are cheap enough to spam and the tax is worth the investment.  While this does somewhat nerf taking multiple Patrols, the overall gain in CP is a fair trade for me.  Other Beta changes are generally acceptable, and the Smite nerf is only a good thing for us.

The troops aren't the tax, it's the craptastic HQs if you aren't handing them relics.  Well, the Succubus is fine since they are cheap and worst case scenario can function as a min-strength Wych squad, and Haemonculus is probably fine too (since you're probably taking Urien and then giving the other a relic like helmet or mask or pistol), but Archons are kind of poodoo after the first one except for the Black Heart Writ Ravager commander.  I wish Drazhar didn't suck, he'd make a decent second HQ for those Kabal Battalions.

Archived