My Waaagh

tvih

+ TRANSMISSION INTERRUPTED +

+ SIGNAL RECEIVED +

+ BEGIN FEED +

"Da T.V.I.H. BROTHA! Da place ta be it would seem! Lookit aww dat tawent! Ya cood be drippin' belts, but yor lettin' yor boyz down cuz yer fergettin' one fing brutha an' I can see it in der eyez brutha. Da desperation, da feah! Deyz just lookin fer a good crumpin' brutha! An' when da Orkamania comez brutha oo do ya fink deyr eyez iz gonna turn ta? It ain't gonna be no T.V-nuffin'! WHEN DA SMOKE DEY IZ GONNA LOOK UP AT DA CRUSHA! Like da great Mork-syuh from da sky brutha! Bringin' da Mania brutha! Come ta free up aww dem Orkamaniaks in limbo an lead'em to da promised land brutha! Yoo remember dat T.V.I.H. , da Hulksta iz comin' brutha an' 'e'z gonna save aww 'iz littow Orkamaniaks!"

+ TRANSMISSION LOST +

The Waaagh arises! Tyranids on the horizon! IT'S SCRAPPIN' TIME! LOOKS LIKE BUG MEAT IS BACK ON THE MENU, BOYZ!

gallery_68041_14905_61669.jpg

List @ 1000 points:

Warboss with relic klaw, da biggest boss, +1 toughness trait

3x Nob Warbikers (2 with klaw)

5x Stormboyz + nob with big choppa

29 boyz + nob with klaw

Deffkopta with rokkits

Bonebreaka with Forktress kustom job

5 tankbustas + nob

Burna-Bommer

Opponent had broodlord, I think a hive tyrant (12 wounds) and some other monster (you can seem them closer in the later pic), 15 genestealers, 15 hormagaunts, 10 hormagaunts.

He went first, I chose so because I figured I wouldn't be able to reach the enemy lines anyway. With space bug trickery - which I forgot while deploying - the enemy genestealer unit came and charged the stormboyz - who actually lost models already from some shooting by one of the monsters - and the bikes. Alas, only one single bike survived said charge, with one wound (well, one being lost from "cut them down" stratagem when retreating on my own turn).

I retaliated by bombing the genestealers with my Burna-Bommer and shooting with deffkopta and the boyz (latter was surprisingly effective, though we forgot to account for -1 to hit).Tankbustas disembarked and went near the middle of the map to shoot at the exposed broodlord. Alas, only two wounds caused. Oh well, they were gonna die now with the 15 hormagaunts being almost next to them. Gamble didn't pay off so well. Though the burna-bommer did somehow manage to take off the remaining 4 wounds off the broodlord. Splat.

The boyz and Bonebreaka then charged the remaining genestealers. The boyz finished the job easily, leaving the Bonebreaka sitting there bummed.

Turn 2 the first enemy monster (non-shooting one) came rolling in, charging my boyz and the Bonebreaka. It missed the boyz with its tail, and whacked 8 wounds off the Bonebreaka. In return the Bonebreaka took only two wounds off it, due to the monster having a very annoying 3++. Boyz took a few off as well... I think. As expected, hormagaunts wiped the tankbustas from existence... well, actually the nob survived with one wound but then failed morale. At this point the monster annoyingly but expectedly used a fight again stratagem, and wrecked the Bonebreaka. I didn't pass even a single 5++, typical.

I started off with my bommer, deciding to attack the 10 hormagaunts sitting at the enemy's "home" objective. The bomb burned away 7 models, shooting a further two - last died from morale. Objective cleared! Warboss joined the Boyz in whacking the monster.

gallery_68041_14905_146844.jpg

Alas, the Warboss did take 6 wounds off it, but took some in return. For some reason I'm a bit hazy on this part, but I THINK the boyz killed the monster, and the second monster than came and charged the next turn. Elsewhere the last nob biker and deffkopta charged the 15 hormagaunts, but the opponent used a stratagem to strike first and killed the kopta - I failed 5 out of 7 4+ saves. The bike I think killed one of them maybe?

So as said, I think the enemy monster then charged the boyz, who were covering my warboss - who only had 2 wounds left - so that it couldn't be charged. And it actually managed to kill 5 boyz, the first boyz to die in the battle. Boyz gave a proper beating in return, especially as I used the fight again stratagem to double down on it, wiping the monstrosity from existence. This allowed me to free up the boyz to move enough bodies to hold the objective they had been holding all the while, and then charge the hormagaunts who were near after killing my biker - who killed another one of them and at the end of the turn a few more via morale - while the warboss ran to hold an objective. The boyz wiped the hormagaunts with ease, removing the last enemies from the table. They then spread out to cover a second objective too, for some additional VP. And in general I got the VP required to win mostly from the turn 4 and 5 gains, ending up at 56 vs 24.

So at the end I had a 2W warboss, 24 boyz + nob, and the burna-bommer remaining. It's funny, usually the boyz die in droves but now it was everything else doing the dying and the boyz the killing (despite having -1 to hit in the first two turns due to space bug magicks)... it's funny because I was stressing about my CP and wasn't using it because I was sawing it for a Boyz respawn. So the one and only time I used CP in the battle was the fight again stratagem on turn 3.

The bommer also did nice work, it should be said. Sad that the bonebreaka died, as I think it survived the previous three battles and had time to do proper damage in them too. But the end result is what matters the most - the Waaagh prevailed!

Well done!, nice to see some boyz making it happen in 9th Ed !!

Congratulations on the win!, some big teeth were earned from those big tyranids im sure ;-D

Thanks for the Battep and the pics , Burna bommer for the win eh !!

Cheers, Mithril