Need more PL on the table.

Paladin777

In amassing my army, I never once anticipated GW pulling the points level shenanigans that they did in regards to deep striking. As a result, my lists have my deep strikers outnumbering might not deep strikers in PL by almost double and now I need to figure out where to put points regarding boots on the ground. I am not quite 2000 points yet, but as of yet I have an all infantry force. Intercessor troops, sanguinary guard, death company, two squads inceptors, and HQ choices. I was originally planning on getting a third squad of inceptors to finish up, But now I’m not sure that’s such a good idea.

At one point like strongly considered running a few Dreadnoughts, and at least two of them with lascannons. Maybe that’s a good idea again.

You might be able to balance out your power level better by just adding individual marines to a few squads.  Adding one Intercessor to a squad of 5 doubles that squad's power level, while still being fairly cheap from a points perspective.  That should help a bit without skewing your list too far away from what you were aiming for.

Using power level instead of points seems like a really weird choice to me, especially for matched play.  It also hurts me more than if they used points, my 2000 pt list has more points on the ground than in reserves, but the balance is flipped when looking at power level unfortunately.  Luckily, nobody in my group is very fond of any of these FAQ rules, so at least within the confines of our normal group we're just ignoring them.

It won't stay that way when it's official. It's so cumbersome to write a list where you have to factor in 2 separate point systems especially when it can be exploited by adding 1 intercessor for an extra 5 PL.

I highly doubt the reserve rule will stay the way it has been proposed. Go on every forum for every army and you'll see that the vast majority of players aren't happy with it.

Interestingly, if you do put your DC on the table (for Forlorn Fury, say), you've basically guaranteed that between that and whatever troops you have, you can put any other amount of Power Level in reserve.

Your Death Company will get shot to death if you don't get first turn, but, hey, at least you covered the PL thing.

Even so, I still need more. My current 2k list is 61 pts deep striking and 31 on the board and that is with my DC starting on the board. If They end up using straight points instead of PL, then the difference is still pretty stark with about 1250 to 750.

I think I’m going to go for a couple lascannon Dreadnoughts and maybe a fragioso. I’ve always liked them and I actually could really use the long range AT.

Archived