New Feedback Mail to GW

So what I honestly expect?

- Smite remains the same 

- Maybe psybolt turns into a psychic power instead of a strat where the previous start would be changed to allow you to cast twice.

- Heavy Weapons get reworked, maybe making them assault instead of heavy would be the most likely scenario IMO 

- Point reductions to some units. It's heavily dependent if the generic SM model gets a point reduction. If we get one they get one and vice versa the only excepts would be purifiers they could get a point reduction without cascading into point reductions across the imperium model line.

- More SM models allowed to be GK's IE primarus. This is a bit more outside the box and people will say it's not in the lore etc etc but it wouldn't be the first time GW does something like this

What I don't think will happen

- Access to generic SM powers. seriously if this happens I'll change my name and live on the street. This is straight up wishlisting IMO

- Changes to Toughness or most stat lines, the only exception to this would be purifiers

- Full revamp of psychic powers. GW precedent is adjusting current psychic powers or adding powers at best. Full revamp is again wishlisting IMO

Even my expectations are teetering on the edge of wishlisting. I've have high expectations with each GK codex release and update since 5th and I've gotten no favors just a random bone thrown and called done. It's great GW said they are taking another look at GK's but I would advise asking for the stars and settle on that grey cloud hanging above our heads and hope it has a silver lining. 

We will see, won't we?

All we know for certain is the design team does try to address problems with the game and they are aware of the woes of Grey Knights players. Everything else is speculation until CA hits.

But it would be really surprising if they kept baby smite. I can kind of picture the mind of the designer who originally wrote the rules, thinking GK would be OP in the new meta before anyone had played the game. I'm sure this seemed like a good idea at the time.

They're trying to sort issues that come up in tournament play, so far they don't have a good track record with dealing with issues that come up outside of that.

They also have a history of those tournament fixes having a negative effect on the non-tournament player base.

I imagine there will be some points changes in CA, but nothing major. GK will only ever get a major update with a new primaris codex.

Yeah the fly thing was because of Juice from The Long War doing a dumb (technically legal at the time) move in front of Cruddance, when they should have clarified for charges (even with fly) to measure from base to base, counting diagonally.

GW doesn't play the game like competitive guys do. It doesn't occur to them to take multiple Tau commanders or multiple captains or daemon princes or hive tyrants.

And since Ward left, the books that aren't mysteriously the favorites of that mother :cusser Phil Kelly and Robin Cruddace have been meh. I know everybody hates Ward and all, but I'd put Blood For the Blood God on my gks and dead Bolter bitches on the bases if it gave me more power.

Archived