Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help with this 2k list

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Decade

Decade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
Hello!

Doing my first game with my Thousand Sons this weekend. I spent the last 2 or 3 months painting everything so the models here are pretty much what I have. I'm struggling to decide on what powers to give all my psykers though. My friends list is a mix blood angels and Astra miliatrum (not exactly sure what all he will bring yet).

I believe I did okay with the powers for the sorcerer in terminator armor since I plan to stick him with at least one unit of tzaangors and probably deep strike them together.

Also not sure if I should combine the two units of tzaangors since my plan was to deepstrike one and keep another back to protect characters and rubrics, the best they can.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Thousand Sons) [64 PL, 1171pts] ++

+ HQ +

Ahriman on Disc of Tzeentch [9 PL, 166pts]: Doombolt, Infernal Gaze, Tzeentch's Firestorm

Sorcerer in Terminator Armour [8 PL, 140pts]: Diabolic Strength, Familiar, Force stave, Inferno Combi-bolter, Prescience

+ Troops +

Rubric Marines [14 PL, 231pts]: Icon of Flame
. Aspiring Sorcerer: Force stave, Glamour of Tzeentch, Warpflame Pistol
. 8x Rubric Marine w/ Inferno Boltgun: 8x Inferno boltgun
. Rubric Marine w/ Soulreaper cannon: Soulreaper cannon

Rubric Marines [14 PL, 226pts]
. Aspiring Sorcerer: Force stave, Warpflame Pistol, Weaver of Fates
. 8x Rubric Marine w/ Inferno Boltgun: 8x Inferno boltgun
. Rubric Marine w/ Soulreaper cannon: Soulreaper cannon

Tzaangors [4 PL, 85pts]: Brayhorn, Icon of Flame, 9x Tzaangor w/ Tzaangor Blades
. Twistbray: Tzaangor blades

Tzaangors [4 PL, 85pts]: Brayhorn, Icon of Flame, 9x Tzaangor w/ Tzaangor Blades
. Twistbray: Tzaangor blades

+ Elites +

Scarab Occult Terminators [11 PL, 238pts]: Hellfyre Missile Rack
. Scarab Occult Sorcerer: Force stave, Inferno Combi-bolter, Tzeentch's Firestorm
. 3x Terminator: 3x Inferno Combi-bolter, 3x Powersword
. Terminator w/ Heavy Weapon: Power sword, Soulreaper cannon

++ Supreme Command Detachment +1CP (Chaos - Thousand Sons) [22 PL, 383pts] ++

+ HQ +

Exalted Sorcerer [7 PL, 121pts]: Force stave, Infernal Gaze, Inferno Bolt Pistol, Temporal Manipulation

Exalted Sorcerer [7 PL, 121pts]: Force stave, Inferno Bolt Pistol, Prescience, Warptime

Exalted Sorcerer on Disc of Tzeentch [8 PL, 141pts]: Force stave, Infernal Gaze, Inferno Bolt Pistol, Tzeentch's Firestorm

++ Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment (Chaos - Thousand Sons) [23 PL, 445pts] ++

+ Lord of War +

Magnus the Red [23 PL, 445pts]: Glamour of Tzeentch, Warptime, Weaver of Fates

++ Total: [109 PL, 1999pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

Edited by Decade, 19 April 2018 - 06:14 PM.

Kite Senet

Kite Senet

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 206 posts
  • Faction: Thousand Sons

I would note that the Supreme Command detachment does include a Lord of War slot which you could include Magnus in. I don't see any way to shuffle things around to get more CP out of a third detachment, though, so I'm not sure that having Magnus on his own is any problem.

I hear Gaze of Fate is bonkers good, so you you might want to include that from the Discipline of Tzeentch on Magnus.

Also, Tzeentch's Firestorm seems...questionable at best to me, but maybe it'll be okay on Ahriman if you're playing one-spell-per-psychic-phase. I'd pick something more situational for the Scarab Occult Sorcerer, though---something you might need in a pinch, rather than something you want to be casting every single turn. Perils with Aspiring Sorcerers and Scarab Occult Sorcerers are terrible: remember that a Perils'd Asp. Sorcerer will take D3 mortal wounds, which end up spread out through the unit, and then D3 mortal wounds are assigned to each unit within 6" -- which ALSO counts that same Rubric squad yet again. So it's not terribly improbable to end up taking 2D3 mortal wounds and losing 100 or so points of models from one Perils; SOT spells are slightly less risky but still pretty dangerous. Re-rolling Perils is why Gaze of Fate is so valuable, since it helps "unlock" the potential of your Rubric and SOT sorcerers.

Edited by Kite Senet, 21 April 2018 - 03:43 PM.

Decade

Decade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8 posts
Thanks for advice! You actually made me realize I totally forgot to add in Gaze of Fate! I will also take a look at giving the aspiring sorc's less important spells. Thanks again!
  • Kite Senet likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users