In addition, GK got no updates along with some other armies, since according GW the GDs didn't receive any complaint about GK rules. The problems are that (i) GK date back to the beginning of 8th Edition while other non-updated armies were born in 8th in the last three months, and (ii) the international community *did* send GW *a lot of complaints* through feedback mails.
For these reasons, the Italian GK community decided to write a new feedback mail for GW, proposing the same points to be addressed anew enclosed within more acid frontmatter and backmatter. Here below you can find what we are sending to the GW FAQ mail address (firstname.lastname@example.org), please feel free to contribute to the spam (just remember to change "Italian" with "International" or "[insert your country]")
Dear Games Workshop,
this is a new feedback mail produced from the Italian Grey Knights (GK henceforth) community in response to the errata & FAQs for Warhammer 40,000 released on April 16th. With this mail, we would like to express our DEEP DISAPPOINTMENT for not having received ANY update to our units in order to improve our internal balance, which we feel to be really needed at this point of the 8th Edition. Also reading OFFICIAL comments of yours on your OFFICIAL Facebook page about GK not needing an internal fixing for you not having received "any new questions that needed addressing this time round" is deeply saddening for us. This is in fact a FAKE STATEMENT, since you received PLENTY of feedback about GK that needed to be addressed from both our local community and the international one. Thus, although we are "grateful" for you not having nerfed us with the straight applications of errata such as the final version of the Smite (former) beta rule, we are deeply concerned about even the playability of our Codex after the introduction of the so-called "Alpha Strike Beta Nerf", which leaves us with VERY POOR tactical options since we are an army that focuses on the aspects that are currently the MOST PENALIZED in the whole game (i.e. alternative entering from reserves, psychic phase and melee). In addition to this, since NOT A SINGLE POINT of our previous feedback was taken into account for this FAQ round, we would WARMLY invite you to reconsider the lack of Errata & FAQs for GK and to release them IN SHORT after this mail. Among the points that need to be addressed, the major ones are:
1) improve our psychic phase by allowing us to attempt casting AT LEAST each power (with possibly the exception of the mortal-wound dealers) TWICE a turn rather than once;
2) exclude us from the "Alpha Strike Beta Nerf", e.g. by treating our Teleport Strike like the Raven Guard Ambush;
3) give our Librarians access to another psychic discipline such as the Space Marine Librarius (i.e. the Thousand Sons concept);
4) increase both the range of Purifiers' Cleansing Flame to 6" AND their profile Attacks and Ld values by +1 per model, OR give them a MASSIVE point decrease (or at least any combination of these things);
5) MASSIVELY decrease the point cost of our Terminators, since they are CLOSE TO UNPLAYABILITY in a game in which the spam of high-S, good-AP, multi-D shooting weapons is NORMALITY; also, bring back their old Ld, since their current one is TOTALLY OUT OF BACKGROUND;
6) in case the psychic rule of one is not overwritten, MASSIVELY decrease the point cost of units that we share with Space Marines that are BRUTALLY overpriced just for the "fault" to be Psykers (referring in particular to Techmarines and Dreadnoughts of any kind);
7) give Interceptors the keyword FLY;
8) allow Dreadknights to do not suffer the -1 penalty to shoot after having moved or entered from reserves;
9) TOTALLY rework the psycannon (should be AT LEAST Heavy 6 as the assault cannon) AND the incinerator (as is, it is UNPLAYABLE by an army deep-striking at more than 9" from the enemy), OR give them a MASSIVE point decrease; also, bring some point costs of equipment shared with SM (e.g., the plasma cannon) in line with their last updates;
10) give us a way to collect extra CPs OR a way to recover them during the game (IF NOT BOTH).
We sincerely hope that this time your attention will be focused on these issues that we continuously find in our games, and that therefore we are not left back again until September 2018. Although it is actually clear that you believe that GK are the most balanced army in the game, since you only made few changes that (except for the almost useless Terminator point decrease) have only been nerfs, we assure you that there's nothing less real. This thesis is further supported from the fact that no one uses pure GK armies in competition with good results, and ever more people are giving up with GK. But we already sent you tons of feedback that you decided to ignore, probably because you only consider the feedback from tournaments where, as already affirmed, no GK have good results. This means one of the following:
- you are incompetent;
- you are in mala fides.
We would be therefore more than happy to get proof of the opposite.
The Italian Grey Knights Community
Many thanks in advance for the contribution!
Edited by Chronos Darkhelmet, 19 April 2018 - 07:24 AM.