Zone Mortalis & Necro Bulkheads and Doors?

Hello all.

Anyone tried this combo?  I do remember a statement from when the boxset was released that these were compatible.

However I stumbled upon this blog entry.   I know there is warping to consider but the pictures in the blog looks like the doors are even bigger than just a warping issue.

http://battlebunnies.blogspot.com/2017/11/necromunda-doors-in-3d-zone-mortalis.html

I've been thinking about building or just buying a small ZM table.  Was leaning towards just buying it from Forgeword as I just don't have the time to scratch build one.   But if the doors do not fit - might literally go  back to the drawing table.

That's great.   Anyone got experience with the actual FW zone mortalis boards? 

Those designs look great and I love how they fit with the existing game board.  I wish MDF were an option here but with over 90% humidity year round ikea furniture doesn't even last a year or two before it swells up and dies.  I've even tried sealing that with poly.

If I go the route of scratch building I'll probably do something like that with plasticard.

I'd  personally run a series of tests with the poly-acrylic to see if it runs in your airbrush alright. I've seen it run through HVLP Guns but never art grade airbrushes. Might be worth asking around Model aircraft or woodworking circles in your area or forums online  for advice on sealant and spray for MDF in high humidity areas.

While you may be lucky with warping, for me the doors didn't fit at all, same as with drakes Zone Mortalis. Had to cut off some of the sides to make it work:

gallery_79873_10492_17997.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic.   Kinda disappointing they couldn't make them compatible but good to know.

Love your ZM board by the way and definitely and inspiration for me to build one of my own. :tu:

Thanks for posting the pic.   Kinda disappointing they couldn't make them compatible but good to know.

Love your ZM board by the way and definitely and inspiration for me to build one of my own. :thumbsup:

Thanks buddy :)

I really think the warping played them a joke on this one, since in theory it can work if you are lucky. 

Not really though, running it through their webcart with postage It comes out to roughly £150 for just those wall sections, for which i could get 6 (ish) Resin Zm tiles which is roughly a necromunda board. I appreciate the mdf can be heavy be the postage just kills the price appeal. Though they did mention looking at an EU partner on their FB page so fingers crossed!

Ofc now im eyeing up Resin ZM tiles again...

Fair enough... I rephrase my statement...." For US customers in  the continental United States and Canada it is half the price of the FW ZM tiles...."  Other options include Hirst art molds (the molds are relatively cheap, Dental stone shipping rarely is), There probably are several European makers of MDF based space-ship terrain, I'd look around online and inquire....

just relative to my location since I don't know where ya'll live.

DR Designs kit  $160.00  including shipping

FW 4 tile kit  $161.00  including 15% for shipping

So without going into detail there is  way more to take into consideration here, taxes and fees, 1 kit includes the floors but the other would build a bigger board etc.

For me  -  if the proverbial "shoe fit"  I'd choose the FW tiles as they'd last longer than the cardboard playing board.   

Even taking into account  I've already bought the additional BadZone Necro Tiles  because... umm.. chaos.  :tu:

Archived