Preceptorum Callae

Not so much a suggestion as much as it is a question.

When was the last time the Preceptorum Callae was used in a proper fashion? 5th edition or so? Kinda curious as to why it was archived. Did it just fall out of use?

Apologies for putting it here, but couldn't think of a better place.

As one of the OR mods, I may as well add to that answer.

A while back I attempted to create something similar in the OR with a pinned summary thread that worked much like an FAQ, with the various topics being referenced and a Q&A style summary of the outcome.

However real life took a toll and I couldn't continue to keep it updated, resulting in it becoming increasingly obsolete.  The thread does still exist in an archived (and non-viewable) section of the forum, but it's unlikely to ever be resurrected.

Given the following:

- a comparatively simple summary thread is unlikely to be resurrected.

- resurrecting the Preceptorum Callae from it's massively out of date state into something functional would require a substantially greater amount of time and effort, both in terms of start-up and again in subsequent maintenance.  

- the Search function offered by the site can easily be used in lieu of this.

It's unlikely to become a priority in the near future.

As one of the OR mods ...

As the other OR mod I'd like to generally endorse my cohorts statements regarding this. We have discussed this behind the scenes.

If we had some exceptionally skilled summarisers who would like to voluntarily produce some articles on more recent subjects in a relatively neutral tone that we could enshrine in that space we may be able reach some arrangements. If this sounds like something you're keenly interested in doing feel free to contact me for some initial discussion of your proposed article and to work out the specifics of how we'll proceed.

Unfortunately, Eddie, it's not something I'd be interested in doing. I suspect I would quickly lose track and focus and time, and it would become just what it is today. Sorry.

I was just curious; thank you for answering, brothers.

Archived