Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2k Death Guard Anvil of Doom

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Amornar

Amornar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 92 posts
Hello all you pox-y people. I am thinking about getting into death guard as an army. Been watching some battle reports and reading stuff online getting a feel for the units. I love all the little synergies between buffs and units and put together a starting list that allows me to focus on a decent local list I can win with but gives me some amazing models to build and paint. This is what I have so far would love some feedback.

2000 Pts

Battalion

Typhus
Malignant Plaguecaster

14 Plague Marines
2 Blightlaunchers
2 Flails
Champ with plaguesword and plasma pistol (didn’t have pets for gun)

14 Poxwalkers
14 Poxwalkers

Biologus Purifier
Noxious Blightbringer
Tallyman

Plagueburst Crawler- Slugger and spitters
Plagueburst Crawler- Slugger and spitters

Outrider

Daemon Prince
Wings
Claws
Spurrating Plate
Arch-Contaminator Trait

Bloat-drone- Spitters
Bloat-drone- Spitters
Blight-hauler
Blight-hauler

Basic idea is to use everything in a big buffed line that rolls up the table. Poxwalkers screen with typhus and psychic buffs. Plague Marines and Purifier go grenade crazy with strat and stay protected with the can’t target unless closest strat. Blightbringer keeps everyone moving. Tallyman and Daemon Prince allow crazy amounts of rerolls for combat and shooting with the moving tide of gun supports really lethal within 7 of a centrally placed prince.

Blight-haulers provide a huge cover bubble for the marines and walkers with the two spread out to just overlap the central characters in the middle of the blob. Miasma’s -1 to hit helps keep them or others alive as I see them as defensive tech than offensive to protect the already resilient other forces. Drones, elite characters, or a walker squad can peel off or hang back to grab objectives.

Think that about does it. Not the most insane list but I want to keep it decent and highly playable. Not totally sold on double crawlers but they are cheap so it’s hard to replace when it would be a lot more points for say a third drone. Let me know if you have any thoughts, cheers all!

Edited by Amornar, 17 April 2018 - 06:19 PM.

BlackTriton

BlackTriton

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 615 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard

Nice list, I quite like the plague marine bomb.

Im curious about the lack of rhino, I feel they could add a lot by moving either some poxwalker or plague marine.

McElMcNinja

McElMcNinja

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 521 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard
The haulers provide a cover save to troops, not a to be hit penalty. Still a nice bonus.
If you could get 14 man squad to 2 7 man squads, you could double your special weapons. I know you mentioned running out of points for them, so maybe 2 5 man squads and use the extra points to boost your Poxwalker units closer to 20 each.
  • Checkmate77 likes this

Amornar

Amornar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 92 posts
A rhino or two I am sure would help mobility but I don’t feel you -have- to take them with death guard and from what I can tell people have been pretty successful without them and I really like the idea of a 40k army that can actually play without hundreds of dollars of metal boxes to hide all your meched up troops in.

You are right about the haulers! I knew that too I just typed wrong when I got to the summary, was thinking about the -1 to hit power. 2+ save Marines and actual save Poxwalkers is the bubble benefit. I am toying around with a list idea that drops a crawler and reorganizes the troops into 3 squads of 7 marines and one big screen of 20 walkers. Not sure yet though.

Thanks for the input guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users