Got myself Forgebane, what should I make the necrons?

chapter master 454

I recently got myself Forgebane along with a new knight because I want to begin prepping for the knight codex however I do have a small interest in necrons having had them as an army prior to their update (3rd edition) and would like to get back to them because I want something not as dominate as the eldar I have been playing (they are fun, but want to return to the metal undead boys).

However I am kind of paralysed in choice. I want to make the Lychguard with sword and board, but want to get some second opinions on along with the immortals could become deathmarks. So that question is do I make deathmarks or immortals, if I make immortals should I go Gauss or Tesla (because I know Tesla has been highly regarded)?

If it helps thoughts, my old collection does comprise of currently I believe 20 odd warriors (somehow I lost 20 somewhere! Should have 40) along with I think 5 immortals and 3 wraiths somewhere as well along with a monolith (lol now I know).

Well i to am in the same Ark as you, 

i have opted for Lychguard S&B as well and am going with Gauss Immortals cause i like the save modifier, Tesla rocks...But usually when all the planets align and prayers to all the C'Tan have been heard (although some Dynasty Traits help with this i believe?) , Deathmarks i have never used...but i guess it all depends on your play style...

Good luck with your new force!

Cheers, Mithril       

Lychguard of any variety is baller. Can't go wrong with immortals either!

Gauss is nice for 'unsupported operatives' whereas tesla really shines in a big unit with an overlord shouting MWBD at them.

As for the Wraiths you probably want them nekkid. Maaaybe pistol, maybe.

I too picked up Forgebane plus the new start collecting and assembled them possibly non-optimally as the Lychguard I did as scythe, the FB Immortals as Deathmark & the barge as an Annihilation Barge. It helped that I found the other Crons I started back in 5th, so I've another 20 Immortals split Gauss/Tesla, a catacomb command barge, a ghost ark, 3 more wraiths, 2 Spyders, a Cryptek, Zahndrekh & Obryon, 2 Doom/Night Scythes, a Monolith, 12 bases of scarabs, and some Overlords. Somewhere is a stack of warriors and I still have the rest of the '18 start collecting and a box each of Tomb Blade, Lychguard/Praetorian, Wraiths and a Spyder to assemble.

Archived