Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Preceptorum Callae

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 533 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

Not so much a suggestion as much as it is a question.

When was the last time the Preceptorum Callae was used in a proper fashion? 5th edition or so? Kinda curious as to why it was archived. Did it just fall out of use?

Apologies for putting it here, but couldn't think of a better place.

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper.

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshop

There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts

ETL_Medal_01.gifETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_03_.jpggallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet

Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 1/7/1

Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 19,300 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
The use of that sub-forum is dependent upon the mods that run the forum and whether or not they believe that having a summary of suggestions is useful to members.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.png

Dam13n

Dam13n

++ CÆLATOR ALTRICES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,331 posts
  • Faction: The Scions

As one of the OR mods, I may as well add to that answer.

A while back I attempted to create something similar in the OR with a pinned summary thread that worked much like an FAQ, with the various topics being referenced and a Q&A style summary of the outcome.

However real life took a toll and I couldn't continue to keep it updated, resulting in it becoming increasingly obsolete.  The thread does still exist in an archived (and non-viewable) section of the forum, but it's unlikely to ever be resurrected.

Given the following:

- a comparatively simple summary thread is unlikely to be resurrected.

- resurrecting the Preceptorum Callae from it's massively out of date state into something functional would require a substantially greater amount of time and effort, both in terms of start-up and again in subsequent maintenance.  

- the Search function offered by the site can easily be used in lieu of this.

It's unlikely to become a priority in the near future.

Eddie Orlock

Eddie Orlock

++ FRATERIS TEMPLAR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 3,039 posts
  • Faction: Storm Angels

As one of the OR mods ...

As the other OR mod I'd like to generally endorse my cohorts statements regarding this. We have discussed this behind the scenes.

If we had some exceptionally skilled summarisers who would like to voluntarily produce some articles on more recent subjects in a relatively neutral tone that we could enshrine in that space we may be able reach some arrangements. If this sounds like something you're keenly interested in doing feel free to contact me for some initial discussion of your proposed article and to work out the specifics of how we'll proceed.
"Academic politics is the most vicious and bitter form of politics, because the stakes are so low."
- Wallace Sayre

The continued future of the Bolter and Chainsword is in your hands.

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 533 posts
  • Faction: Space Marines, Necrons

Unfortunately, Eddie, it's not something I'd be interested in doing. I suspect I would quickly lose track and focus and time, and it would become just what it is today. Sorry.

I was just curious; thank you for answering, brothers.

Dosjeska: But then again we are Iron Hands, we will use a hammer as a scalpel. Ace Debonair: Loyalists bow to The Emperor, Heretics bow to their Dark Gods, but everybody bows to Captain Semper.

Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch's Workshop

There are 4 boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order. -anon [][] Laus Alit Artes-Praise Nourishes the Arts

ETL_Medal_01.gifETL_VI_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei_03_.jpggallery_77459_13226_2824.pnggallery_4664_12529_16642.jpgDawn Blades Iron Gauntlet

Dawn Blades: W/L/D: 1/7/1

Naculan Dynasty: W/L/D: 0/0/0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users