Preparing for the Worst: Dealing with the new FAQ

Sea-People

Aggressors are quite good with the FNP banner. They don’t benefit as much from our chapter tactic but at least they get a huge buff from the relic with T5 and 2 wounds each. Also if they did not move on their turn they can get 12 shots on 4+ upon death.

They are not as brutal for blood angels as for raven guard tho. (Infiltrated double shot on 1st turn is brutal)

For primaris options it is debatable as weather inceptors are better for us as you can redeploy them with wings of fire.

Aggressors are quite devastating if you take the Bolter variant and manage to let them shoot twice. Infiltrating them is one of the core tactics for Raven Guard Primaris armies for a reason. ^^

However there are a few traps to look out for.

1. They aren't good in melee. They just have 2 powerfist attacks hitting on 4s so you have to expect only 1 wound per model which only causes 1d3 damage if unsaved.

Getting +1 to wound the first round doesn't help much either due their already high strength and low damage characteristic (low damage means you shouldn't send them against tanks and such and rather concentrate on more elite infantry if you really have to have them in melee)

2. Flamer. Flamer don't benefit from the rulebto advance and shoot without penalty which is included in the models basecost so you're paying for what you can't use.

Plus it's rather unlikely to be able to be stationary for a turn and still have something in range to shoot twice. So another rule you pay for but don't use.

To make things worse you aren't allowed to take the rocket launcher thing together with flamer for whatever reason either.

I've been running Boltstorm Aggressors because I like the models. They often die on the first turn, as my opponents tend to use their anti-tank weaponry on them, since I play an all-infantry list. Considering they are 111 points, I'm usually not too worked up about losing them, if they absorbed some firepower first.

But when they do get to hang around, I am always pleased with their shooting. It's just a stupid number of shots when they don't move, but even on the advance, they can often soften chaff for anything assaulting. In all, I'd say they are a good complementary unit for BA, at a good price.

Aggressors seem like they could be a replacement for my chaff killing units of stormbolter jump pack vets and inceptors, since both of those units just got taken out behind the shed.

Aggressors seem like they could be a replacement for my chaff killing units of stormbolter jump pack vets and inceptors, since both of those units just got taken out behind the shed.

I was actually planning on moving my inceptors to T2 plasma deep stike and using aggressors to bolter things T1 before the beta rule dropped so it kind of works out (or at least gives me silver lining).

Archived