Limit of 3 exemptions

MARK0SIAN

I don't think there are very many units in the game that require exemption. Probably just HQ units for armies with only one or two options, and some of the odd units in minor forces that only have a few options. (If anyone has a 2000 point army of pure Legion of the Damned I'd definitely allow that). Also some clarification about units that are taken as part of another dataslate or added to an army during the game not counting to the limit e.g. Drones, Spore mines created by biovores etc.

As you are only doing this for your own house rules, I'd just look at it on a case by case basis. If someone comes along with an army that is no longer valid because they cannot replace their units with other choices, make those units exempt. I imagine this will very rarely be an issue. Personally I don't think I've ever broken the new rule of three in any edition of 40k :D

As specified in the original post, we like the limit of three in general, we just just want to create a list of models that may need to be exempt for our games.

It has nothing to do with reading the full rules/not understanding them/straining ourselves. We just want to make sure we haven’t missed any units simply because we are less familiar with their codexes.

I may be misunderstanding here, so apologies in advance.

You and your friends already play some armies between you, yes? So why is the list in your first post totally blank?

Secondly, if neither you or your friends play certain armies, why would you need to house-rule for them?

No apologies needed. I left the list blank mainly because I wanted to see if others came up with the same ones we did. Kind of wanted it to be a self check that we weren’t just biased because we played those armies.

As for other armies, our games/meet ups are open to anyone who wants to attend. It would actually be nice to have more people but where I live doesn’t seem to have a thriving tabletop scene. We just wanted to be prepared in case someone showed up with, for example, an ork army or a mechanicum one which (apart from knights) none of us play.

I would agree with platoon commanders and not company commanders (the elite choice, not the HQ, it makes more sense to have more junior officers than senior officers) and by extension, command squads.

But I would also include Heavy weapon squads, special weapon squads, potentially scion primes as well since it is very hard to make a pure scion army with only 3 tempestor primes.  

Archived