Inquisitor Karamazov Sculpt

bkde

With the new FAQ out I'm thinking of running something just silly and stumbled along Inquisitor Karamazov.

Has anyone ever used this guy? Also, it seems the only sculpt available is the resin one. Does anyone have any experience with the model itself? It's not finecast garbage is it?

Better yet...anyone have an old metal one hidden away in a closet?

Cheers!

Model wise the GW one is made up of a ton of finecast little pieces. Its tough but find yourself a metal one if at all possible. 

As far as conversions go he's about the size of a Dreadnought, so if you can get creative I'm sure you could kitbash one out of all the GW plastic Dreadnought kits. 

Rules wise, he's the best he's ever been throughout his 40k rules history (which isn't saying much). He's always been a super fun model to play, but don't plan on being a world breaker with him. I try and play him as if he's a dreadnought, he's decent in CC, and his master crafted melta isn't something to scoff at. Just make sure you bubble wrap him with Acolytes so they can soak up wounds, his 4+/4++ isn't the greatest. By far his biggest challenge is how slow he is, no transport capability, and only moving 5" I find it a struggle to get him up the field. 

Overall he's a super fun Inquisitor to play, and if you do get your hands on one of the metal models, he looks pretty intimidating and awesome on the board. Honestly what he needs is his orbital bombardment ability back. In the past editions he could drop pie plates on his own people in order to wipe out the enemies that are close by. It fit great with his fluff, and if GW gave that ability back to him I think he'd stick out more amongst his fellow Inquisitors.

Model wise the GW one is made up of a ton of finecast little pieces. Its tough but find yourself a metal one if at all possible.

Rules wise, he's the best he's ever been throughout his 40k rules history (which isn't saying much). He's always been a super fun model to play, but don't plan on being a world breaker with him. I try and play him as if he's a dreadnought, he's decent in CC, and his master crafted melta isn't something to scoff at. Just make sure you bubble wrap him with Acolytes so they can soak up wounds, his 4+/4++ isn't the greatest. By far his biggest challenge is how slow he is, no transport capability, and only moving 5" I find it a struggle to get him up the field.

Overall he's a super fun Inquisitor to play, and if you do get your hands on one of the metal models, he looks pretty intimidating and awesome on the board. Honestly what he needs is his orbital bombardment ability back. In the past editions he could drop pie plates on his own people in order to wipe out the enemies that are close by. It fit great with his fluff, and if GW gave that ability back to him I think he'd stick out more amongst his fellow Inquisitors.

All of this ^^

He just seems so silly to play. I have a few penitent engines as well, wanted to run both him and the engines just for the hilarity factor.

I do have a spare one if you're interested.

@casb1965 Awesome! Saw your message, definitely still interested if available! Cheers!

Archived