Ork love on 40k Facebook page

USNCenturion

There is a new post by GW on Facebook concerning the history of ork dreads; apparently there’s also a codex release code somewhere in the artwork. I’ve been trying to decipher the glyphs there but not much luck yet.

Any news is great news at this point when it’s in an official capacity from GW, so I’m excited!

A codex release code?

It’s release date. I’m skeptical, but there are glyphs that may say something if one can translate them.

And what exactly leads you to believe the release date is  hidden in such a way? I saw the post, but no mention of such a thing.

A codex release code?

It’s release date. I’m skeptical, but there are glyphs that may say something if one can translate them.

And what exactly leads you to believe the release date is hidden in such a way? I saw the post, but no mention of such a thing.

Just the comments of others.

Was just passing along some information and friendly scuttlebutt. I’m sure any symbolism is purely decorative and coincidental.

Its not.  I talked to the individual myself.  He admitted it was a troll post after I told him to identify what kind of cipher he used.  Pretty sure when I said I knew it wasn't a caesar or an atbash cipher he knew the jig was up :P  Unless GW has hired some expert cryptographers that have used an incredibly well encoded cipher, the glyphs are just there for decoration.  Though, knowing GW, they probably did and it translates to "The plastic warbuggy, wartrakk, and multi-part plastic warboss are buried somewhere outside of GW HQ, right next to the cure for cancer." :rolleyes:

Archived