Iron Hands Venerable Dreadnought - will you reconsider?

Wargamer

I haven’t been using venerable dreadnoughts, but it’s made my chapter master a fair bit less survivable. I ran the tenacious survivor trait (+1wound, an additional 6+), to represent our unwillingness to die, as all proper sons of Ferrus should be. Now I have to rethink that. Sure, +1 wound is nice, but without that extra 6+ I feel like he may be better served with Imperium’s sword now. Until then, Shogun Kamakura may not be seeing the table for a while.

I think I will be dropping a number of Redemptors during the next year, though, even if they’re the ETB ones. Cheap dreads with lots of firepower; what’s not to like, and pretty hardy.

I hope GW reverses the FNP stack rule, or makes it more favorable to us.

We need to be sure to email blast GW about this. Perhaps we will get a final version which becomes like a FNP (stacking) bonus for each iteration, hopefully they would cap it at a 5+++ otherwise we could see a 4+++ Mortarion...(Disgustingly Resilient+Warlord Trait)

We need to be sure to email blast GW about this. Perhaps we will get a final version which becomes like a FNP (stacking) bonus for each iteration, hopefully they would cap it at a 5+++ otherwise we could see a 4+++ Mortarion...(Disgustingly Resilient+Warlord Trait)

Or a 3+++ Bray'arth Ashmantle.....

• 2 months later...
Now that Venerable Dreads, while still good, don't benefit from IH tactics, would you take a Contemptor or Ironclad Dreadnought? My gut says the Contemptor is superior, but the cool factor of Ironclads is almost too much to pass up on!

Contemptor is generally better I'd agree, that 2+ to hit is great and has saved the day enough times for me. The Ironclad is solid though and will do good work for you, but I've found tends to attract a lot of attention even in Dread heavy lists so you might not get the most out of it. Still good for cool factor of course ;)

Archived