FAQ Impact

SkimaskMohawk

The Spewer is an awesomely cool change :biggrin.:

What was so OP about the trees? Can some diseased brother fill me in?

Maybe people used them to plug up paths between other terrain via the deep strike stratagem or something? Not sure what the GW guys encountered in their games to add that restriction lol

They can still be used to block paths. Now people will simply summon a tree rather than spending a point on them.

The Spewer is an awesomely cool change :biggrin.:

What was so OP about the trees? Can some diseased brother fill me in?

Maybe people used them to plug up paths between other terrain via the deep strike stratagem or something? Not sure what the GW guys encountered in their games to add that restriction lol

They can still be used to block paths. Now people will simply summon a tree rather than spending a point on them.

Nah that's not the point. They now have to leave at least a 1" space to other terrain when they set up a tree. I mean I'm just guessing anyway.

Forgot to check the Forgeworld FAQ

Spartans get Machine spirit - good

Dreadclaw can take Decimators, more clear restriction on what Dreads can go in- good, bad if you used chaos helbrute to cheat in a Leviathan.

Kharybdis cleared up to Legion Infantry- no real change

Contemptor, leviathan and deredeo can't use fire frenzy - good, because I'm tired of explaining the keyword vs unit thing lol

I always thought the tree was treated as terrain. Since the closest thing to it is a wood I figured anyone or anything could just move through it as they liked. I might actually use them again for 85 points if this is true. Can anyone tell me where the rules state you may not move through it?

More on topic I just finished my 5th and 6th Crawlers haha. Never mind, I look forward to trying new stuff out. 

You cannot phase trough a gnawmarl like you do a ruin wall, since the datasbeet dosent have that rule.

Ot is not a delimited area like the wood is, its a full model.

But you should be able to go up and over it like any terrain feature.

Nah that's not the point. They now have to leave at least a 1" space to other terrain when they set up a tree. I mean I'm just guessing anyway.

Aye. That's fine. I only need a single Gnarlmaw to ruin a local sister player's list... or perhaps some nurglings.

The thing about the new FAQ that I'm happy about the most is the changes to the number of CPs you get for battalions I always like to use a single battalion for my army as I more prefer being able to include everything I like in a single force compared to taking multiple dettachments which then makes me have to take more tax units I don't really want to field just to get more CPs. With 5 CPs for a battalion now it means I can use more of the stratagems with my DG army which tends to be a heavily infantry based force supported by walkers so I can use more of the stratagems that suit my force

The rule of 3 hurt me - I have 5 Foetid Bloat Drones on my hobby desk and a 6th on it's way. Still, I can use them in narrative games and I have a mix of gear so they're still good to have as options. 

It only hurts a little - assuming you only have 3 already done, you can take 3 per datasheet, so 9 total.

Admittedly it's a little less flexible than running them solo, but it is it really that bad?

Supposedly, some people would nominate the Gnarlmaw as their Warlord. This has now been dealt with.

lol

That's something I didn't even think about. People are weird at times ... but it's fun to imagine a whole army listening to the 'commands' of a tree. :D

Supposedly, some people would nominate the Gnarlmaw as their Warlord. This has now been dealt with.

lol

That's something I didn't even think about. People are weird at times ... but it's fun to imagine a whole army listening to the 'commands' of a tree. :biggrin.:

"No slaying the warlord for you!"

Archived