Ork base sizing

USNCenturion

With the codex on the horizon and new models on my workbench, I wanted to ask the fellow frater in the forum their opinion on what base size to use for boyz and their equivalents? The kits currently come with 25 mm as standard, but I can’t help but think they may be repackaged with 32 mm in the future. I find 32 to be more aesthetically pleasing anyway, but I’m not sure if I want to make the jump on my own before the new ‘dex and any models are released.

What say you? Do you anticipate a base size change coming? Should I do my own thing and put 32s on regular boyz, lootas, etc?

I sure hope they don't put normal orks on 32s. It would be so hard to fit them into places.

I put nobs on 32s, which sure helps locate them.

Same vote here for keeping the 25 mm bases.  I do prefer 32s because they are easier to work with and you can fit more stuff on them if you're into customizing your bases, but the sheer amount of models per squad of any kind of Ork would make fitting them all into cover even harder than it already is.

I like the 32mm but if you're on the fence you should probably just wait for the codex and see if they repackage. Fasten them with blu-tack if you want to play with them in the meantime. I think the best option is if they change into 32mm since then people can use either size without complaints.

I liked the idea of distinguishing boyz from nobz by base size, so I put the 25s on the regular boyz and lootas. They’re easy enough to pry off down the road if there is an official switch, and if not, they’ll be easier to clump together, pack, and tell apart.

Thanks for all your input!

I really should get around to ordering some extra 32mm bases. My marines could really use some at least for the jump units (already using 32mm ones for units that came with them), but the nobz definitely need at 32mm as well. 25mm on them is rather silly.

Archived