Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Feedback Mail to GW

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Capt. Mytre

Capt. Mytre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 249 posts

How much CP do you guys have? 3 cp for a Patrol detachment would give him 1 turn of psybolt, with a spare CP for the rest of the game.

BTW, I assume you're talking about purgation squads if he has more than 2 silencers per squad. Also, psybolt ammunition only works on bolter type weapons, psilencers require psychic onslaught stratagem (2cp), so either he was buffing the stormbolters or the psilencers.

9x19 Parabellum

9x19 Parabellum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 744 posts

How much CP do you guys have? 3 cp for a Patrol detachment would give him 1 turn of psybolt, with a spare CP for the rest of the game.

BTW, I assume you're talking about purgation squads if he has more than 2 silencers per squad. Also, psybolt ammunition only works on bolter type weapons, psilencers require psychic onslaught stratagem (2cp), so either he was buffing the stormbolters or the psilencers.

Yes, it was 3 CP at 500 and 750, barring any selections which buffed or refunded CPs.

No, I'm talking about Strike Squad, he only had 1 Psilencer.  Yes, I'm aware psybolt ammo only works on bolters, and I'm aware it's 2 CP.

But drop a 10 man strike* within 12", behind LOS wall, cast Astral Aim.  That's 36 rapid fire storm bolter shots that ignore cover and reduce by a further 1 AP, wounding GEQ-TEQ on 3's.  Turn 1 (which he stands a good chance of getting because small/elite force) that's going to take a big bite out of many 500 and 750 pt. armies.

*we played non-Beta rules so he could just teleport them in, but even without he could GoI them where he needed them. 

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum, Yesterday, 02:59 PM.

The poster previously known as Rocmistro

No, it's not a bolter caliber! 9x19, dedicated Blood Angels and Raven Guard aficionado.

gallery_95196_13406_23821.jpg

9x19 Parabellum

9x19 Parabellum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 744 posts

And this is a HUGE change. 

Perhaps, but you do realize not every game of 40k in the world is played at a 2k point level right?  In fact most games in my local meta are closer to 1k - 1.2k because there are a lot of working adults with kids and families that don't have time to play bigger games.

And so all I'm trying to point out here is that it's disingenous, and a failure, to say GREK KNIGHTS SUCK SO BAD OMG I CAN'T PLAY THEM but then admit, "oh, 500/750 pts, yeah, sure they are very good at *that* bracket, but NO ONE Plays it", except, oh wait, yes, they do.

Anyway I guess I'm not going to change anyone's mind and that's ok.  I think most of the page 1 issues that the OP wrote about that I agree with are things that affect Astartes in general (Termies and the Tac profile in general being way overcosted, dreads (of any name) suffering the -1 penalty to move and shoot heavy weapons).  But as an RG player, I'm lucky, because most of the other chapter tactics suck hard, and I would say several of them are worse than GK.

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum, Yesterday, 03:05 PM.

The poster previously known as Rocmistro

No, it's not a bolter caliber! 9x19, dedicated Blood Angels and Raven Guard aficionado.

gallery_95196_13406_23821.jpg

Danarc

Danarc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 387 posts
The HUGE change isn’t playng at 500 points. It’s don’t consider the rules related to CP and detachments.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users